Re:Rhiannon group play, starting 2nd June, all welcome to join!

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Jun 12, 12 11:58 PM
Congratulations to March_Hare, sunshinej and gingergal for finishing!

March_Hare thanks so much for your lovely comments. Yes, that's me in the credits !
gingergal Sounds like you had a few technical problems in that last chapter so I'm extra-specially pleased to hear you managed to finish ok. I'm not sure if you found a few little glitches by doing things in a slightly different way that we hadn't foreseen or if maybe the installation got a little corrupted but at least you got there in the end.

Thanks so much for all your good wishes re my daughter Eve's wedding celebration. It all went really well and we had a lovely weekend despite having to avoid the floods in Wales after so much rain. I have to admit to shedding a few tears during the ceremony - it was very emotional.

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Jun 13, 12 2:06 AM
Congratulations to gingergal on finishing

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Jun 13, 12 3:27 AM
CONGRATULATIONS MARCH HARE & GINGERGAL!!!

Gingergal -** I created a personal glitch too at the end of CH 5 - managed to lose all the objects by trying to combine them before I had the recordings! Went back to an earlier save and all was fine. **

GMum xx

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Jun 13, 12 3:29 AM
Sorry, SUNSHINE CONGRATS TO YOU TOO!!!

GMum xx

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Jun 13, 12 5:33 AM
CONGRATULATIONS SUNSHINE AND GINGERGAL!

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on Jun 13, 12 9:46 AM
I didn't officially sign on but I played and finished the game over the last two days.

I played (but never finished due to an OS crash) the old version of Rhiannon (from the disk) and loved it, but I have to say this new premium version is even better! What a wonderful story-driven mystery. I'm really looking forward to the release of Coven.

Congrats to all the finishers and Enjoy to all who are still playing.

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Jun 13, 12 10:19 AM
Congratulations TAILTEANN! Yes the Premium is so much better.

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Jun 13, 12 12:36 PM
Congratulations TAILTEANN! Yes the Premium is so much better.

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Jun 13, 12 3:30 PM
Congratulations TAILTEANN!

GMum xxx

Edited on 06/13/2012 at 3:30:45 PM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jun 13, 12 3:39 PM
congratualtions tailtean!

gmum glad you got it working again.

Thanks Karen, and for all your help. It's my fault for replaying it for 25 mins as I know better to save games more often, the other time it was only 5 mins replaying. I think only having 3 people making this game, you did very well to have as few glitches as you did and it was released before windows 7 I think?

As long as I can play past glitches I am OK.
I just mention what glitches they are for feedback.

The bread and that TV thing were the big ones. Also when I picked up a couple of items - and it was in 'big' mode on screen but still couldn't pick it up it yet - whole screen froze a couple of times couldn't do anything. Sometimes exiting the game worked and other time going back to old save. The task list was just funny as it doesn't matter. I'd be walking down the lane suddenly a tick appeared, and I'd go in and it would say I had read a magazine that I had read two chapters ago.

March_Hare
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by March_Hare on Jun 13, 12 3:44 PM
Big CONGRATS to Tailteann, sunshine and gingergal on finishing this remarkable game!

Edited on 06/13/2012 at 3:48:03 PM PST

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Jun 13, 12 4:07 PM
Gingergal - are you sure you don't need some updated drivers and some of your software?

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jun 13, 12 4:49 PM
Joyfullady wrote:Gingergal - are you sure you don't need some updated drivers and some of your software?

short answer no. After years of being on big fish and going through ALL their suggestions (turn of AERO, run in admin etc etc) I did all that even when nothing was wrong with games but thought it was a good idea to set up my system like that.

Then I wrote all the list of where flash updates etcwhere and every other program that may need an update and make sure it is updated. I have nvidia panel which as well as relying on they running checks to see if there is any updates needed in my computer I run it manually as well, same as windows 7 updates which runs auto for any updates to all systems I also run that manually.

I never have problems with new games because I do this, older LF games since a lot did come out before windows 7 I have had some problems but so far it was a nvidia driver thing. And actually the opposite is true, sometimes your system is too updated and you need to roll back to old drivers. Which is why in an older post I was asking if that was the problem as I didn't play this with a rolled back nvidia driver but usually you know straight away in a game if that is the problem, as it sort of has a double screen and I didn't have that problem with this game.

I know with a lot of older games windows 7 does have slight problems with some games and google on this there are problems being reported.

I dont' know if it has anything to do with windows 7 or nvidia(?) as with the TV thing I think I just did something first that the DEV didn't think of, so don't see how the TV glitch would have anything to do with the set up in my computer as it worked the second time. And with the bread I saw it go into my inventory then a minute later when I looked it had disappeared and all the utensils needed to make it was there again. It doesn't sound like the types of glitches like floating cursers etc or general problems that is fixed by some tweaks in the system.

I also run Dr Felix and ask big fish to make sure everything is OK and updated if I ever have to contact them about something and for the past 2 yrs, they have always said everything looks good and is updated etc.

Thanks for trying to help as I know tech problems is often to do with people not updating some component in their system or need to tweak some settings. As I said this game was mild as I can play past them and I did not have many! Only two big ones.

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Jun 13, 12 8:28 PM
Glad you are updated - for some reason every time I buy and open a ND game I have to update or reactivate their ActiveX. Never have figured out why - just do it anyways - LOL! Sweet Dreams!

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jun 14, 12 3:41 AM
Congrats to all new finishers!

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Jun 14, 12 10:39 AM
Congrats on finishing the game sunshinej, TideWaters, March_Hare, gingergal and Tailteann!

A huge congrats to you and you daughter Karen!
Glad to hear the floods didn't put a dampener on the special day.

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Jun 15, 12 10:42 AM
Thanks Popla27 and thanks again for organising the group play. It's been lovely meeting you all. If anyone feels like writing a review of the game, it would be much appreciated so that future players know what to expect. You've given us quite a few ideas and thoughts for our next game so thanks for all your comments - they have all been taken on board.

I'll stick around in case anyone yet to finish needs any help or has any questions about the game.

Best wishes
Karen

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Jun 17, 12 12:39 PM
Congratulations to all prior finishers and Congratulations To Me I finally finished

What a wonderful game. It takes a lot of thinking and patience but the story, the graphics and the sound makes it all worth it. A lot of work went into this game. It must have been some feat to do it because there are not a lot of names listed in the credits. The music was good but I really liked the tones near the end of the game. They were soothing and melodious. I usually turn the music off in games. I'm glad I didn't have to in this game

Hats off to you and your team Karen. This is truly an excellent Adventure game.

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Jun 17, 12 1:52 PM
Karen,

I just looked back through the thread and noticed that there was a wedding in the family. Hip, hip, hooray! Is your daughter's name Rhiannon by any chance?

Thank you for clearing up my question about the good friend. What bravery. I guess he or she's the type who looks at a situation and has to get to the bottom of it. If a friends' daughter is in danger , the danger will be removed before she gets killed. I like this person.

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Jun 17, 12 7:44 PM
Congratulations to Dialogue on finishing the game

Go to: