Re:***PC*** Post any Found: A Hidden Object Adventure Free to Play technical issues here only

[Post New]by Evelynfaye on Oct 20, 13 4:15 PM
I have had two failures. Both are with searching an area in night mode. I have done the tent about 4 times and it still will not register as done. Just had it happen with the ice palace. These are both done for the tasks that pop up on the left of the screen during play. In the case of the tent, I tried it a couple of times when I changed the mode from one mode to night mode (using diamonds) other times were done when it was already in night mode. In the case of the ice palace, I tried twice to change the mode to night mode and it would not change. I have done all updates as the come along so everything is up to date.

Re:***PC*** Post any Found: A Hidden Object Adventure Free to Play technical issues here only

[Post New]by carole081668 on Oct 21, 13 2:10 AM
I hesitated for one and half day, due to my last horrible experience with last update, then I finally decided to install the new update again, since there are some people said they they started to get daily bonus again.

Well, still no daily bonus for me. I installed last night and there was daily bonus and still nothing for today.

I use win7, 64 bits laptop

Didn't have problem with saving maybe because i was only t on level42, but I haven't had any daily bonus for 2 weeks by now.

gmwilcox
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by gmwilcox on Oct 21, 13 5:51 AM
I played the game this AM, level 38 and now it has kicked me back to level 33 with the loss of all game play in between. Deleting the game today. Thankfully I did not put one dime into it.

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Oct 21, 13 12:33 PM
G'day,

Thanks for taking the time to post and let us know that there are still some difficulties after the update.

Rest assured, this will be passed along to our team and those working with the developer for further investigation.

bfgMurrumbidgee

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Oct 21, 13 12:51 PM
Since the update I've been having a problem with energy refilling Refills fine when the game is open but if I close it then it doesn't add to it Anybody else experiencing this?

Cisdaman
Minnow
Minnow
241 Posts

[Post New]by Cisdaman on Oct 21, 13 2:57 PM
My game had reset back to the tutorial before the update came out so I had nothing to lose by trying the new update. Now, I have read what some others have said about the newest update but here is my experience so far...

I'm running Windows XP and have played 2 days now without a single reset (knock on wood) and I have quit and started back up numerous times over that 2 day period. Granted 2 days doesn't prove a whole lot, but considering that I was taken back to the tutorial every time I started up the game, this is a HUGE improvement for me.

For those of you who have lost levels, items, or everything... Were you having a problem with resetting before you updated? I'm wondering if the update was only intended to be downloaded by people having the problem.

Oh well, that's just a wild stab in the dark which is, consequently, what people will be getting from me if my game resets again!

babsnel47
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by babsnel47 on Oct 21, 13 8:36 PM
Cathy_T wrote:Can anyone tell me if there are supposed to be super-floaters on the new island? Not sure if they're just not in play yet (as they weren't originally on the first island_ or if they are MIA. Thanks!

I have Bartered / Banished 100's of floaters on the new island and I haven't seen any super-floaters, so I am the same as you, Cathy, I'm not sure if they should appear or not.

I am still not getting any daily bonus after the update, HOWEVER I must say (with crossed fingers) that my game is saving and my Super-Floaters are back on the old island --I am so pleased about this, I can now finish the timed quests that includes the super-floaters. HURRAY !!

Oh I so hope I haven't spoken too soon

[Post New]by fishinmike on Oct 22, 13 8:16 AM
I have been playing for quite some time with no issues. That was until yesterday, my game reset the new island and I lost over 100 diamonds, numerous collections, 10 levels, and everything that was done for the Halloween special. This is absolutely ridiculous! This does not happen with any other game I have ever played, only this one. Probably done with this for good, not worth the frustration.

snowgopat
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by snowgopat on Oct 22, 13 11:38 AM
A few days ago I had been racking up coins, experience, locations and various quests on the new island. All was well. Then i re-entered the game and the new island unlocked itself as if I'd never played there before. All earned coins, experience, locations and quests were gone. So I continued on and, once again, racked up coins, experience and varous quests. Then, this past weekend when I logged onto the game, the new island unlocked itself AGAIN, as if I'd never played there, and I'm back to the start.

Grrrrrr...

And, yes, I've checked for a new update. And, no...there isn't anything newer than what I've already updated.

Edited on 10/22/2013 at 12:00:46 PM PST

[Post New]by ABUDHABI on Oct 22, 13 6:09 PM
The 18 October update seems to have resolved the new island resetting problem and not saving the current level problem; that is the good news. The bad news:

The treasure chest now does not display the time countdown to open nor does it ever seem to open.

When a new level is achieved, the number increased, i.e., 79 changed to 80, however, no energy points were awarded

[Post New]by janwadsley57 on Oct 23, 13 7:57 AM
I have today lost 7 levels.. was on 62 and have now been sent back to 55. All updates were downloaded, and game has been working fine. I had opened up the whole of the new island and completed almost all the collections and lots of Halloween stuff.I play every day for hours and had built up lots of food/diamonds/coins... now its all gone!! I have emailed today and am hoping for a reply soon.....so disappointed!!!!

[Post New]by Lost20Levels on Oct 23, 13 2:56 PM
I lost some progress last week or the week before but not very much so didn't think much of it, thought maybe it was just a small glitch with my computer but this evening I've lost 20 levels, down from 67 to 47 so I've lost all my progress on the new island and down from about 960 points to 635.

I installed the Halloween update but as I usually just open it from the desktop icon I didn't even realise there was another new version available. I've installed it and I'll give it another shot but I won't waste another penny on trying to move through faster as it seems like it won't even fix the issue. So disppointed, it's a really enjoyable game when it works but between the glitches and the slow progress I'll probably just uninstall it if there are any more problems.

[Post New]by flgirl35 on Oct 24, 13 12:06 AM
Still not able to purchase diamonds/gold! Going on day 4 and no one has emailed me back from the support page. Really hope someone can help, please. I receive error cod 1399 every time! Thanks, Amy

[Post New]by oldgoat90 on Oct 24, 13 1:28 AM
My game has gone back to new user and all progress has gone.

Please help!

Also, please give an option to skip tutorial.

[Post New]by Kitte1 on Oct 24, 13 4:02 AM
My game regressed with loss of levels from 56 to 39 + loss of items and access. I've seen others post similar issues. The lack of adequate response to these issues is very discouraging.

[Post New]by west3pups on Oct 24, 13 7:10 AM
I can no longer open this game! This started yesterday after I opened the game once in the am. I came back later in the morning, tried to open the game from the game manager, the game seemed to want to launch but instead went to the "Thank you for playing" screen. I've rebooted both the game manage & my computer to no avail. I am running Windows Vista and my OS & drivers are all currently up to date. I am also playing Dark Manor & it is working fine. I hesitate to uninstall/reinstall for fear of losing my place. Any suggestions? Thanks!

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 24, 13 11:26 AM
Hello All,

I wanted to pop in to assure you that we're still working hard, investigating these issues and we'll let you know as soon as we have more information.

In the meantime, it would be really helpful if you would contact our Tech Support Team so they can take a closer look at your systems and collect data on what you're experiencing.

Thanks for your patience!

bfgDeveron

Cisdaman
Minnow
Minnow
241 Posts

[Post New]by Cisdaman on Oct 24, 13 1:43 PM
So I'm curious because I've noticed a few people mention this. After the most recent update designed to fix the "losing levels and progress problem", I've seen where some people who declare the problem fixed are also running Windows XP. I mention this because I too am running XP and the problem has been fixed for me so far (knocking on wood).

Okay, for all those who are having this problem... Are you all running Windows 7 or Windows Vista? Just curious if maybe there is a minor programming glitch somewhere. To anyone running XP and playing this game... If you have installed the latest update (10/18), are you still having a problem losing levels or items?

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Oct 24, 13 3:40 PM
I'm running Win7 (64) and had the reset. Haven't played in a couple of days. Too frustrating to have lost the few diamonds I had and loosing game progress. What's the point?

Twugly
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Twugly on Oct 25, 13 12:33 AM
I have ignored the one game reset I suffered as it actually gave me a chance to play the game totally differently knowing the quests on the new island which were likely to come up and how I could use the gathering of items to my advantage in playing the new areas but today, I have lost all burning pumpkins and mechanical hearts I had stored (I'm not positive but I think I had 3 hearts and 2 pumpkins). This I cannot forgive as I'd used many, many items to gather these.

Is this something anybody else has experienced - I know I didn't use them!

Go to: