luvmigame
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by luvmigame on Mar 6, 14 11:55 AM
Yep, me too. My game can't stay connected.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 6, 14 12:43 PM
Can't get into my 2nd game at all...."unable to connect to server". I was able to play my 3rd game with constant connection issues in every HOS. At times the screen would freeze momentarily as well. However, I'm not having any problems with my internet connection so obviously it is a problem with the game. Didn't we have to deal with this same problem before???? It seems they won't be satisfied until they completely trash this game all together.

edited to include:

Now I can't get into either of my games. Getting the message "unable to connect to server" message on both. A big thank you to BFG for so effectively fixing the problem.

Edited on 03/06/2014 at 12:52:45 PM PST

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Mar 6, 14 12:51 PM
Hey All,

Just to let you know, we have been informed that there may be some connection issues (such as the ones you have been experiencing) over the next few hours while the developers run tests to fix the game. This should only be temporary and the game should be back up and running shortly.

Thanks for your patience.

bfgWendwater

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 6, 14 12:55 PM
There "may be some connection issues"???? How about trying "THERE DEFINITELY WILL BE SOME CONNECTION ISSUES"!!!!!

[Post New]by Anakerie on Mar 6, 14 1:07 PM
Hi!

Played the game this morning with no issue but now I try to come on and a get a error within the game saying that the game is unable to connect to the server. I have connectivity on my end but it won't work. I reinstalled the game to see if that would help but no dice. Just wondering what's going on, I LOVE the game. Withdrawal.......help..........please LOL

Thanks!

wvdeedee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by wvdeedee on Mar 6, 14 1:39 PM
Still "unable to connect to server".

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Mar 6, 14 1:42 PM
bfgWendwater wrote:Hey All,

Just to let you know, we have been informed that there may be some connection issues (such as the ones you have been experiencing) over the next few hours while the developers run tests to fix the game. This should only be temporary and the game should be back up and running shortly.

Thanks for your patience.

bfgWendwater

Thank you bfgWendwater for this answer. I think this is the only answer concerning this game from BFG and Elephant Games that has given an actual reason for a problem and a projected time frame for its resolution.

emsy1848
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by emsy1848 on Mar 6, 14 1:47 PM
Hi!

The game started to play up yesterday - showed a black screen on loading and then when it did show the game screen the quest icons had vanished. I uninstalled and reinstalled but it is now saying that I have no connection to the server.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sorry - just saw latest posts!

Edited on 03/06/2014 at 1:48:00 PM PST

[Post New]by llaurelwreath on Mar 6, 14 2:24 PM
It's almost 5:30EST and the server is still not connected. Are all of the other free to play games connected to the same server?

wvdeedee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by wvdeedee on Mar 6, 14 3:44 PM
6:43 EST and the server is able to connect. YAY!!!

[Post New]by southernmo22 on Mar 6, 14 5:03 PM
I am on EST time also but no "connection" activity. Have uninstalled & reinstalled but still nothing. I'm having withdrawal too!! HELP!

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Mar 6, 14 9:31 PM
I think the games are on different servers. I couldn't get into Castle this morning my time but I could get into AK & from there to the forums.
Bondi Girl

Was able to get back in with no problems after midday my time now 04:30 pm 07/03
Down Under.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 7, 14 4:57 AM
Happy to report that, once again, I am getting "unable to connect to server" on both of my games this morning. In addition, I would appreciate a refund of the 800 coins that are lost due to these connectivity issues.....I was playing at the gaming table when I got the error message. Don't really understand what the problem is....they have experience dealing with this issue so wondering why it continues to occur.

kahlan11
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
466 Posts

[Post New]by kahlan11 on Mar 7, 14 9:40 AM
Went to try the game again and CAN'T GET ON. Big Fish logo comes on then NOTHING. Keeps saying same old...... I really hope a fix is actually coming. I have missed playing the game.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Mar 7, 14 2:36 PM
Hi All,

I'm sorry to see that some of you are still seeing connection issues with the game and I want thank all of you for posting about it and letting us know. We are tracking the problem now and we're hoping to have everyone back on shortly.

Thank you for your patience through this process and I'll be sure to notify you all in the forums as soon as we have more information.

bfgWendwater

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Mar 7, 14 2:47 PM
Great News for those of you experiencing issues with the game!

We have just been informed about a planned update on March 10, 2014 that will address these problems. The Midnight Castle servers will be down for about 5 hours while the update is implemented.

For more information about this, please click the blue link below:

Important || Update planned for March 10, 2014

bfgWendwater

Edited on 03/07/2014 at 2:47:50 PM PST

diamondgirlva
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by diamondgirlva on Mar 8, 14 9:57 AM
Holding my breath this means I will not get the .exe message any more and can continue on my quest!

kahlan11
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
466 Posts

[Post New]by kahlan11 on Mar 8, 14 10:26 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you.....can't wait for update and looking forward to playing again after March 10th. Hope it will be good to go!

Parell
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Parell on Mar 8, 14 12:20 PM
Hi, playing on windows 8.1

For the last few days all my friends (with the exception of John) are marked as though I've already given to them (even listing an item I've given). This despite it telling me I can still give 5 gifts each day (and so I can give one gift to John, but completely unable to gift anybody else). Everything else in the game working fine. I'm a reliable giver to people, and it's annoying not being able to help anyone!

Any ideas? Thanks!

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Mar 9, 14 1:20 AM
MY GIFTS ARE NOT GETTING TO THE PEOPLE I AM SENDING THEM TO. THE NUMBER OF GIFTS GOES DOWN IT LEAVES MY INVENTORY. I DO NOT GET A POSTCARD. AND THE INDTENDED PERSON DOES NOT MOVE TO THE GIFTED SECTION AT THE END OF LINE AND I HAVE ASKED THE PERSON THE GIFT WAS INTENDED FOR IF THEY GOT IT. THE ANSWER IS ALWAYS NO!!! ITS BAD ENOUGHT WE CAN ONLY SEND 5 A DAY BUT WHEN YOU CAN'T EVEN GIFT THE 5 IT IS VERY FRUSTRATING.

Go to: