Suggestions for the developers

deeziner
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
478 Posts

Re:Suggestions for the developers

[Post New]by deeziner on Jan 23, 16 9:50 AM
It would be very naive to believe that the 1/20/2016 update will be rolled back.

But with the obvious loudly stated feedback leaning more against the changes rather than supportive, maybe the Devs would consider tweeking the drop rate ratio of coin/shards to beloved and necessary inventory items.

Seems to be a 1/3 droprate for items...maybe tweeking settings into the 1/2 or 2/3 ratio could allow game progression and we could still gift to friends.

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Jan 23, 16 10:10 AM
charlieisr wrote:I HAVE A SUGGESTION FOR THE DEVS BUT IT DOES NOT COMPLY WITH THE RULES HERE.

SO I WILL JUST SAY I HATE THIS UPDATE IS A LAUGH IT STINKS TO HIGH HEAVEN.

NUF SAID. STILL TO TICKED OFF TO THINK STRAIGHT.

OUR FREEDOM IS DEMINISHED BY THIS UPDATE.....the HOS ITEM DROP RATE......I WANT MY FREEDOM BACK TOO>>>>> **D**

Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
567 Posts

[Post New]by Bedazzles on Jan 23, 16 10:27 AM
deeziner wrote:It would be very naive to believe that the 1/20/2016 update will be rolled back.

But with the obvious loudly stated feedback leaning more against the changes rather than supportive, maybe the Devs would consider tweeking the drop rate ratio of coin/shards to beloved and necessary inventory items.

Seems to be a 1/3 droprate for items...maybe tweeking settings into the 1/2 or 2/3 ratio could allow game progression and we could still gift to friends.

I dont think it is completely naive to think they will roll it back...this has cause at least, if not more outrage than the Original Bow Figurine...and our voices got that fiasco fixed!!!

Players that are maxed out mostly do not need the coins...we were more likely to turn our excess inventory into shards so we could do Trina or work on our room...that option is gone...at least if we did an entire round we could look at our inventory and think ok...what is needed for DQ, Trina, gifts, etc...then we could shard the rest or just leave it sit there...now with more than 50% drop rate in my game being 15 lousy coins whats the point in even playing, let alone the need to ever spend another nickle on this game...I personally feel that this update will backfire in their faces and they will get less purchases...I will just stop doing DQ and Trina or anything that uses my inventory and save it for new content releases!

They add these additional features then make it darn near impossible to even enjoy them!! We complained about the "find button" not working for DQ...they never changed that...so the only way we could do them was to BUILD inventory...now they take away the ability to BUILD inventory?!?! There are enough of us players that are not going to buy what they are selling!!! That forces them to re-think their strategy.

They should bring back the drop from completing a HOS to what it was before the 1/20 update and put what little power we had in the game over our inventory back into our hands!!!

apollogold
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by apollogold on Jan 23, 16 11:10 AM
Because this new up-date (1/20/16) has caused such an uproar, I (and others) have come up with a few suggestions that perhaps may satisfy everyone... you will notice, I said may satisfy , as not everyone will agree, but we are all entitled to our opinions (so, please... don't jump down my throat). That being said, here are my suggestions for the DEVS....

1) Replace the HOS items back to where when we play an HOS, we are guaranteed to receive an HOS Item.
2) Place the 15 coins and shards in the flower drop. In other words, up the ante from 10 to 15 coins. That way, we still have 15 coins and the ability to acquire shards from picking the morphing flowers.
3)Tie the Gnome Quests/Blue Character Quests into the HOS's so that we can acquire the item needed to complete the quest.

I am hoping that this would satisfy everyone, those that like the extra coins and shards and those of us who would prefer an HOS Item. Thank you.

Apollo / Shadow in the castle

Acetoyou
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Acetoyou on Jan 23, 16 12:27 PM
After playing the update for a few days I can now see how these changes will effect the way I play Magic Castle. I am new to level 68-69. I spent a huge portion of my inventory to get to this level so I have no cache stored away. (This explanation is only to give perspective to my opinion of the update.)

Within a short period of time I had exhausted the constantly requested items. I was unable to replenish those items by playing the hidden object scenes. I was then forced to play "hand to mouth" (as described by some players). I found that this took the energy out of the game -- generally a feeling of repeated disappointment. Even the possibility of new territory did not give me the inspiration to play more quests.

I think what the developers should want for the game is to have enthusiastic players. And, I think the developers know how to do that. During the Winter Event (even with glitches) players really enjoyed the gifting tree, new room, pets and achievements. The only thing lacking in my opinion was content. The creative director should know that if it isn't broken don't fix it. Instead, s/he should be finding new extravagant ways to enhance the game.

From what I hear from long time players is that there really isn't anything to spend coins on after achieving the maximum level. There should be more fun things to do in the surrounding lands -- why one wheel of fortune, one dice game, one slot machine? We could have new and different games within the game. Why not open a dozen rooms with wild and crazy furniture that better fits our various avatars? Why not hold a contest for what we want for our familiar pets? Perhaps even allow the pets to do more than being fed and producing chests -- at a higher cost, of course.

Personally, I was already bored with playing round after round of HOS before I got to level 69. New content is what holds us in the game. I realize that new content is expensive and time consuming, so finding a way to keep the game fresh and alive is the task, Make us feel rich, fun, surprised, excited and able to give to the friends who have helped us along the way. If you do, I think you will be very successful developers.

All the best,
Ace

luciousrocks
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by luciousrocks on Jan 29, 16 5:33 PM
I agree with others, the hos take to long to return and you cannot get the items needed with the quests. This has a negative aspect to the game and is very discouraging to everyone. I hope the devs will reconsider and change the timing and quest items. Thanks

Edited on 01/29/2016 at 5:35:19 PM PST

[Post New]by pattie1092 on Feb 3, 16 1:54 PM
Thank you Apollogold. I think this is a very good option. I hope the developers will listen.
apollogold wrote:Because this new up-date (1/20/16) has caused such an uproar, I (and others) have come up with a few suggestions that perhaps may satisfy everyone... you will notice, I said may satisfy , as not everyone will agree, but we are all entitled to our opinions (so, please... don't jump down my throat). That being said, here are my suggestions for the DEVS....

1) Replace the HOS items back to where when we play an HOS, we are guaranteed to receive an HOS Item.
2) Place the 15 coins and shards in the flower drop. In other words, up the ante from 10 to 15 coins. That way, we still have 15 coins and the ability to acquire shards from picking the morphing flowers.
3)Tie the Gnome Quests/Blue Character Quests into the HOS's so that we can acquire the item needed to complete the quest.

I am hoping that this would satisfy everyone, those that like the extra coins and shards and those of us who would prefer an HOS Item. Thank you.

Edited on 02/03/2016 at 1:57:30 PM PST

Patm49
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Patm49 on Feb 3, 16 3:02 PM
I agree with you Apollo 100%. Use the morphing flowers for getting more coins, shards, stamps and diamonds and give us back the inventory items from the HOS. That makes perfect sense to me......everyone wins and everyone is happy.

apollogold wrote:Because this new up-date (1/20/16) has caused such an uproar, I (and others) have come up with a few suggestions that perhaps may satisfy everyone... you will notice, I said may satisfy , as not everyone will agree, but we are all entitled to our opinions (so, please... don't jump down my throat). That being said, here are my suggestions for the DEVS....

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Feb 3, 16 3:31 PM
Let us buy the shards for coins.....at 1 shard for 10 coins..... cheers **D@NgeR**

Diane8722
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Diane8722 on Feb 7, 16 9:55 AM
Trina's quests:
I have noticed that in the PC realm, you can back out of Trina's quest (red x upper right-hand corner). Can you please add that the the Android game too! I have to exit the game to get out of accepting her quest (yellow exclamation point in both upper corners).

I have been playing a much lower level game on the PC because I currently have the option to decline the last update, so I am observing differences.

Thanks for fixing the bubble issues!
edited to change to Trina (oops)

Edited on 02/07/2016 at 11:30:32 AM PST

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Feb 7, 16 11:12 AM
Diane8722 wrote:Annabel's quests:
I have noticed that in the PC realm, you can back out of Annabel's quest (red x upper right-hand corner). Can you please add that the the Android game too! I have to exit the game to get out of accepting her quest (yellow exclamation point in both upper corners)

Ditto for iOS! Except I think you mean Trina's quests.

oldgirl10
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by oldgirl10 on Feb 7, 16 11:35 AM
They could fix the Laboratory wheel so you could get HOS items from it

[Post New]by vikiBookWorm88 on Feb 10, 16 6:26 PM
All I really want is a complete recall of the last update. Car companies have recalls, computer companies have recalls - why can't the Devs recall this update?? And if they can't (or won't) do that then maybe Apollo's suggestions would be a better fit - they certainly sound good to me.

Maybe in April ...

Other suggestions:

1. How about a shop where we can buy those items we need multiples of? Or were we could buy pets rather than make them? And instead of diamonds or coins we used our credit cards instead? That would fill the devs' pockets and hopefully get us some new content! (Someone else mentioned a shop...no idea who...sorry!)

2. Or maybe an auction for pets? Pets seem to be highly popular, why not let us compete to get them? And maybe the next pet can be the Big Fish logo!!

3. Regular content updates every 3 or 4 months. Surely that's enough time to draw/write/code new levels. Who cares if some players are done with the new levels in a few hours? How slow or fast we play MC shouldn't matter and new content will make devs quite a few loyal (and generous) customers.

4. And how about some beta testers who are real players of the game? Maybe have a drawing every so often to choose beta testers for an update and then the next update draw new beta testers. Or maybe just have the first 20 winners in the tournaments be the beta testers.

5. Avatars that could be designed to look like whoever we want to look like. Maybe we could choose hair and eye color or have clothing choices that show when we're happy, sad, mad or whatever.

6. I know this might seem counter productive from a business viewpoint...but why not lower the price of diamonds and coins? If the price is low enough and a player's frustration high enough, they may end up buying coins and diamonds. Low prices means a good deal for the players and when those diamonds run out they'll come back to buy more. And more and more. As the prices are now many players would rather wait for the HOS or whatever to reset.

Okay that's all I can think of for now...

Viki

cartma
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by cartma on Feb 10, 16 8:26 PM
As i roam in and around the castle searching for another 'Banner of Loyalty', 'Mask of Virtue', 'Murder's Eye' and so on....only to find another 'Vampire Palm', 'Harpy Feather' and so on.

So Dev's we have the ability to sell or disenchant our inventory so why not an exchange. I would like to exchange one of my 50+ 'Vampire Palms' for an 'Immortal Treasure'

Some visuals in our out of HOS would also be nice....i would like to see some birds flying or perched somewhere....a dog or cat lurking the grounds or just anything animal related.

kokiecat2
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by kokiecat2 on Feb 10, 16 9:13 PM
Or -if they insist on keeping the shards and coins in HOS-increase the values considerably!!!!!!!

sandy510
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by sandy510 on Feb 11, 16 4:22 AM
My wish is extra gold keys [u]given in flower drop airship and wheel

[Post New]by bagladyakus on Feb 11, 16 9:53 AM
I have been playing on Kindle Fire for several years now and have been at the top level of the game for 4 months. I estimate that since the early December update, I've had only about 2-3 days of playing to increase my level because with each update, I top out again in a day or so. At first I played to increase coins and inventory and while it was repetitious, at least I felt I was getting somewhere. Since the 1/20/16 update, I no longer have that feeling.

Along with many others, especially those players at top levels, I have complained. The only result I've seen it that it appears that 7-10 days ago, some things changed, and not for the better. These things include:
- exclusive food no longer drops from HOSs
- the social side of the game seems to bring me to the dreaded "please wait" area that never goes away and requires me to log out of the game. This happens when I try to receive gifts, give gifts and even go to my private room
- the drop rate for items from HOSs has decreased to about 20% - all I get other times is the 15 coins or a shard. This happens even when I use the FIND key to go to the HOS. And yes, I've kept track of this for a week with over 100 HOSs completed. It's hardly worth doing HOSs anymore.

Additionally, there are other things I would love to suggest changes for.
- Give us something to do with the golden keys from Trina's quests. I've stopped doing this quests completely because they're not worth it.
- the "blue key" quests are also worthless, again because all I get is shards and 15 coins from the HOSs
- the Alchemist daily quests are also repetitive and sometimes ridiculous. Who cares about feeding "goo"??
- Requirements for some achievements are way too high - 50,000 shards for a 2nd level Magic Miser achievement?? Come on....

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. It probably won't do any good with the Devs but it makes me feel better.

GrandmaTyra
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by GrandmaTyra on Feb 13, 16 10:47 AM
After we have purchased the 4 new pets at the price of 50 blue keys each, you need to come up with something to do with those keys since I have no intention of ever putting out the "reward" of 50 keys again for 5 pieces of special pet food. Not much compensation for 50 hos's.
You Dev's have created a beautiful and fun game. You did it with wonderful humor that added so much to the game. Please fix this last update and return the game to the greatness you began.

Edited on 02/13/2016 at 11:28:43 AM PST

[Post New]by WelshWitch1981 on Feb 17, 16 1:54 PM
OK, I'm a total newbie, and never even got a chance to sniff the 'good old days' before this update. And although I read the forums a lot, I rarely post my humble 2 cents.

I'm only level 12, been playing obsessively (well, according to the OH anyway...) for 4 or 5 days. Therefore my suggestions will probably be irrelevant for a good many of longer term players, but these are just my impressions as an MC baby

1) Does anyone ever win the better items while crafting? It may be related to level, but I know something other than a plain stamp, gold, or useless (to me anyway) level of pet food would be a great boost to keep me interested - even or maybe especially if they are items we can only use in the future.

2) How about an option to exchange useless pet food for a type we can actually use?? For example I have 34 unique pet food and 39 rare already, yet NO simple for my snow griffin, and I've only fed him a few times! Given that so far he only brings me wooden chests, I'd love an exchange option in game, as I realise any increased drop rate of simple food would be very frustrating for players with more advanced pets.

3) Will there ever be any use for the pink 'gift for friends' boxes?? If it's not a current priority in updates, then how about an option to sell or shard them? Or replace them in drops with something we can use. Heck, even give them to Trina!

4) If you cannot, or will not, roll back the latest update, how about reducing the HOS recharge times? As level 12 I only have a few scenes open to me, most of which are now on 1 hour recharge times. Waiting for them to recharge only to 'gain' 15 coins or shards multiple times seems extremely pointless, especially given that I could sell unwanted inventory items for a higher amount.

5) Or maybe open up HOS scenes earlier, or in a different way, so that we have something to keep us occupied while waiting for other HOS's to recharge? This would probably suit us obsessive game players more than most, but personally (yes, I'm weird...) I prefer to play a game straight through for a few hours, rather than log in and out multiple times a day. Obviously this form of game play is impossible for many, but by keeping us ALL busy and active, you'd get more player time and player time usually = player money!

tbc.... sorry for the essay!!

[Post New]by WelshWitch1981 on Feb 17, 16 2:26 PM
I am so sorry - this is way longer than I intended I promise I'm nearly finished.... besides, it's time for me to go on my rounds again....

6) LOVING the morphing flowers, and I've been very lucky with the occasional diamond drop so far. Maybe add other things, pet food, once in 500 or 1000 a random HOS drop maybe... perhaps change or increase the available achievements??

7) Totally agree with previous posters, making an HOS object available for more than one HOS would be extremely helpful, even if only for the rarer ones. Meanwhile, making sure the find path works for all quests, including DQ, would be a BIG help considering the current reload times.

8) I'd like to state right now that I totally realise this is a slow progress game, and I'm very thankful for that!! Personal playing style is to storm through first few levels, maybe using real currency (not that I can afford it), get bored, and quit. MC has the potential to keep me, as it clearly has many others too, in thrall for many levels to come... but devs please beware of slowing us down to the stopping point... I am as yet still addicted but frustration will win out for a lot of long term and maybe long term paying players....

9) OK, final point, I promise!! And actually a major point in itself. I am clearly new, and have only a few friends, most of which are on higher levels. They have been AMAZINGLY generous to me, and, while I'd love the ability to thank them personally by message in game, I'd rather be able to gift them back!! Yet even basic level gifts are mostly beyond me due to having to myself use any items I manage to get from HOS and zz etc! Not to mention the restriction of 5 per day on gifting!! It's not that I want to advance instantly, more that I have seen how wonderful this community is in helping each other out, and it would be a very sad day if newbies were not longer able to reciprocate the help of older members.... why should they even bother??

As I said previously, I'm a newbie - please don't flame me too hard!! It's just that I saw many higher level players commenting on this thread, and despite my forum-phobia I felt moved to give the infant version... xx

Go to: