Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

Re:Drawn: The Painted Tower technical issues

[Post New]by Meritre on Jun 7, 11 1:28 PM
I bought both games based on the strength of how much I liked Drawn in the first little bit. I still like, but it's INCREDIBLY frustrating when most of it works fine, but sometimes it just glitches up and either I have to aim the mouse properly to get it to become the arrow to move a direction out of a scene, or sometimes that movement arrow doesn't appear at all. I've played it further through before, but re-started, and after accidentally exiting the witch doctor picture a few times cannot make the exit arrow appear anymore. This is a stupid reason to get stuck. I've exited and restarted a few times. Is this something I can fix, if not is there a way for you to fix this?

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jun 7, 11 4:55 PM
I managed to get part the spot I was stuck at, but only by starting a new game under a new profile. It still gets picky sometimes with my aiming for a little specific spot to get the right type of arrow.

Tech issue: paint block problem

[Post New]by Alienmom on Jul 3, 11 8:29 AM
I have placed the blue and yellow paint blocks and mixed the blue, yellow & green paint & added paints to pallet. Problem is now I'm going to try and place the red paint block that's stuck in my inventory and it won't let me place the red block on the table or in the mortar to mix my orange and purple paints? Why? When I try to SKIP the puzzle it says missing items! Lol. I am really stuck! I've tried mixing my yellow and "adding" the red as a block. I've tried putting a block into the mortar and then placing the red... Ugh! Please have a solution, I don't wanna start over!

Maybe it's a glitch and I should have placed all three colors right off, before I started mixing paints.

I looked at the walkthrough pics and you plainly see all 3 paint blocks sitting on that darn table!

[Post New]by katehfx624 on Jul 25, 11 8:52 AM
I've got a brand new laptop which has pretty awesome graphics power, running Windows 7 64-bit. I can't even get past the opening menu. As soon as I choose "play", the loading gets to 100% and sends me back to the menu again. Have tried XP compatability mode, changing all available options etc, nothing will let me go any further. Anyone have any other ideas?

[Post New]by Lemonboy on Jul 27, 11 6:01 PM
I have the same issue as the member above. Playing on a brand new laptop with more than sufficient spec, reinstalled a load of programs such as flash, tried xp compatible mode. Most of the time it loads 100% then just sends me right back to the start menu. On a few rare occasions it will play the intro before presenting me with a screen comprising 3 large greyish boxes. I have still got a cursor which changes into puzzle piece, magnifying lens ect but I can't see what is making tge cursor change, just these unmoving grey boxes.

Gropitou
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Gropitou on Aug 6, 11 8:45 PM
Just got the game today, finish Farm painting, go up to 2nd floor then come back down and go back into Farm... game freezes.

C'mon BigFish, no reason a game that's been out this long, with such a large quantity of bug posts should not be fixed.

Not your finest moment.

[Post New]by Wewayiyu on Sep 7, 11 11:24 AM
Ahh help. I am playing this game on the iPad and reached the chalk drawing clouds part. There seems to be a bug where I cannot select and hold down the chalk in order to draw the clouds. Every time I select it it says, my fingers are covered in chalk now.

I've watched the you tube walk through and it looks like you are meant to be able to select the chalk and drag it to the start point of clouds. But this does not work for me. Is this an iPad oddity, what can I do to fix???

[Post New]by shodan on Sep 8, 11 1:14 PM
In the forest cave the torch will not stay in the wall bracket but returns to the Itinerary bar, hence the cave will not light up and I cannot proceed further. Help please.

[Post New]by midnightwolf545 on Sep 11, 11 8:09 AM
I'm almost done with the game but once I get to the Rooftop the screen turns black and stops working. I've tried restarting the game but it keeps doing the same thing. Please help I'd really like to see the ending since I paid for this game.

[Post New]by midnightwolf545 on Oct 2, 11 12:59 PM
Does anyone look at these forums anymore? I've waited almost a month and no reply. Really annoying that my game is stuck on a black page right before the end.

[Post New]by mungolina99 on Oct 12, 11 9:59 AM
Hi, I have been playing quite happily with no problems; I am in the Witch Doctor picture; I have placed the heads on their stands; I have the magic baton. I know I need to go back out and get the items from the masks on the wall outside the picture. Here's the problem: I can't get out of the picture. The inventory band will not disappear, no arrow allowing me to exit will appear.

Which I notice is the same issue as Meritre. I do not consider that having to start a new game is an adequate solution. If that is the only thing I can do, then I will definitely ask for a credit!

Help? Thanks!

Edited on 10/12/2011 at 10:03:41 AM PST

[Post New]by mungolina99 on Oct 12, 11 12:31 PM
In answer to myself , I started a new game and made sure I had all the necessary objects before going in to the picture, so I'm fine (stuck on the flower now but that's another story!)

I still think that the navigation issues should be fixed.

[Post New]by Sue55_dog on Nov 16, 11 1:19 AM
Hi, I have reached the giants and have out the missing tile on the wall nest to the picture, I've sorted all the tiles to flashes of lighting as per picture in the walk through but the tile 1 up bottom left is not matching exactly so the lightning is not opening the picture any ideas please, been at this bit for ages now, game has been download onto my laptop cheers

[Post New]by candi25557 on Nov 29, 11 8:24 PM
DEBSPIGZ wrote: Why is it that you constantly assume that the fault of the problems with a game come from the player or the players system? Some of your games just don't work right and should be checked out.

I totally agree that they assume it is my system. They had me update my video driver with a video booster and the game played for a little while longer but has once again shut down. I have purchased over 20 games including this one and was told noone else was having an issue with this game which was obviously not true.

Edited on 11/29/2011 at 8:26:23 PM PST

[Post New]by candi25557 on Nov 29, 11 8:32 PM
midnightwolf545 wrote:Does anyone look at these forums anymore? I've waited almost a month and no reply. Really annoying that my game is stuck on a black page right before the end.

Seems alot of us are having trouble there. I already contacted and discussed an earlier issue with this game. I am really disappointed in this game. no clue how to fix this one

[Post New]by larnik on Dec 2, 11 1:14 PM
i also can get to top of tower when game skips and freaks and will go no further need help

[Post New]by jthomson36 on Dec 2, 11 3:47 PM
Well I just purchased the game and started it up and I can't get the game to go past the the intro screen. the screen is just blank after the intro. I exited out of the game and went back into it and changed profile names and it still only goes through the intro and then stops.

birdie5
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by birdie5 on Dec 26, 11 2:05 PM
I am having the same problem with my new laptop. Plays fine on the older laptop and both are Win7 64-bit so I don't know what the problem is.

[Post New]by davros989 on Jan 6, 12 2:57 AM
This game on the iPad has the built in achievements feature with game centre, sadly despite earning them in game, not a single one has registered with game centre... This seems to be a common theme for big fish games, any fix known? Am connected to Internet and game centre at all times. Have contacted customer support but they rarely reply and when then do it is always a generic response that never helps.

[Post New]by Skibbles297 on Jan 11, 12 9:11 PM
jthomson36 wrote:Well I just purchased the game and started it up and I can't get the game to go past the the intro screen. the screen is just blank after the intro. I exited out of the game and went back into it and changed profile names and it still only goes through the intro and then stops.

I'm having the exact same problem. I get three boxes and I can see the sparkles from whatever I have to click on but I can't actually see anything except for the sparkles.

Go to: