bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Toy Factory

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 14, 15 12:29 AM
Everyone's favorite holiday is just around the corner, but unless Santa's workers can meet their quota, the children of the world won't have any presents to open on Christmas!

Fortunately, a budding entrepreneur named Wilma has the skills needed to keep hope alive. Guide her as she goes from running a small, family-owned shop to operating the very mega-plant owned by St. Nick himself, just by doing what she does best: making the customers happy!

Whether a patron wants a plushy pup or an adorable doll, you've got to move fast and keep ahead of the game. Earn big tips by completing orders fast and serving the elves plenty of food and drinks. You can even hire a famous rock band to perform at your café! Can you earn enough money by the end of each day to earn the Expert Status?

With dozens of thrilling levels, rockin' music, and eye-popping visuals, Toy Factory is the perfect pick-up-and-play game for any time of year!

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

Re:Toy Factory

[Post New]by gamblebug on Jan 14, 15 4:51 AM
What is with the Christmas games after Christmas.Holiday games to me are for playing during the month of that holiday.For those that it doesn't bother enjoy ,but it's not for me now.

bookwriter
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bookwriter on Jan 14, 15 8:09 AM
It doesn't bother me when games are out of season. Actually, you could just look at this as a toy making game as there is no Christmas music or decorations. I thought the characters were cute. The thought behind the game is good, but there were a few things I didn't like. I want to know how much time I have left when building something. There was no dial or meter, nothing to let me know how long I had, and I didn't know which toy was being made. Also, sometimes I would queue up a few toys, it would seem like it was going to do it because it showed a "2" or "3" (steps in the process) but then when the first toy came out it would stop and not do the others. I also wish I could have carried two toys like you can the food and drink. The absolutely worst thing for me, though, was the music. I hate techno type and this was irritating, irritating, irritating. I always play games with the music so it was difficult to turn it off to play. I also wasn't sure what the goat-like sound was, again, irritatingly odd. I did, however, like the other noises everything made as it was being delivered, made, etc. Upgrades were very helpful and easy to obtain, at least in the demo portion. As far as a buy???? I'm not so sure. I'll have to think about it, maybe read some more posts to see other feedback.

Thought about it, decided to go ahead and get it as I really did have fun playing it. The main reason it is a purchase for me is that I want to encourage the developers and BF as well, that "fun" TM games are sellers.

Edited on 01/14/2015 at 2:00:59 PM PST

Csgentry
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Csgentry on Jan 14, 15 1:06 PM
This game is a little different, but I liked it and I bought it.

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Jan 14, 15 2:01 PM
It's different but just ok. You better have your eyeglasses on for this, though. The graphics are very tiny and it's hard to see what the customers want. Played the trial but won't buy it only because I found the graphics hard to see.

[Post New]by Leanie1313 on Jan 14, 15 7:24 PM
I had trouble in the demo when it looked like the bikers wanted something I could not figure out how to make. Looked like a kid with a knit hat on???? With that big message by the recycle bin, I couldn't see if anything was behind it. Help please. How do you get rid of that big message in the lower left corner? I tried clicking on it.

Edited on 01/14/2015 at 7:26:37 PM PST

[Post New]by ferretangel on Jan 15, 15 10:58 AM
I'd like to know how to get 3 stars on a level? I get expert and it still only gives me 3 stars. replaying a level doesn't change anything. Is it possible to bump your stars. Enjoying the game...actually a bit addicting. But, the music and the grunts suck. Not sure I should have bought this game.

mooskilady
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by mooskilady on Jan 15, 15 6:37 PM
The music is hideous and it does seem once you move on you cannot up your stars on a level by replaying it. I don't like that but I guess that just means I'll have to play it again, low volume..., once I get thru it all. It is addictive.

[Post New]by EPF4CATSBK on Jan 16, 15 9:56 PM
I suspect the Stars are not given in the same way other TM games are. Most TMs give 3 stars for getting Expert Money but in this case I suspect the stars are as follows

1 for Making Goal
1 for Not losing any Bikers at all
1 for Making Expert Money

So even when you see the word Expert when finishing a level you only get 2 stars if even 1 biker got angry and turned red as is the case on level 1-12

There seems to be 1 Biker on that level who asks for 3 musical instruments and even when you complete his entire order his level turns red anyway and you only get 2 stars for that level. This seems to be the only biker in the entire game that does this so if you can get past this, it's still a great game. All other bikers gain a little on the meter when you fill an item on his order this one loses green on his meter when you fill an item making it impossible to keep him happy in my opinion.

goeash
Koi
Koi
83,226 Posts

[Post New]by goeash on Jan 18, 15 12:15 PM
I contemplated buying this game, but deleted it when I couldn't buy any updates, despite having enough money.

Go to: