bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Toy Factory here!

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Jan 14, 15 5:49 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Toy Factory here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Toy Factory.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgLianorm

Edited on 01/14/2015 at 5:52:28 AM PST

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Toy Factory here!

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Jan 14, 15 6:46 PM
Unfortunately the tutorial is so bad that it's hard to figure out how to start the game. That being said this is quite a cute game that I'm enjoying. Once you drag the bikers/bikes that scroll into the bottom of the screen into a vacant parking space the elves will get off the bikes and you put them at the tables to serve them goodies. Also the bikers will order toys for you to make and deliver to them. Once all the toys are delivered to the bikers the elves will get back in the bike and leave.

I am actually enjoying this game. It's very different yet challenging. It took me awhile to figure out that first part but once I did it was pretty smooth sailing.

It's too bad that the directions are so poor at the beginning. This was a buy for me.

[Post New]by Blooming_Lilac on Jan 15, 15 2:46 AM
I think this might be a fun game, but the music and sounds are so annoying. I probably won't be buying it because of that, and it's too hard to see the toys and drink orders.

kim0530
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by kim0530 on Jan 15, 15 10:49 AM
Please don't take this the wrong way, but whoever picked that music must had too many beers that night. Music in very important so important that it can make or break a game and in this situation it really broke the game. Not only was it annoying but gave me a headache. As for the reindeers, I can understand if they wore biker jackets but they were dress like in the movie Men In Black. The tutorial was not the greatest either. I understand what the process is all and it can be a great game but honestly the music just really turned me off in a big way. Sorry, but it's not a buy.

mooskilady
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by mooskilady on Jan 15, 15 6:41 PM
Fun game, addictive play, awful music. It is challenging though. You can go back and replay levels but once you move on you cannot increase the stars you had once you continued past a level - definite thumbs down. Turn the volume down and enjoy the game play though - it is enjoyable.

[Post New]by EPF4CATSBK on Jan 16, 15 9:55 PM
I suspect the Stars are not given in the same way other TM games are. Most TMs give 3 stars for getting Expert Money but in this case I suspect the stars are as follows

1 for Making Goal
1 for Not losing any Bikers at all
1 for Making Expert Money

So even when you see the word Expert when finishing a level you only get 2 stars if even 1 biker got angry and turned red as is the case on level 1-12

There seems to be 1 Biker on that level who asks for 3 musical instruments and even when you complete his entire order his level turns red anyway and you only get 2 stars for that level. This seems to be the only biker in the entire game that does this so if you can get past this, it's still a great game. All other bikers gain a little on the meter when you fill an item on his order this one loses green on his meter when you fill an item making it impossible to keep him happy in my opinion.

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Jan 17, 15 5:33 AM
The game does take a while to get going, and the tutorial at the beginning is strange and unhelpful.
The graphics are several years out of date, and unless you click exactly on the object, the toy keeper gets v confused. I muted the music, and the sound effects are very odd.

All the toys do get "made" very slowly, even when you get the upgrade, which takes several levels to get to, even if you get "expert". I also found it frustrating that you can only carry one toy at a time (so far), but you can carry more than one food item.

Strange game, but I played the entire free hour, and enjoyed it. It makes a change from the same old HOG day after day, or the same old card games.....I won't buy it, but I may use a "free" token, or if there is an offer on.........possibly.

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Jan 21, 15 2:22 PM
I like TM games (except the Emily ones and those similar to them - the rushing around ones), and this is cute, but I'm getting frustrated at how hard it is to get the goals even on the Easy setting. I think Easy ought to be, you know, easy. Or at least possible. The tutorial, as others have mentioned, is hard to understand and not very helpful. There is very little explanation - and no guidance - on choosing the upgrades as they become available. I only discovered I could carry 2 food items by accident, since that little feature isn't mentioned. And I'm another who is frustrated that there's no way to carry 2 toys at once, or better yet have the instant delivery via right click method. I also find it frustrating that the drink machine only makes one of each kind at a time, especially on the levels where you have several tables of elves that all order the same one - purple for the old elves, or green for the ladies (and why is the green one so much slower to refill?).

On the whole, this is a game I will periodically work on until I finish it, and then will probably never play again.

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Jan 24, 15 9:48 PM
Playable without the hideous [to my ears] music turned off, the weird sound effects turned to a low level and while wearing my 'magic hat' that removes any references [aka thoughts] that this is remotely for any holiday I celebrate. Really... very weird weird weird illustrations and music for a holiday themed game, yet IMHO definitely playable gameplay. I found the tutorial was just fine. I reeeeally didn't like the illustrations of reindeer and characters, setting, etc in general and, personally I don't know of any humans [cartoon or otherwise] that I've ever seen in a restaurant/retail/whatever setting that looked quite so unpleasant to look at, lol.

So I recommend it with a forewarning to anyone that may take offense to any of the above from visual to audio, etc.

I actually bought it (!), lol [yep I'm THAT desperate play a new TM/pleasant game] and am almost ashamed to say I am having fun playing it [between other things because I can only take it in small doses, even though I AM 'desperate' lol].

Well, I sure hope the devs [btw who ARE these devs & what is their background for such an uh, um, 'interesting' take on a holiday game]... as I can't find a reference to them anywhere in the game!?] So perhaps if they smooth out the proverbial edges of extreme a bit on the next game [for our sake and for theirs]... their subsequent games may be a bigger hit with a wider range of gamers.

Anyhoo... have fun & happy gaming.

Go to: