shreksma
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Stuck on Level 18

[Post New]by shreksma on Jan 14, 15 7:21 PM
Cleared everything clearable, no boxes left to blow up, but there's no key to unlock the locked boxes on this board. Nothing left to try ! Really frustrating to have to start the level again.

shreksma
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Stuck on Level 18

[Post New]by shreksma on Jan 14, 15 7:28 PM
I've just tried it again, and there are two game boards for level 18, but no second key to unlock boxes to keep going. I've tried twice, both on Limited moves. No ideas on how to get past this !
Ok, yes, problem now fixed. Even though the playing board was cleared, I still had to work through the numbered boxes, and the final key was hidden in the final numbered box ! It doesn't give much of a chance to complete the boards within the allocated number of moves. Have now purchased the power up and it will make it easier. Glad the problem is solved. Otherwise really, really enjoying this game as an alternative to my over-played Jewel Match 4.

Edited on 01/15/2015 at 6:26:49 PM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 14, 15 9:39 PM
This took me several tries before I figured it out. I'm playing in timed mode so maybe it's different in the limited moves mode, but you have to clear out all the numbered round spaces and collect all the amulets that look like presents to finish the level. There's one numbered space that's in the middle of one of the rooms that won't be reachable until you get the red key, which will come out on the right side of one of the rooms. I can't quite remember what the sequence, if there is one, that you might need to do the numbered spaces in, but did recall that I had to clear out all of them to finish. I also made sure I cleared out all the wooden boxes in front of the red locks first so that the tiles would trickle in from all the available spots.

Ashm00r
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Ashm00r on Jan 15, 15 7:38 AM
Hi, to finish level 18 you must collect the yellow key by bringing it down to the bottom of the board. It is located at the top right of the starting board. After that you move to the top room. There you will see some numbered multiproxies. You have to break the top right chains, then break the "4" times multi proxies to have the pieces fall in an empty area. There you will find a "3" multi proxy, break it and you will get the red key. Bring that down and it will allow pieces to fall around the "5" multi proxy. That multi proxy hides the purple key, break it and collect it and it's all easy from there on.

Multi proxies are just like normal wooden boxes in that you have to make matches near them to clear them but you have to make a certain number of matches - the one written on them.

I hope this helps.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Jan 21, 15 1:17 AM
One box will not clear. I've made multiple matches next to it and it will not clear. I guess I'll try to restart the level.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 24, 15 11:49 AM
Hi Cromaxgal, you might be missing the "3" proxy tile Ashm00r was mentioning in their post. I have a tendency to miss matching this one repeatedly until it disappears, since it's off to the right side of the upper room. The 5-proxy tile in the middle of the top room can't be reached until you've cleared out the other proxies and dropped the red key off the room. The red (and pink) keys are also easy to miss since they (to me at least) tend to blend into the background amongst the garish looking ornaments.

Edited on 01/24/2015 at 11:50:54 AM PST

Go to: