Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,270 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Lost Lands: The Four Horsemen Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 15, 15 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you're using.

Edited on 01/15/2015 at 6:19:11 AM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Lost Lands: The Four Horsemen Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Jan 15, 15 6:19 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Lost Lands: The Four Horsemen Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Jan 15, 15 12:35 PM
Completely fails to install, no matter how often I try.

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Jan 16, 15 1:18 AM
is anyone gonna tell this loveguru to sod off from the forums really getting sick of all the junk that person is subjecting us to its popping up far to often can it not be blocked or something BFG
??????

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by dueler on Jan 16, 15 3:34 AM
It's not us who have all the TECH ISSUES it like YOU cant sort yours (spammers) out lol

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,578 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Jan 16, 15 11:10 AM
Rhysdux wrote:Completely fails to install, no matter how often I try.

I had the same problem but corrected it by ....

1. Uninstall game
2. Uninstall game manager.
3. Go back to Lost Lands: The Four Horsemen Collector's Edition game page and click link for "Play Now"
The game manager will automatically be re-installed along with game and should play fine.

This worked for me. Hope it does also for you.
Happy Gaming

Edited on 01/16/2015 at 11:13:17 AM PST

[Post New]by Mildredh on Jan 17, 15 10:19 AM
I got as far as the centaur's woods, and the cursor suddenly started to float all over the screen, is very hard to control. The game worked fine up to this point.

I sure hope there is a fix other than "re-install the game". I've fallen for that one before and it never works!

I have an iMac w/OS 10.9.5.

Tx,

K

[Post New]by annie322 on Jan 18, 15 9:07 AM
Will not let me enter name to start game..tried uninstall and reinstall and still did not work

[Post New]by dartlady74501 on Jan 18, 15 5:24 PM
See below

Edited on 01/18/2015 at 5:30:24 PM PST

[Post New]by dartlady74501 on Jan 18, 15 5:25 PM
I have a CyberPowerPC, 64 bit, Windows 8.1, i5, 8 GB RAM, 3.30 GHz and I was just getting ready to shoot my bow & arrow at the 3rd horseman and it froze. I restarted and it looked likes it worked. But low and behold, when I tried to go forward, it keeps telling me I need a bow and arrow to kill the horseman. Therefore, I can not get the dragon eye.
I do not want to restart from the beginning.
Is there any help?
Also, my dartlady74501@yahoo.com is not good. My new one of dartlady74502@yahoo.com.
Thanks,

[Post New]by carolinasofia on Jan 18, 15 6:05 PM
compre el juego peroesta en ingles y lo necesito en español

GimmeAHint
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by GimmeAHint on Jan 18, 15 8:42 PM
I too am playing on a Mac and I installed the latest update, but the game is still freezing up in the HOP in the Darkwoods. I have installed and uninstalled twice, changed the cursor and spent an hour staring at the game as everything happens in super slow motion. Finally got the treasure chest and it wouldn't let me do anything with the crystals. When I exited the game, it was back to the beginning of the HOP and I'm not spending another hour waiting for it to maybe work.

UPDATE DOESN'T FIX LAG IN GAME FOR MAC!!!!!

didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by didersham on Jan 19, 15 10:37 AM
I am having the same problem with the cursor and slow moving scene to scene. I am using window 7 home premium.

aussieali
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by aussieali on Jan 19, 15 2:53 PM
Thanks for the tip about uninstalling the Game manager to get this game to install. It was driving me crazy!! Downloading game now

doorgirl
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES 4 Horseman - manuscripts

[Post New]by doorgirl on Jan 19, 15 3:35 PM
Aren't the manuscripts we've collected meant to post in that section of the diary? Mine shows blank pages, but says 7 collected....

[Post New]by TabithaMoon on Jan 21, 15 11:30 AM
I, too, am unable to play after installation. I turned in a support ticket. I just wanted to add my name to the growing list. And yes, I did as suggested and uninstalled/reinstalled. I have the current version of Mac OSX, as well. Not sure what's going on with this game, but I was looking forward to trying it out.

VLewis138
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by VLewis138 on Jan 24, 15 10:43 AM
Last chapter of regular game began to slow down and finally stopped altogether. I adjusted the options as best I could but finally had to stop playing due to game stop/freezing.

Sorry I couldn't finish. Has anyone else reported these problems.

[Post New]by billie12003 on Jan 25, 15 3:38 AM
bfgLianorm wrote:Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166"> Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen </a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Jan 27, 15 7:30 PM

Oh, my heavens. I can't stand the slowness of this game. The cursor lag is incredibly annoying.

I am on a powerful MacBook Pro. I am not used to having technical issues, especially of a game lagging as if my machine can't support it. It can, which makes this very frustrating.

Has anyone else, whether on a Mac or PC, experienced this awful lag, and if so, were you able to resolve the issue?

patmosby
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by patmosby on Jan 28, 15 11:30 AM
I am having the same problem with the curser moving very very slowly. Don't know what I can do, it takes the fun out of playing......anybody else having this problem?

Go to: