Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Lost Lands: The Four Horsemen Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 15, 15 12:34 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 01/15/2015 at 6:19:33 AM PST

looloopy
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Lost Lands: The Four Horsemen Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by looloopy on Jan 15, 15 4:48 AM
this game is extremely jerky. Tried getting rid of the custom cursor but this had no impact. Too much hand holding even in the most difficult option. I gave up after 5 minutes. I have two game credits that are burning a hole in my pocket which means I have not found any thing worth buying for two months. What is wrong BIG FISH ?

Tamlin55
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Lost Lands: The Four Horsemen Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Tamlin55 on Jan 15, 15 6:04 AM
I didn't have any trouble with jerkiness, which surprises me, because I have an older laptop and usually have this difficulty if others do. It's your standard human sucked into a fantastic realm to help defeat evil. The puzzles and hidden object games are not too onerous, but you do a lot of chasing all over the map, and I'm starting to have difficulty at my age remembering what goes where. Also, the heroine bears a disturbing resemblance to Sarah Palin, which may or may not matter to the average player.

[Post New]by shelterhill on Jan 15, 15 6:08 AM
Everything was sooo slowwww... My, that spoiled the fun I could have had, but also the scenes were beautiful but overcrowded,and the storyline was beyond me..
No, did exit the game after half an hour, too bad.. I was hoping for a really good game to play this weekend

samisgram
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by samisgram on Jan 15, 15 6:09 AM
Didn't notice the resemblance to Sarah Palin, nor was the game jerky. Wasn't impressed with the play...very slow and not very interesting. I too have a couple of game credits that will have to wait for something better.

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Jan 15, 15 6:19 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Lost Lands: The Four Horsemen Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Lost Lands: The Four Horsemen Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgLianorm

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Jan 15, 15 6:35 AM
LOL hey tamlin55 I noticed the resemblance to Sarah Palin right away when I saw her! Before I read your post. So you are not the only one.

No jerkiness here. Very smooth. I am enjoying the game. Lots to do. Have no idea what the story is about hahaha. Never do. But I am enjoying the gameplay. Enough so that I bought it with yesterday's code. Tick.

bluejen
Clownfish
Clownfish
702 Posts

[Post New]by bluejen on Jan 15, 15 8:19 AM

Edited on 01/22/2015 at 10:32:08 AM PST

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jan 15, 15 9:11 AM
I Played 5 minutes and bought the game, this is one of the best games so far, I can tell by the graphics and story lines the sounds are awesome..
I recommend this game..

luvmigame
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by luvmigame on Jan 15, 15 10:50 AM
Great game! I haven't played with such devotion in a long, long time. Fantastic graphics. Compelling story line. Music is just right. Sometimes it can get in the way or the sound effects will "bleep" or "jingle" way too much. And, you really don't have to look at Sarah Palin very often.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Jan 15, 15 11:57 AM
Since BFG has been giving us up to 90 minutes playing time for a CE demo, I have managed to get through 99% of the demos with at least 20 minutes of playing time left. That was not the case with this game, and I think that it was due to all the things to do in each scene, which slowed down the gameplay.

As it has been mentioned somewhere, I was wondering if I was going to encounter elves and ogres since I had entered a Halfling village and a Dwarf temple, not to mention a familiar looking "wizard".

HOGs were silhouettes, and finding the object allowed you to find the next object. Puzzles included a gear puzzle, a complete the mosaic picture puzzle, and a slide the pieces around to complete the picture puzzle. The matching puzzle seemed to go on forever, as there were at least 20 pieces, and they all had to be matched one by one until one was left.

I think that I will wait until reviews come in from those who have completed the entire game before I decide on buying.

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by Radgame on Jan 15, 15 12:09 PM
Review edited 01 May: Based on completed game:

Wow, such long journey for Suzanne (and moi)! Superb graphics with surreal locales - loved the sheer variety of landscape (green to arid). Nothing was overdone. Stunning colours, details and lighting - faces, shadows, stone hand/ tree stair unfolding and the floating Mountgore! Cut scenes were relevant. Each location has lots to do/explore. I survived only because of transport map.

A perfect balance of mini-games and silhouette HOPs. I didn’t miss the regular list HOPs at all. Well-hidden collectibles were easy to spot ONLY because the cursor turns into a hand over them & because their status is shown on transport map.

Main Game:
- A ton of back-and-forth in 8 chapters over 35 locations (map names): Plains, Wasteland, Frozen Mountains, Swamps, Darkwoods each w/ 7 locations.
- 35 beyond objects, 35 machine parts and 20 manuscript pieces (not hidden) are present only in main game. Story ends conclusively.

Achievements
: Really tough to get – I got locked out of 1 new mosaic puzzle (I got 10/ 20). Not fair!

Bonus Game[/u]: 15 locations (map names): Dungeons (4), Halfling Lands (4), Dwarf Empire (7). Story added a bit more over same locations (some new) w/ a twist.

Extras: Replay of 21 mini-games. New games: 3 mosaics & 20 turn the pipes to connect games (I played 3 and got bored).

I liked how much-needed inventory items (knife & hammer) remained until the end.

Minor (-)ves: Instructions on some mini-games weren't clear. Diary clues don’t show in the mini-games, so, clicking on diary resets game. Too much back-and-forth; some felt unnecessary. Some actions were far too realistic, as in, took as much time as in real life! Ex: 4 screws meant all 4 turns were done one by one.

As a fantasy adventure, the story and how it unfolds via game play truly delivers on all fronts. This is how portal play ought to be done - kudos!

Edited on 05/01/2015 at 2:07:18 PM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jan 15, 15 2:16 PM
Hi all. Well, another CE today, and this one has time travel. I was a bit put off by the fuzzy graphics during the opening scenes and the cut scenes, but otherwise, everything was clear and crisp. Colors were very bright and true. Game play was very good for me, no glitches or problems at all and it filled my large screen. Not a lot of dialogue, but what there was, was well done and you could "click" through it if you read faster than they speak. Music was very nice and somewhat soothing. Nice sound FX as well.

HOPs were silhouettes that you find this piece to get that one. I didn't see that you could switch to something else and this was the only type of HOP I saw during the demo. Items were not difficult to find and the HOPs were pretty clean, no junk piles. SG shows a lot of chapters and since I took 45 minutes to get through two of them, it looks to be a fairly long game (yay!). Not a lot of HOPs or puzzles in this one. Puzzles are not difficult, but do take some time and thought to complete (I actually had to skip one). Hint system is quite helpful and fills quickly. When needed, the hint will open the map and show you where you need to transport using the jump map feature.

The collectibles are many, e.g. manuscript pages (20); morphing objects (35) and machine parts (35). These items are well hidden in most areas and do not jump off the page at you. This is the challenging part of this game, but the map tells you if you have something to find in each location. There is a lot to do in this game and you keep moving to get it done.

Not sure what it was about this game, maybe all the collectibles, but I liked it. I found it challenging enough to keep me interested and wanting more when the demo ran out. I think this game will appeal to all levels of players and yes, I am going to add this one to my collection today.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Jan 15, 15 3:11 PM
I am really enjoying this game! So much so, I bought it without finishing the demo (most unusual for me)

Finding the right pieces in the HOS can be a bit tricky, but as others have said, it helps to slow down and breathe, lol.

My only complaint about our heroine (hmm, never thought of Sarah Palin, but she did make me think of the woman in Forbidden Secrets - also by Five-BN Games), is that she doesn't even ask "What happened? Where am I? How do I get back home?" when she gets sucked through the portal!

What I DO like about her, is the realistic way she walks - it is just so cool!

I also like that the interactive map shows which scenes still have morphing / engineering pieces to find

The music is fine, and the voices are great, especially our Gandalf sound alike. I am having lots of fun looking for Hobbit/LOTR reminders. And I loved the steampunk rail car (reminded me of the animated 101 Dalmations ) in the mines - I got dizzy just watching it, lol. The portal effect is pretty cool too.

Give the game a go. You just might enjoy it

FWIW, I have Win 8.1, 64 Bit on my pc, and no problems playing the game - definitely a bonus, lol.

Cheers,

Jen

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Jan 15, 15 6:29 PM
Excellent demo!! I can't wait to play the full version! I didn't have any technical issues with the game. There are a few places where the game response is a little slow. Like after placing an item that was found, there was a slight delay in achievement. But I really loved the demo, love trying to find all the collectibles. I used up all but 8 minutes of the demo time. All in all, excellent!

Edited on 01/15/2015 at 6:29:46 PM PST

luciusm
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by luciusm on Jan 16, 15 5:59 PM
I really love this game. Beautiful locations. Mini-Games were interesting but not
really hard, which I like because I play these games for relaxation after a stressful job where I have to use my brains for real life. The hidden objects were not the list type but were line drawings of all of them. All hidden objects were for the characters to use, no feathers or frogs etc. thrown in. The game is long but not slow moving at all for me.
No tech problems and there was no jerkiness for me. I did buy a few games a while back that were full of bugs. It's good to see fewer new games that work, rather than
lots of games that don't work.

littlemom4
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by littlemom4 on Jan 17, 15 9:55 AM
WOW! WOW! WOW!! This is one of the best overall hidden objects games I have played in a long time. Congrats to the developers! Do they have any other games?Excellent graphics and audio and story line.! The next hidden game I play will sure not measure up to this game. No glitches at all. AAAAAAAAAAAA++++++++++++++

lionscat
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by lionscat on Jan 19, 15 4:41 PM
Bravo Devs! This is a great game. I have never played a more convoluted, yet enjoyable game. There is more to see and do in this game than I have ever seen before. The graphics are gorgeous, the creatures fantastic. All the collectibles and the incredible intricacies of all the objectives make it such a marvelous game. There are very few games I play over and over, but this will be one of them!! Thanks for the great, great, game

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

A great game with lots to do!

[Post New]by pgillenw on Jan 21, 15 10:14 PM
I truly enjoyed the game and found the map useful. Not true for many games. The developers coding performed flawlessly in this regard.

I assume a sequel is close since the bonus chapter left me wondering.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jan 29, 15 10:58 AM
This is a good length (I'm about 3/4 of the way through now) game, and a very interesting story line. I do wish the characters wouldn't repeat themselves endlessly because it's annoying. I like the graphics, the animation, and enjoy looking at each scene. I do not enjoy having no reset on puzzles, although admittedly, there has been only one so far that I wished to reset. However, I've run into two puzzles that wouldn't work at all. Nothing would move and I finally had to skip. The hidden object scenes are different, and keep the game interesting.

Go to: