New Event: Nate's Birthday 2015

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on Jan 16, 15 10:26 AM
Nate needs your help to set up his birthday party in the Commons, since no one else will do it.

First and foremost, whenever Nate is involved, safety becomes a priority. Find Safety Coins in the bushes and bring them to the stations in the Commons to stock up on protective gear.

Then it seems Nate needs decorations and activities to set up in the Commons. Go out daily and find things for his party.

New for 2015:

We’ve added a new quest that will be unlocked as the event goes on. Keep your eyes peeled for a fiery good time! (Requires the Town Hall to have been built)

This event runs until Friday January 30th at Noon PST.

VisionAri
Minnow
Minnow
218 Posts

Re:New Event: Nate's Birthday 2015

[Post New]by VisionAri on Jan 16, 15 3:53 PM
So Bushwhackia celebrates its national disasters?

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Jan 16, 15 6:32 PM
Thanks for the information and welcome!

HatesTimers
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by HatesTimers on Jan 16, 15 6:52 PM
I just did two quests (one each for Nate and his girl), and I got ZERO event progress from them. I did get tokens and such, but no event progress.

Safety station turn-ins did give 13 event progress.

Is that how it's supposed to be?

rob_nobody
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by rob_nobody on Jan 17, 15 3:45 AM
Welcome to the forum, Erika! Are you a BushWhacker yourself or did you take an arrow to the knee?

Hi HatesTimers! (me too, btw, how is time pressure fun?)

I thought that a bit odd as well. Maybe we'll get event progress for the activities and daily quests mentioned on the event achievements page? Safety Coins are not dropping fast enough to make it from them alone. Time will tell, if Erika doesn't beat her to it!

Edited on 01/17/2015 at 2:42:33 PM PST

broccoflower
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by broccoflower on Jan 17, 15 6:42 PM
Welcome erika_kramer1. I look forward to reading more posts from you, and wish you all the best for your time with CNE and BigFishGames

Regarding this latest event, Nate's B'Day 2015 ... I've gotta say that I love the swag that we can earn. The Bomb Disposal hat is a scream . Now I'm wondering about the Fire Hydrant for my ranch. Will certain pets that are wandering about try to ... ummm ... well, you know ... try to "water" it?

LOL!!

Edited on 01/17/2015 at 6:47:18 PM PST

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Jan 18, 15 11:12 AM
LOL, Please add me to the I hate timers society! If a stand alone game requires timers, I don't buy it. Thankfully most now come with the option to play without the timers.

Nate's BD the little dragon quest looks cute, so I am purchasing all the things for that outfit first.

Does anyone know if, when you change swords, the rune stones stay on the sword? I would like to be able to pick up my regular sword after the quest and right now I have some 20% runes that I crafted, and don't want to loose them.

Thanks!

HatesTimers
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by HatesTimers on Jan 18, 15 1:18 PM
HorseDancer1 wrote:Does anyone know if, when you change swords, the rune stones stay on the sword?

When I tried that a few months ago, the runes stayed on the sword I had placed them on. I only got the benefit when using that sword, but the runes aged the same whether I was using the sword or not.

countrygal2
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by countrygal2 on Jan 18, 15 2:11 PM
Just been doing today's Nate quest and Yiiiiiiikes!!! lucky I'm wearing a hazmat mask - folks do not enter the commons unless you are suitably dressed and prepared for anything - you have been warned (heh heh) lol.

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Jan 18, 15 4:36 PM
When I tried that a few months ago, the runes stayed on the sword I had placed them on. I only got the benefit when using that sword, but the runes aged the same whether I was using the sword or not.

Thanks so much! That makes sense and what I was hoping. Don't want to waste a good rune!

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on Jan 19, 15 9:08 AM
HatesTimers wrote:I just did two quests (one each for Nate and his girl), and I got ZERO event progress from them. I did get tokens and such, but no event progress.

Safety station turn-ins did give 13 event progress.

Is that how it's supposed to be?

Hi HatesTimers,

yes, the quests aren't supposed to give event progress. You will only get it from the Safety Station turn-ins.

Erika/rosetiger12

Edited on 01/19/2015 at 11:06:40 AM PST

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on Jan 19, 15 9:13 AM
@VisionAri Of course we do.

@ broccoflower Thanks for the welcome. As far as I know, no, your pets won't water the hydrant, lol.

@ horsedancer1 Runes stay on the sword and continue to count down, even while it's in your inventory. If they are Runes you don't want to waste, I wouldn't switch your sword until they've run out.

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Jan 19, 15 1:53 PM
@ horsedancer1 Runes stay on the sword and continue to count down, even while it's in your inventory. If they are Runes you don't want to waste, I wouldn't switch your sword until they've run out.

@Erika, I need to do the "Tiny Little Arms" achievement and think I can just switch to all the dragon paraphernalia to quickly do an activity and then back to my regular outfit and gear! But I have made up some pretty good runes and am glad they stay with the sword whether it is equipped or not.

Thanks!

dinsb01
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by dinsb01 on Jan 19, 15 2:09 PM
Dancer, do you mean that we have to carry the sword as well as the hat,cape & gloves to complete the tiny arms quest? We didn't need the event sword for other clothing-related chores, i.e.,Easter bunny. grinch, Santa. Like you, I really don't want to waste my high percentage runes by having them run down while I'm using another sword which I have also equipped,

sagefever
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by sagefever on Jan 19, 15 9:13 PM
dinsb01 wrote:Dancer, do you mean that we have to carry the sword as well as the hat,cape & gloves to complete the tiny arms quest? We didn't need the event sword for other clothing-related chores, i.e.,Easter bunny. grinch, Santa. Like you, I really don't want to waste my high percentage runes by having them run down while I'm using another sword which I have also equipped,

I'll but in and answer~ yes cape, head, gloves and sword. As Horsedancer said, just switch out to botch and switch back to your equipped sword .Happy Whacking all ~ sage

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Jan 20, 15 5:27 AM
Yes, thanks Sage!

You have to wear the whole outfit to do the messed up part. One of my runes just ran out, one has several days but it is only a 10% rune and the 20% rune only has 11 hours, so I decided to let the 20% rune run out and then switch swords for the rest of the event. I have so many swords, this seems easier than my original idea of swapping everything for each task.

Happy Whacking!!

Edited on 01/20/2015 at 5:28:20 AM PST

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on Jan 20, 15 9:45 AM
HorseDancer1 wrote:
@Erika, I need to do the "Tiny Little Arms" achievement and think I can just switch to all the dragon paraphernalia to quickly do an activity and then back to my regular outfit and gear! But I have made up some pretty good runes and am glad they stay with the sword whether it is equipped or not.

Thanks!

Very true. I was talking more in general of course. I know one needs to equip the sword briefly to get the bungling achievement. Glad I could help!

Shadis01
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Shadis01 on Jan 20, 15 11:48 AM
Do the Blueberry seeds have something to do with Nate event? Or it is possible to buy them somewhere? In this case, where ?

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Jan 20, 15 12:53 PM
Shadis01 wrote:Do the Blueberry seeds have something to do with Nate event? Or it is possible to buy them somewhere? In this case, where ?

As far as I know you can't buy them anywhere, but occasionally get them as a reward in one of the regular quests.

Happy Whacking!

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on Jan 20, 15 4:15 PM
Shadis01 wrote:Do the Blueberry seeds have something to do with Nate event? Or it is possible to buy them somewhere? In this case, where ?

The blueberry seeds are random drops from the Quester's satchels. They can drop from any quest that rewards you with a satchel, as long as you don't have too many in your inventory already.

Go to: