Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Twilight Phenomena: The Incredible Show Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 17, 15 12:35 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 01/17/2015 at 6:36:06 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Twilight Phenomena: The Incredible Show Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jan 17, 15 6:35 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Twilight Phenomena: The Incredible Show Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Twilight Phenomena: The Incredible Show Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

MLC60
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Twilight Phenomena: The Incredible Show Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by MLC60 on Jan 17, 15 10:25 AM
Since no one else has posted a review, I'll give it a go. This is a pleasant game on the same order as the other Twilight Phenomena games. You have to rescue your sister and various others from a mad scientist and his wife. It is more adventure game than HOP. The mini games were not earth-shatteringly hard, mostly ones we've seen in the past. One big plus is there are no cute little animal helpers. I'd rate this game 5 fishes out of 5.

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Jan 17, 15 1:26 PM
I'm a sucker for anything that ERS does! So far this game is really good. Playing runs smoothly, no helper critters, as usual graphics are great. It's a buy for me.

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Jan 17, 15 4:05 PM
Personally I like little helpers and collectables. Without them, the game pace seemed a bit slow. I kept waiting for some excitement, but never really got into it. No buy for me.

debraljensen
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by debraljensen on Jan 17, 15 5:08 PM
I bought. I like that I can play smoothly without needing a hint.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jan 17, 15 6:05 PM
Fun game. Lots of variety in their hidden object scenes, the puzzles are relatively easy but still challenging (to me), the artwork gorgeous, the voice acting is very good if a little bit hammy and the story is filled with the usual wacky genetic mutations that this dev is famous for.

I'm always sort of amazed at how responsive ERS is to our suggestions and complaints. That's a sign of a good business, they actually CARE.

jan1949
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by jan1949 on Jan 17, 15 6:26 PM
Quite good, in my opinion, even though the graphics are old timey -- like in the 1920's which is the decade in which the game takes place. Nice bright Crayola colors most of the time while I played the demo. The story is built around a Circus which I always find a bit mysterious and actually like that atmosphere. This is not a spooky game. One sister gets captured by the devious Circus Master and you must rescue her. You get help from "creatures" that have been victims of the Master's tricks but only after you do something for them. They do not follow you through the game as "helpers". I don't know if there are collectibles or morphing objects because I was concentrating on gathering the needed items in order to progress in the game. The game is relatively easy, meaning it is easy to figure out what to do next most of the time. A different aspect of this game is that you can spin a wheel to gain coins that can then be donated to help banged up animals. I am wondering if you donate the coins required to fill the "health-o-Meter, will you receive something in return... There are some different type games/puzzles that I have not seen before which are not too difficult, just right to make you want to play them. I did not use hints nor did I use the strategy guide because I didn't need to for a change.

Try it, you might just like it.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jan 18, 15 12:54 PM
Hi all. Well, we have the 3rd installment in this series. I have only one, Strange Menagerie. Didn't care for the other, since there were no HOPs in it. Anyway, this one is a little different than the other two. Graphics are the same, not too bad. Colors are somewhat muted and washed out, but clear. You would think they would be much brighter with being in a circus. Game play was good, no problems with the demo at all and the game fit my large screen quite well. Music was nice and moved with whatever was happening at the time. Same with the voice overs. Well done, but again, few and far between. Sound FX were very nice, birds, bugs, barking dogs, etc.

HOPs are few and far between, and are straight HOPs. Items easy to spot with no real challenge, other than finding them in the first place. If you don't click in the right spot, you won't find the HOP. Puzzles are way too simple, definitely no challenge here either. Jump map is very useful, as you do a lot of back tracking in this game. Didn't even open the SG, seldom do. Hint system is very useful as well, but does not transport you to longer locations, so grab the tennis shoes, you will need them. I really like that you can adjust the hint refill time.

Maybe I missed something, but I didn't really find any collectibles. No morphing items or anything. Guess running back and forth to pull the handle to get more coins is what they consider collectibles. You use the coins to feed animals, but I don't see that it makes a difference in the game play, at least not at this point. Yes, I fed the animals, that's just the way I am. You also take photos of everything, but not sure why.

The story line is a bit different, another mad doctor changing people into animals, but interesting. The game didn't seem to flow very well and is not really exciting or challenging. Most disappointing is the lack of collectibles. That being said, for some reason I have the need to play this one out and see what happens...must be the storyline. I think this will appeal to anyone wanting something a little different for a change.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

ShaunaPSmith
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by ShaunaPSmith on Jan 24, 15 2:11 AM
I am so surprised that this game has gotten any good reviews!! I'm usually pretty lenient, but this game has so many bad aspects!! I can typically ignore a bad story, but this one is AWFUL. Do the developers even speak English?? I hate when I can tell that it's foreign. They don't seem to grasp the concept. The voiceovers sounded as if they were dubbed. No comprende?? I swear there was an object in one of the HOPs that was called a "bulb" but it was really just a vial of some kind. No kidding!

There were maybe one or two challenging puzzles (I'm actually still stuck on one mini game in the bonus chapter...dang!) But I love a good challenging mini game. There were a couple of glitches, but technically it was okay. The design just didn't jive. These characters were supposed to be evil...but the design was that of pretty flowers, etc. I just didn't get it. Most of the time it was just "click...click...click"...you're done. Lots of missed opportunities for puzzles. Blah.

[Post New]by baglady159 on Jan 24, 15 7:11 AM
Well I actually got the game but only because of the free code that was mentioned in a different thread. I haven't bought an ERS game for a while simply because I've gotten bored with them. But with the free code, I thought I'd give it another chance.

This has to be the most boring game I've ever played, literally The HOGS were so simple with no imagination at all. And as far as the storyline, it was the same ole, same ole....but worse. The puzzles far to easy to solve and the hints kept taking me back and forth until it finally realized where it was supposed to take me. I had to keep going for help to even figure out where to go next because the route through the game was so confusing I couldn't figure out where to go next. I think some of the things I picked up along the way were made-up items, because I'd never heard of them before and therefore had no idea where they were supposed to go .

I should have listened to cbtx a long time ago. This was the worst game ever by ERS and I won't be tricked into getting another one. The only reason I played to the end was out of stubbornness...I was bound and determined to finish. And in all my years with BF, this is the only game I've ever deleted from my game manager because I have no desire to play it again.

Off to delete.......

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Jan 24, 15 10:30 PM
I haven't played any of the other games in this series, but with a name like "Twilight Phenomena" I was hoping for a bit of creepy excitement.

The opening video sequence grabbed me. Animals altered with strange prosthetics, human/animals, animal/humans in dynamic poses and an evil-ish voice promising a dark, sinister story where "everyone has a monster inside". Sounded like just the ticket.

Unfortunately, ERS put the creepy part and the circus part of this game in the demo and the animals turned out to be more sad than scary.

The CE features I care most about are collectibles and/or morphing objects, a strategy guide and extra game play. The main game was short. The only collectibles are seven eggs found ONLY in the bonus game. The game was pretty simple so I didn't use the strategy guide. The bonus game was woefully short.

The majority of the HOGs are the standard list type, visited twice. A couple had misnamed items. Film projectors with very primitive graphics were added to tell some back story and function as HOGs. Extra mini HOGs were provided by a camera. You take a picture when prompted, identify three VERY OBVIOUS items, and receive three pieces of the back story in return. I found them to be more an interruption than a necessary part of the game. There were PLENTY of journals, notes, and cut-scenes to provide all the story you'd EVER need.

ERS artwork was at its best in the cut-scene close-ups. Lots of cut-scenes. LOTS. Otherwise I found the graphics to be average and the colors a bit faded.

Some of the mini-games had an option to play "easy" or "hard" mode.

It just seems that ERS did the bare minimum on this game. We get to--
--find and fix a fishing pole
--catch a fish
--put out a "raging" fire, after taking care of some other stuff
--find and use a glass cutter
--find a ballerina to open a box
--find and open a trap door
--light a lamp
--find and use a feather duster
--refuse to move leaves with our hands
--find and use a couple of gears
--retrieve something from a piranha-infested BOWL
--find and use a slingshot
--find and use glue
--repair a boat
--locate oars
and some other mind-numbing tasks that I can't recall at the moment, but I'm sure you get the idea. I can't imagine that any of these things could be called "spoilers" since we do them in just about every cookie cutter game out there.

I also got this game with a free code, like baglady159. THANK GOODNESS I didn't have to pay for it! Happy gaming!

ShaunaPSmith
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by ShaunaPSmith on Jan 26, 15 5:48 PM
I finally just finished this game. And it couldn't end soon enough! Gag. I pretty much hated the whole thing. I played on a difficult level that told me pretty much nothing, so the game lasted a nice long time for me. But the "puzzles" were so stupid easy. Except for this one with the four different positions that I ended up skipping. Did anyone solve this? I guess I'm not the genius game player that I thought. I want games to be hard, but I want them to be finish-able. And the strategy guide didn't help on this one because you couldn't reset the puzzle from the beginning. I could go on and on. I have no idea what the story was about (especially the bonus chapter--who was I and who are my parents??)

Just bad. And I paid for it.

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Jan 27, 15 4:49 PM
Finished the main game, started the Bonus game, but taking a break for now. I have been off work for going on my second week now (Bronchitis) so I have time to finish this game and a few others! I enjoyed this game - I have the other two (?). ERS games usually keep my attention. This was no exception. Mini-games were not all that hard - HOS were O.K., and the game had a nice length to it. Well, off to see what else might entertain me in my "convalesence"!!

feenix

Seji
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Seji on Feb 16, 15 5:41 PM
I dislike it very much.

It's not written in understandable English. There are little or no instructions that are understandable and I'm sorry I bought it.

rdekker1
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by rdekker1 on Jul 6, 15 7:30 AM
I didn't mind this game. it wasn't as good as the other twilight games but it was good. It kept my attention which some games don't and it's the right length. Did like the bonus game. All In All not a bad game.

Go to: