davidnp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Windows 7 RC and Yard Sale Hidden Treasures Games

[Post New]by davidnp on May 17, 09 3:30 PM
It installs fine, however when trying to play it doesn't recognize that Windows 7 is greater than Windows 98 SE and will not run. So far, trying the compatibility mode hasn't worked.

The writers need to fix their code for both games.

So far, the other games from other companies are working fine.

thagrouch19
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

Re:Windows 7 RC and Yard Sale Hidden Treasures Games

[Post New]by thagrouch19 on May 18, 09 10:10 AM
Hello.
i would like to know where else did you find this game and is it same price as on this site. please send me a reply to my post if you would please... thanks

Edited on 05/18/2009 at 10:12:21 AM PST

[Post New]by Barlin on Jun 4, 09 5:00 PM
Any news on fixing this game for 7?

And is there really any reason anymore to do a code check for the windows version number and disallow the running of the game due to it's version check? Pretty lame coding really. But judging from the other problems this game is having maybe it just fits their style.

Edited on 06/04/2009 at 5:03:04 PM PST

[Post New]by djchrisaustin on Jul 5, 09 2:16 PM
I am having the same issue, I cant run in compatiblity mode because it the game uses the launcher and the launcher isnt a standard .exe file so compatiblity mode is out the window please please fix i have purchased a lot from Big Fish this is really annoying.

[Post New]by Dracaielia on Jul 5, 09 3:55 PM
I agree, I own over 10 games and can't play any of them

CindySt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by CindySt on Feb 25, 10 7:35 PM
Yard sale hidden treasures cannot work on Windows 7. I have been told by BFG that the developer is working on the problem and they will post to this forum when it is corrected.........however since your questions were back in June of 09 and it is now the end of February of '10 I am guessing it is not going to get fixed anytime soon. Customer service provided me with coupon codes to replace these two Yard Sale Hidden Treasure games with others so you may want to contact them and you can get something else. I have well over 100 of their games and operating on Windows 7, these two are the only ones I have had a problem with.

Curium255
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Curium255 on Mar 28, 10 11:42 PM
Do you happen to know who the developer of these games is? I'd like to follow up with them directly. See what they have to say about it.

Thanks.

[Post New]by lolythia444 on Apr 22, 10 12:36 AM
The developers are Slapdash Games. I have emailed them, but they don't seem to have any contact info other than employment and press, but i gave it a shot anyways.

[Post New]by marzipan71 on May 29, 10 11:00 AM
same problem. this is a drag. i love these games, but this stinks. i've been with this company for years.

[Post New]by severma22 on Jun 2, 10 2:52 PM
I can not believe I paid for a game that will not work on Windows 7 !!

Why didn't I get a warning about games not working with Windows 7. Other companies give warnings.

Are there any Big Fish games that will work with Win 7?

[Post New]by peacegirl_00 on Sep 4, 10 3:17 AM
severma22, I've bought many other games from this website and this game is the only one that wouldn't work. You have an option to try a game for an hour before purchase - I ALWAYS try before I buy just to avoid any possible disappointments. I suggest you do the same. Yard Sale Sunnyville is available from Steam [removed by moderator] and I purchased it from them long before I discovered this website and it was a blast. Didn't have any problem playing it with my windows7 pc. Anyway, good luck and don't give up! Just, again, try before you buy!

Edited on 02/13/2011 at 11:54:27 AM PST

tubergal
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by tubergal on Sep 5, 10 2:02 PM
I purchased this game when I was running XP. Now I am running Vista and Windows 7. It definitely will not work on W7, very frustrating, but DOES work on VIsta. I am hoping the developers at Slapdash get this fixed soon!!!!! BFG should also be following up with the developers on behalf of the members how have purchased it!

[Post New]by scarfinv on Sep 6, 10 7:36 PM
Doesn't work for me under Windows 7 either. Worked fine on Vista.

Windows 7 RC and Yard Sale Hidden Treasures Games

[Post New]by mccluskey1958 on Sep 17, 10 8:49 AM
davidnp wrote:It installs fine, however when trying to play it doesn't recognize that Windows 7 is greater than Windows 98 SE and will not run. So far, trying the compatibility mode hasn't worked.

The writers need to fix their code for both games.

So far, the other games from other companies are working fine.

I am having this very same problem. I love these yard sale games and haven't been able to run them with Windows 7. I can run it in Vista. But it does not like 7 one bit. Help as soon as anyone can.I miss my yard sale games.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Nov 13, 10 6:37 PM
Having the same problem. I have Windows 7, 64 bit. I installed the demo tonight and tried to run it and got some pop up message saying my system must be at least Windows 98. That made me laugh. Out loud. LOL

[Post New]by grandmacathy on Dec 13, 10 2:53 PM
I'm having the same problem. I'm kind of concerned as the first post about this was done on 5/17, and this is 12/13 with no resolution.

Anyone figure out how to fix this?

[Post New]by barbcove on Jan 30, 11 12:37 PM
game won't start as it says must confirm windows 98se. i have windows 7 but game won't start, keeps repeating same message

[Post New]by nanababy23836 on Feb 13, 11 10:46 AM
I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO PLAY MY YARD SALE HIDDEN TREASURES GAMES AND HAVE BEEN TOLD MY WINDOWS 7 IS NOT GREATER THAN ANY OTHER. HOW CAN I PLAY MY GAMES ON MY WINDOWS 7?
[removed by moderator]

Edited on 02/13/2011 at 11:55:20 AM PST

[Post New]by writer09 on Apr 8, 12 7:53 PM
I am having the same problem. I love playing these games and so do my daughters. but now we can never play them again because they do not recognize Windows 7. We are sad.

[Post New]by madonnaj on Jul 16, 12 5:53 AM
[b]i installed yard sale hidden treasures it will not let me play i just bought it i have windows 7 there are a lot of games i have bought and no problems with them whats with this one

Go to: