Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Musketeers: Victoria's Quest here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 18, 15 1:07 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you're using.

Edited on 01/18/2015 at 9:17:28 AM PST


 
amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Musketeers: Victoria's Quest here.

[Post New]by amj0963 on Jan 18, 15 1:32 AM
this would have been a game i would have bought except it is so laggy. the voices had quit before the screens had finished in the cut scenes in the beginning. it took me over 35 minutes just to complete 2 levels. i hope the dev's aren't counting 8 hours of game play because the game runs so slow lol.

i hope they will fix this issue.

 
kimnick
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Musketeers: Victoria's Quest here.

[Post New]by kimnick on Jan 18, 15 2:22 AM
amj0963 wrote:this would have been a game i would have bought except it is so laggy. the voices had quit before the screens had finished in the cut scenes in the beginning. it took me over 35 minutes just to complete 2 levels. i hope the dev's aren't counting 8 hours of game play because the game runs so slow lol.

i hope they will fix this issue.


I played with the sound off so cannot comment on that but it is extremely laggy. When Victoria takes the items back to his home he just stands there for a few seconds and the game freezes in that time. I love these games and am very disappointed,

Edited on 01/18/2015 at 2:58:20 AM PST


 
_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Musketeers: Victoria's Quest here.

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jan 18, 15 4:10 AM
amj0963 wrote: i hope the dev's aren't counting 8 hours of game play because the game runs so slow lol.


LOL!!


Not slow here, though - I'm playing on a Desktop PC with Win 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit, and had no problems with lag or anything at all.

The only minus I see is that I can't turn off the voices that accompany every order...

 
Mishy1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Musketeers: Victoria's Quest here.

[Post New]by Mishy1 on Jan 18, 15 4:20 AM
Mine isn't laggy but just closes itself down for no apparent reason quite regularly. Enjoyed what I've managed to play so far but won't be buying until this problem is fixed

 

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Musketeers: Victoria's Quest here.

[Post New]by jagdhund on Jan 18, 15 4:53 AM
I'm playing on a Desktop PC with Win 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit too, but it works with normal Speed only if I turn off the fullscreen mode - that's not what I've like to play with.

I would like to buy the game as soon it will work with normal speed.

Marion

 
curlly62
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Musketeers: Victoria's Quest here.

[Post New]by curlly62 on Jan 18, 15 9:09 AM
I can't even get the game to finish loading to play. It freezes up right after it shows the developer name on the screen.

Love TM games, but I guess I may not even get to try this one out.

 
Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Musketeers: Victoria's Quest here.

[Post New]by Sante001 on Jan 18, 15 9:14 AM
Game freezes at the "waiting to download." please check. I would love to play this game. I'm a great fan of TM games. .

 
bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Musketeers: Victoria's Quest here.

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jan 18, 15 9:16 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgVaiya

 
FishinFem
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Musketeers: Victoria's Quest here.

[Post New]by FishinFem on Jan 18, 15 9:23 AM
The game worked fine for the demo... so I purchased it .... now it won't activate/install ..... all other games install with no probs but this one won't ......
I get error code 769
I have Windows 7 Home Premium

after I purchased the game it downloaded it again when I hit the activate button. I waited for it to install and usually I get the permissions window and it never popped up .... it pops up for all other games I install (I deleted and re downloaded a previous game I've purchased to test this out) therefor it's the game not my computer

Edited on 01/18/2015 at 9:25:16 AM PST


 
_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Musketeers: Victoria's Quest here.

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jan 18, 15 9:49 AM
FishinFem,

it might be one of the reasons that are described in BFG's help pages.
F.e., what seems to happen more often lately is the sudden "need" to re-install the GM.

Looking for "error code 769" in BFG's help pages brings you here:

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1490/kw/error%20code%20769
(copy and paste into new Browser tab)

... A 769 error can occur if the a game requires you to have additional privileges or administrator access on your computer in order to install the game.

If you receive a 772 error or if the 769 error persists it may help to reinstall the Game Manager and/or adjust your firewall settings. ...


And apart from that, I'd write to their CS, esp. if you purchased it already.
Good luck!


FishinFem wrote:The game worked fine for the demo... so I purchased it .... now it won't activate/install ..... all other games install with no probs but this one won't ......
I get error code 769
I have Windows 7 Home Premium

 
FishinFem
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Musketeers: Victoria's Quest here.

[Post New]by FishinFem on Jan 18, 15 9:54 AM
finally got it took many tries........ If anyone else has this prob .. this may help ....

My prob was after I deleted then tried to re download I was using the game manager purchase history to redownload.... (did this many times with no success lol)
How I ended up solving prob was I deleted program (for the umpteenth time) and instead of using the game manager to re download I went to website and logged in and downloaded from there ... then it finally installed properly



_DD_ wrote:FishinFem,

it might be one of the reasons that are described in BFG's help pages.
F.e., what seems to happen more often lately is the sudden "need" to re-install the GM.

Looking for "error code 769" in BFG's help pages brings you here:

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1490/kw/error%20code%20769
(copy and paste into new Browser tab)

... A 769 error can occur if the a game requires you to have additional privileges or administrator access on your computer in order to install the game.

If you receive a 772 error or if the 769 error persists it may help to reinstall the Game Manager and/or adjust your firewall settings. ...


And apart from that, I'd write to their CS, esp. if you purchased it already.
Good luck!


FishinFem wrote:The game worked fine for the demo... so I purchased it .... now it won't activate/install ..... all other games install with no probs but this one won't ......
I get error code 769
I have Windows 7 Home Premium

 
salsaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Musketeers: Victoria's Quest here.

[Post New]by salsaz on Jan 18, 15 8:16 PM
I can't get the fish on Level 2. I know there is crafting under the inventory, but it won't allow me to open the inventory, it just does nothing when I click on it.

 
DesLyn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Musketeers: Victoria's Quest here.

[Post New]by DesLyn on Jan 18, 15 8:24 PM
I'm having the same problem as Mishy1. I'll be playing along just fine then it closes. Playing on PC win 7 64 bit

I've tried all the solutions on the help links also and they didn't help.

Edited on 01/18/2015 at 8:27:35 PM PST


 
simhaup1
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Musketeers: Victoria's Quest here.

[Post New]by simhaup1 on Jan 18, 15 9:37 PM
I'm on level 8 and now my whole screen is black. I can see the items I can pick up, but nothing else. Anyone else having this issue??

 
marebito
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Musketeers: Victoria's Quest here.

[Post New]by marebito on Jan 18, 15 10:05 PM
Level 15 log near the balloon self chops (my worker goes to the log and the progress bar appears, but the worker immediately leaves for the next task while the progress bar remains). As a result, the log disappears but the road remains blocked preventing access to the lava cracks and balloon. This is with a standard install (no changes) with multi-click play.

ETA:
I'm not sure if re-loading the game cleared the issue or if it's because I didn't have anything queued at that point after re-loading, but one or the other managed to get the log properly chopped to finish the level.

Edited on 01/18/2015 at 10:23:37 PM PST


 
Spoph
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Musketeers: Victoria's Quest here.

[Post New]by Spoph on Jan 19, 15 7:19 AM
marebito wrote:Level 15 log near the balloon self chops (my worker goes to the log and the progress bar appears, but the worker immediately leaves for the next task while the progress bar remains). As a result, the log disappears but the road remains blocked preventing access to the lava cracks and balloon. This is with a standard install (no changes) with multi-click play.

ETA:
I'm not sure if re-loading the game cleared the issue or if it's because I didn't have anything queued at that point after re-loading, but one or the other managed to get the log properly chopped to finish the level.


I have the same problem. Finally got it to work and then the balloon mini game scene froze and I had to do the whole level again. Low and behold the log chopped itself again and I couldn't get to the balloon. Seems it's impossible to get past level 15. I'm using Windows 7.

 

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Musketeers: Victoria's Quest here.

[Post New]by Scrapinator on Jan 19, 15 8:22 AM
On Level 24, I clicked on the screen just to start the level and it said I had finished it and gave me three stars. I restarted it and it played find.

 
sambone
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Level 8 Not enough Stones from Market..

[Post New]by sambone on Jan 20, 15 1:27 AM
Level 8 Can not get enough stones from Market. I'm about ready to give up on game.

 

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Musketeers: Victoria's Quest here.

[Post New]by squirrel10 on Jan 20, 15 5:04 AM
This looked like a really good Time Management game but seemed a bit sluggish. Therefore, I uninstalled and re-installed it and the second time round for the trial ran much better than the first. I therefore bought it, but unfortunately the erratic movement and sluggishness of the game happened again, once the complete game was installed. I have had no problems with any other games (and I own loads) so do not think my drivers are at fault - must be the game. Hopefully your wiz kids can look into it as I am not the only one having problems and come up with a new instalment without all the current blips. I use an HP desktop computer with 64 bit; Windows 7.

Edited on 01/20/2015 at 5:06:56 AM PST


 
 
 
 
Go to: