Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for The Musketeers: Victoria's Quest here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 18, 15 1:09 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 01/18/2015 at 9:17:38 AM PST

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Musketeers: Victoria's Quest here.

[Post New]by Janette5 on Jan 18, 15 5:46 AM
Technical: I was able to play this game without any lag or technical issues. However, please note that the game and graphics need good resources on your pc for you to play this game. This game has beautiful graphics but I suspect you're going to need a good graphics card for it.

This is the same as the general resource collecting games, you start from a tent and run around build things, collect things, upgrade things etc. The game has three settings, no timer, multi-click and expert.

Strategy? There are some decisions that you have to make. Unfortunately some of these require the allocation of resources and it isn't evident that you're going to run out of a resource until you do, at which point you have to restart the level and make different choices. Although I enjoy the strategy I don't enjoy having to restart the level half way in as I have no other solution.

In general this game has a huge amount of things to do on a level, they therefore take quite long. It is quite clicky - you have to run to collect that the buildings produce, you have to run to order something, then run back to collect. Since you start with only one worker until you can upgrade your house this means you're often waiting, waiting for this person to run around and waiting for resources. However, this is not major as there is so much going on.

Mini Game: There was a switch to a mini game at the end of the level, however, coming back from the mini game I noticed that my time had almost run out, so if the mini games are going to interfere with getting 3 stars that would be a negative for me. There is a skip, I did skip the game after playing it once since it didn't return to the board, I don't know if this affected the time.

What's different? Two things mainly, you have an inventory button and personal enchantments. With the inventory you sometimes need to collect raw materials and then click on inventory and create the item from the raw materials. This aspect I found confusing rather than an added challenge as it wasn't always clear when you had to do this so I found myself unnecessarily clicking on inventory all the time. Also your special items are not shown on the screen but only when you click inventory. The personal enchantments is what your worker wears and you can use them as bonuses and power-ups as well. It seemed that there were more slots than the person could wear so their might be some strategy later on here.

- continued -

Edited on 01/18/2015 at 5:47:25 AM PST

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Jan 18, 15 5:49 AM
- continued from previous post -

I recommend this game to anyone who enjoys the collecting resource games, especially those that enjoy them without timers as there is an interesting story line going on and you might enjoy the mini games. There are also additional challenges similar to Gardens Inc during the game.

However, due to the system resource requirements, please try before you by.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jan 18, 15 9:17 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on The Musketeers: Victoria's Quest here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on The Musketeers: Victoria's Quest .
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgVaiya

simlady40
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by simlady40 on Jan 18, 15 11:44 AM
I am loving this game - love all TM games anyway but this is a different type of TM - involves a lot of strategy working things out but I am loving it - stuck on level 11 though - anyone help please?

doylebaby
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by doylebaby on Jan 18, 15 2:34 PM
It seems like a fun game for the two or three levels I played.

The tutorial is lacking severely though and the icons of what is needed are so small that I have no idea what I am suppose to be looking for.

This especially happens in the level where the seahorse needs to be rescued.
The figure in the bottom right corner is aksing for something and I have no idea what it is. I have more than enough food and wood, but there's nothing else I can accumulate...

Bigger icons and a better explanation would help a lot!

For now it's a no buy for me.

tesamoine
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by tesamoine on Jan 18, 15 3:31 PM
This is a cute TM game and very challenging, in the way that you kind of need to read the developer's minds as to what they wanted you to build first. I needed to shut off the custom cursor to get the game to stop lagging. The inventory and the items you need to build certain things or to give to certain people is in VERY small print. I do like it though. There is a relaxed mode which I love in TM games. I would recommend this if you are a hard core TM fan and don't mind restarting levels over to get the resources you need.

mistygem
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by mistygem on Jan 19, 15 9:26 PM
This is a cute enough game, but winds up being tedious due to [Removed by Moderator] an inability to predict resource allocation. I don't mind not getting gold (or even silver) on a first try, but I do mind having run through almost an entire level to find myself one resource short of finishing the level itself.

The game feels like a waste of time with results like that, rather than a fun diversion.

Edited on 01/22/2015 at 10:40:24 AM PST

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jan 21, 15 9:20 AM
BASED ON WHOLE COMPLETED GAME

The basics:

- A resource gathering time management game with a difference. You gather some items which you need to interact with to fashion them into products you'll need in that particular level.

- In addition to the usual bonuses such as 'run faster' etc, you also have boosters; collected throughout the whole game.

I'll start by saying that I first disliked this game, because the tutorial wasn't very clear on exactly how important the + 1 Stone or + 1 Wood were and many of us gamers ran out of resources and got confused.

Once I understood how this works, I began to 'get' how the developers wanted us to think and strategise and I couldn't put this game down. It has literally dominated 2 days and nights of my life.

The graphics look lovely, clear and bright with beautiful colours on my screen and it played flawlessly on my Windows 7, 64 bit computer.

It becomes very important to use those switch boosters wherever you can which, at first was tedious, but you soon get used to doing it. You'll collect many boosters right until the end, but those two are the only ones you switch a lot - the rest you simply put on the figure according to the level.

From level 37 onward it becomes very challenging and you really need to look at the screen closely before you begin to figure out the only path you can possibly take, because often from then onward there is only one right way, regardless of the stone and wood booster.

It's a nice story and the ending hints at a sequel. I really hope so.

Did I do this in 3 star time? No chance. I played on Multi-click and in the later stages the game throws so many curveballs. However, Multi-click will let you finish a level if you run out of time, which happens incredibly quickly. I'm interested to see the developer's video walkthrough to get 3 stars on every level when it's released. Some levels took me 30 minutes or more.

If you have a spare PCC and you like a good challenge (as well as this type of game), I think this is definitely worth it. It's worth a demo at least. I'm glad I didn't throw it in the trash, which, to be honest, was my first reaction.

Happy Gaming!

[Post New]by kittiekat10 on Jan 21, 15 4:39 PM
I got through to the end too. I found it so much fun, that I found myself still playing at 2 in the morning. No mean feat for me. My husband kept saying "I'm on my way". The last level is the most fun, as you really need the boosters right off the bat.

[Post New]by Dorth1 on Jan 23, 15 1:52 PM
I played this game from beginning to end without any technical difficulties. It was at times exasperating (level 37 led me to the forum; the traders looked like soldiers to me and threw me off, but the forum saved me an ignominious defeat). Sequencing is important pretty much throughout the game, although there's a wee bit of forgiveness here and there. I didn't think I was going to enjoy it when I first opened it up, but I decided to give it a chance and I'm glad I did. The game was challenging but doable. Well done developers and testers.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Feb 1, 15 12:15 AM
This was fun. I've never played this type of game before, and thank goodness for the relaxed mode. Maybe I'll try it again some day with the timer on, but for now I just enjoyed the story.

I hope there's a sequel to this game. I am left with only one question: What the heck were the different Musketeers saying as they ran around gathering up things?

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Feb 8, 15 1:11 PM
I don't normally do reviews, but I have to say that this one deserves a positive review from someone who finds time management games incredibly frustrating. I can think and strategize my way through any problem, but doing it quickly is another story.

So, on behalf of all those players like me who love games like this UNTIMED, I give this one , because the untimed option is truly untimed - no penalties! You can get 3 stars on every level, simply by completing it! (For those TM fanatics who find that infuriating, keep in mind people like me feel the same way about people who use hints, skips, and walkthroughs all the way through IHOGS and still get all the achievements at the end.)

There is still plenty of challenge, for me anyway, because you still need to use the special items appropriately or you'll run out of resources and have to replay anyway. You also have to be able to find the correct order to use them in or, again, you'll have to replay. You may run out of stones working your way to the quarry, so you can rebuild it to supply you with stones, then have to go back and figure out what you wasted stones on that can wait until after you get the quarry rebuilt.

And finally, the characters are adorable and well done and the story line is fun. This will probably be one of very few TM games that I've ever managed or bothered to finish. I usually have to give up because I'm just not fast enough to finish any of them, even in bronze time.

Edited on 02/08/2015 at 1:13:52 PM PST

mom68
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by mom68 on Feb 9, 15 1:27 PM
I bought this game thinking it'd be fun...boy was I wrong. I've restarted level 19 three times now. You have to keep switching your bonuses to increase your collected resources...and if you don't you cannot proceed. I wish I'd never bought this game. I'm even playing in relaxed mode. This game is not relaxing. I actually believe I'll stop playing this game and switch to another game to play instead. That's how much this game angers me.

This is probably the worst review I've ever given a game.

Awful stuff.

[Post New]by victorianartist on Feb 26, 15 8:52 AM
Well, I think this game is OK and I prefer TM all the time. But this one is cluttered beyond reality and everything is sooooooo tiny that you have problems seeing stuff. Games are not always or younger players.

I find it challenging and confusing, but as others have stated, the real frustration is getting almost through the level to discover that the way I am going is not the way the Dev's intended and I have to start over. That element can be improved on. It seems they were chuckling while making it knowing full well it would be irritating and frustrating to some.

Recommend relaxed mode to get the hang of what is needed. I do think better game information/tutorials ... whatever would be a plus.

Game is on the right track, it just needs a bit of fine tuning. I would buy it when it is on sale because you might find it too frustrating. I like to enjoy my games, not get upset by them. And I always like to play them over again.

I turned music off, and am finding my way through this maze.

[Post New]by CleanN_Funny on Feb 28, 15 5:12 AM
I love this game up until around Level 10. From there on I would not call it "challenging" (which would be great); rather, IMPOSSIBLE. The instructions are vague and coyly placed. You really have to go digging into forums and walkthroughs to find answers and even after that, I hit a wall. Very disappointing. Hence, I cannot and would NOT recommend this game.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Mar 12, 15 8:39 PM
Bought this without demoing it. Kind of a dorky, slow game for a gathering game. Good thing it was a credit purchase.

[Post New]by treya2 on Mar 21, 15 8:29 AM
Why does this game crash after a hour or so of playing - you are then forced to start the level again. i love time management games but this one is becoming really annoying. I have bought this game and i,m quite disappointed. Does any one out there have an answer to this problem.

lacard
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by lacard on Mar 24, 15 1:58 PM
Agree with other reviewers. Playing in any mode can get frustrating. You have to be absolutely precise in your timing and pick-up pattern. For me that's the downside. I prefer games that allow players to come up with multiple solutions to the quest. So many restarts gets old fast.

chockie
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by chockie on Sep 16, 15 11:48 PM
I just want you to know. This is the best TM game I have played in a long time and trust me I play a lot as I am retired and love to fill in my time with strategy games like these.
Thank you Big fish and I hope there will be a sequel soon.

Go to: