ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Indonesia-- Screwdriver-- Drop Rate Test

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Jan 18, 15 6:42 PM
So, I've had a terrible time trying to get screwdrivers from Indonesia. So, I conducted a test..

I played each mode 6 times, for a total of 24 visits to the city. Here are my results for accruing screwdrivers..

By the way, they are NOT available in Fast Shopper Mode..

Fast Shopper 0,0,0,0,0,0
Picture 0,0,1,0,1,1
Picky 0,1,0,0,1,3
Silhouette 0,0,1,0,0,1

Out of 24 visits, I received a total of 10 screwdrivers. So, if I'm figuring right I'm only receiving a screwdriver 40% of the time... not good.

At a request of 240 (approx) screwdrivers (for the entire blue print quests) and a 40% retrieval rate that means I need to visit each mode 99 times to complete that phase or a total of almost 400 visits to Indonesia.

I know we have a lot of whizzes out there. Would someone, if so inclined, please track their screwdriver rates and let us know what you get. Or tell me if my thinking is off.

I'm trying to see if it's that low of drop rate or if it's random or what the heck is going on..

Because otherwise, my out buildings on the museum may never get built.. unless of course, they change the drop rate.

Alikatt8
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

Re:Indonesia-- Screwdriver-- Drop Rate Test

[Post New]by Alikatt8 on Jan 18, 15 7:16 PM
I agree the drop rate is appalling and will start a small test as well, we get far too many coins and not enough resources.

I also can't figure why we have to 'fly' there, Im clicking the 'continue' button more than Im getting screwdrivers, thats for sure, lol

And, whilst on this train of thought, why can't we get resources for Museum Estate build in the 3 new cities, Apple Orchard, Train Roundhouse and Sculpting Studio, just a thought as I was clicking madly away, at this point I don't need the extra coins in the Collections ie 5000 but if it were Gold bars, mmmm, much better incentive.

Ive started a list of what we need as there are two parts I think for Level 1 alone, and its horrifying what is required, yes we'll be collecting for the next 3 months, that's for sure.

Alikatt8
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by Alikatt8 on Jan 18, 15 9:40 PM
Back again,
did a 20 min. 'test' & it seems every 3 trips, I only received one fuel back, so even the fuel drop rate ain't that fantastic.

So in visiting Indonesia 14 times I used 17 fuel (only twice asked for 2 fuel) and received 10 fuel back in total - there's a loss! the rest of the items I received in 14 trips:

12 roof tiles
6 oil cans
11 screwdrivers
6 gravel
1 cement bag
4 concrete bricks
4 steel rods

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Jan 18, 15 10:58 PM
I have visited Indonesia 64 times and have 34 screwdrivers - a drop rate of slightly more than 53%. As for fuel - haven't spent any GOLD on fuel yet, Egypt and Indonesia have been good to me.

Now if I could just find the dang blueprints...

Cheers

Edited on 01/18/2015 at 10:59:48 PM PST

mojitomomma
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by mojitomomma on Jan 19, 15 6:35 AM
I am at Connoisseur level in Indonesia. I am charged 2 fuels every time I am in silhouette mode but only 1 fuel for all the other modes.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Jan 19, 15 6:50 AM
mojitomomma wrote:I am at Connoisseur level in Indonesia. I am charged 2 fuels every time I am in silhouette mode but only 1 fuel for all the other modes.

Yes, same here. They are supposedly looking into it. The same thing happens in Argentina (I think). Plus silhouette is coming before picky shopper.. weird stuff.

barbarasofie
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by barbarasofie on Jan 19, 15 6:59 AM
I didn't write down what I got so far... but I will try. Not lots of screwdrivers anyway....
I think the devs made sure, that not thousands of players will shout for a new update too soon....

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Jan 19, 15 7:22 AM
I've just gone back for 4 visits (working through professional level): was charged one fuel for three of them but 2 for silhouette.
My result:
Fast: fuel x1 ; steel rods x1; cement x1; gravel x1
Picture: fuel x2; screwdriver x1; oil can x1
Silhouette: fuel x2; screwdriver x1; steel rods x1;
Picky: fuel x2; screwdriver x1; roof tiles x2

I guess that like for so many other things, it is pretty random what we get, although there does seem to be some consistency with the fuel charge. Here I have got screwdrivers on 3 out of 4 and a good fuel return - so I think it is just chance.

By the way, I thought Silhouette always came before Picky?

crisgori
Minnow
Minnow
241 Posts

[Post New]by crisgori on Jan 19, 15 9:19 AM
Indonesia - Guru
Screwdrivers drop rate

Picky : 1.1.0.0.1.0
Fast : 0.0.0.0.0.0
Picture : 0.0.0.1.1.1
Silhouette ( cost : 2 fuels) : 0.0.0.0.1.0