Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Fantasy Mosaics 6: Into the Unknown here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 19, 15 12:50 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 01/19/2015 at 5:04:15 AM PST

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Fantasy Mosaics 6: Into the Unknown here.

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Jan 19, 15 5:04 AM
Good morning!

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Fantasy Mosaics 6: Into the Unknown here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Fantasy Mosaics 6: Into the Unknown.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgGlithui

[Post New]by MarkAlan727 on Jan 19, 15 6:23 AM
I enjoy picross, nonogram, hanjie puzzles. But I've yet to see one in this series that does not aggravate me. It's missing many features that the others series all have. Since it's impossible to count the grid with the mouse since you cannot press the right-mouse button to cancel a line you're dragging, it's extremely annoying. Graphics are poor. The music is very repetitious, and I would not even classify it as 'music'. There is no way to "Restart" a puzzle if you make a mistake. You will have to exit to the Menu each time and sit through the slow intro that cannot be skipped again and again. And because of the previously mentioned missing feature, you will make mistakes.

If these puzzles are solely solved by logic (as the blurb reads) then why is it necessary for all these different power-ups? As I recall, there were many puzzles in previous "Fantasy Mosaics" series that required guess-work at the end of the puzzle to complete, hence the necessity for a power-up.

If you enjoy a good picross, nonogram, or hanjie puzzle you will need to look elsewhere. I would recommend both the "Fill and Cross" or "Gizmo" series.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Jan 19, 15 6:35 AM
MarkAlan727 wrote:Since it's impossible to count the grid with the mouse

You do count the grid with the mouse.

MarkAlan727 wrote:since you cannot press the right-mouse button to cancel a line you're dragging, it's extremely annoying.

I agree

MarkAlan727 wrote:There is no way to "Restart" a puzzle if you make a mistake. You will have to exit to the Menu each time and sit through the slow intro that cannot be skipped again and again.

A new feature in this number 6 (that I didn't see in the others) is a re-start button in the very bottom right of your screen.

Alternatively just make lots of mistakes and it will ask you to re-start.

[Post New]by MarkAlan727 on Jan 19, 15 6:58 AM
JulieJay wrote:You do count the grid with the mouse.

But if you hold down the left mouse button and drag a line to count the spaces in a row or column, you cannot cancel without an error. This feature can be done in other series like "Fill & Cross" and "Gizmo" by pressing the right-mouse button and then releasing both.

Edited on 01/19/2015 at 7:02:53 AM PST

[Post New]by HarvestHome on Jan 19, 15 7:06 AM
MarkAlan727 wrote:Since it's impossible to count the grid with the mouse since you cannot press the right-mouse button to cancel a line you're dragging, it's extremely annoying.

Graphics are poor.

The music is very repetitious, and I would not even classify it as 'music'.

If these puzzles are solely solved by logic (as the blurb reads) then why is it necessary for all these different power-ups? As I recall, there were many puzzles in previous "Fantasy Mosaics" series that required guess-work at the end of the puzzle to complete, hence the necessity for a power-up.

I would recommend both the "Fill and Cross" or "Gizmo" series.

I totally agree with you! This series is seriously lacking compared to similar type of games that are available today. I enjoy the Gizmo and Arizona Rose games.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Jan 19, 15 7:09 AM
Hm. I've played for 40 minutes and am annoyed by the music. It's not as melodic and mesmerizing as the music in Fantasy Mosaics 5. It's more electronic and I may decide to mute it.

Otherwise, the puzzles are fun as usual, although it's annoying that it's hard to see which of the numbers have been crossed off due to the background being so dark.

I'll probably buy this one.

I hope that they finally listened to those of us who want access to the neverending mode at the end without having to replay 20-5 every single time.

kim0530
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by kim0530 on Jan 19, 15 8:29 AM
Well, I played the full demo and I have to say I like it. I do like the music at the beginning but I got annoyed when I was playing. As for numbers, I sometimes had prob lems seeing what numbers that got crossed out. But it's a buy for me.

Wicked500
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Wicked500 on Jan 19, 15 10:30 AM
MarkAlan727 wrote:

But if you hold down the left mouse button and drag a line to count the spaces in a row or column, you cannot cancel without an error. This feature can be done in other series like "Fill & Cross" and "Gizmo" by pressing the right-mouse button and then releasing both.

Yes you can cancel. You have to continue holding the left button and back track, and then go off that area and it should cancel on you. Discovered this by accident.

I bought the game right away. I'm not sure about the extras (powerups) but I'm liking the garden, better than number 5.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Jan 19, 15 10:54 AM
Wicked500 wrote:
MarkAlan727 wrote:

Yes you can cancel. You have to continue holding the left button and back track, and then go off that area and it should cancel on you. Discovered this by accident.

I bought the game right away. I'm not sure about the extras (powerups) but I'm liking the garden, better than number 5.

Yes, I just came back in to say that. Keeping the left button down, come back to the first square and then go up or down 1 and back again (or left or right depending on which way your line is going).

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Jan 19, 15 12:20 PM
I just finished FM 5 last week, and here we have FM 6 . I managed to get through the first two levels before the demo time ran out. So far, I like the addition of the 'replay' button and the new sun power-up, but it didn't seem to activate during my demo time. For me, there was just the right amount of challenge, and I think that the quality of the pictures has improved a bit. I only wish that when I go to visit the garden, I could move my mouse over an object in there and see the name of it since some of the names are amusing to me.

I prefer the Fantasy Mosaics series to Fill and Cross, so FM 6 is definitely on my buy list. Thanks devs for another good game.

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Jan 19, 15 3:11 PM
This is one of my favorite series. Keep them coming!!

MagicMark
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by MagicMark on Jan 19, 15 7:52 PM
Apparently the description is wrong!

It reads:"Puzzles based solely on logic"

Which is what any traditional nonogram should be.

But if you've played "Butterfly" Level 3-1, you will come to a draw at the end. They can be placed in either spot and logically be correct. However, if you should put it in a place that's not intended, you will receive an error and will have wasted your time in getting that gold trophy. Well, I wasted my time playing this demo.

THIS IS NOT A NONOGRAM! THIS IS GUESS WORK!

So please don't lie to me, and tell me that your puzzles are "based solely on logic" when they are not!

Edited on 01/19/2015 at 7:57:49 PM PST

[Post New]by MortimerSnerd on Jan 19, 15 8:02 PM
MagicMark wrote:THIS IS NOT A NONOGRAM! THIS IS GUESS WORK!

I made the same mistake playing other games in this series. They also have levels that can legitimately be played more than one way, and you get penalized it you don't use a powerup. Well, I've never heard of a Picross game that required a powerup anyways.

I like the World Mosaic series. At least they were based on logic and not chance.

Loof
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Loof on Jan 19, 15 8:28 PM
MagicMark wrote:Apparently the description is wrong! It reads:"Puzzles based solely on logic"

I totally agree with you. It is false advertising. Nonograms should NEVER require guessing.

There are many other of these types of games out there, and this series is the only one that I've ever encountered that does not play by the rules. Luck and Logic have nothing in common.

Edited on 01/19/2015 at 8:29:50 PM PST

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Jan 20, 15 10:00 AM
Just finished the main game. I forgot completely about powerups or whatever so can't comment on that.

Unfortunately they still have not fixed it where you can go to endless mode without playing the last puzzle.

For the most part it is logic as it is a picture so you need to figure out where the last piece would logically fit. That being said I save the hints for towards the end for the 2 or 3 puzzles out of 100 that had that issue.

Can't comment on the music as I always mute these type of games.

Chi3165
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Chi3165 on Jan 20, 15 10:29 AM
Same as above, I mute the music, so can't comment on that part.

If you want a time wasting, numbed couple of hours, this is the game for you! And me!

Don't ask me why I enjoy them, but I do - and I enjoy #6. I get gold, but then I work at it - regardless of what the game is called or how it is described.

Folks! It's only a game, I don't get my knickers in a twist if I have to start over - and that's the easiest thing in the world to do. - Just make too many mistakes.

Seriously, this is a great game to play, I do like the different colors. Whether or not I get gold is irrelevant to me.

It seems (if I'm remembering correctly) the "power up" page description is new. New players can only benefit by the explanation. (but then - could be I'm just forgetting the other games have it!)

Have a fun, happy day everyone! It's certainly a buy for me - at least when the next sale comes up.......

Edited on 01/20/2015 at 10:30:09 AM PST

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Jan 26, 15 11:41 AM
Well, I'm done all the main puzzles. I'm fed up with this nonsense of not being able to access the endless mode without re-solving 20-5, so I'm not going to bother.

This garden was a bit underwhelming. Fantasy Mosaics 5 was better, as the music was better and the garden actually had a theme. This one is just an assortment of stuff with little reason for being there.

Edited on 01/26/2015 at 11:42:34 AM PST

angel2shine
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by angel2shine on Jan 29, 15 4:21 PM
This was my first ever game of this type. I loved it. It reminded me of strategy games. AS to picking out which part of the puzzle to do first, and next, would often reveal where to place the pieces, switching colors and detrmining if its asummetrical or evenly balanced on each side. I brought it right away.

[Post New]by sue2earth on Feb 5, 15 9:30 PM
I have every one of the games in this series. I loved 1 -5 but 6 was not a challenge at all.

Go to: