simlady40
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

enough resources - sorted!

[Post New]by simlady40 on Jan 19, 15 3:20 AM
hey everyone

I have finally worked this game out lol - maybe some of you already know this but in order to have enough resources for the level just change the booster to extra stone when you collecting stone then if you come to a wood pile then switch the booster to extra wood - hope that helps

MammawJo
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

Re:enough resources - sorted!

[Post New]by MammawJo on Jan 19, 15 8:16 AM
That makes sense! It would be nice if there was a hint about this every once in a while in the game. I think most people forget about the Inventory during game play. I know I did. Thanks for the tip1

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jan 19, 15 12:51 PM
Thank you from me also, Simlady40.

Your tip works beautifully and now I'm on Level 26 and enjoying the game very much after initially throwing in the towel.

We just need to remember to keep switching!

mvoda
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by mvoda on Jan 19, 15 1:04 PM
where do I find the booster?

AkariNBG
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by AkariNBG on Jan 19, 15 1:25 PM
mvoda
Click on the Inventory button and then on the hat icon at the left of window.

gypsy4191
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by gypsy4191 on Jan 19, 15 5:37 PM
how time consuming and unnecessary though

simlady40
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by simlady40 on Jan 20, 15 12:25 PM
yeh it is a bit time consuming I am enjoying game tho now am totally stuck on level 29 arghghg not enough wood no matter how you play it - any tips anyone?

reclusive
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,169 Posts

[Post New]by reclusive on Jan 21, 15 8:21 PM
I'm stuck on level 5 and have given the game a rest. Like some of you I'm having a little trouble getting how the game works exactly.

However, I do have a question. I click the inventory button and then the hat but all I have there is Victoria's profile and empty blue boxes. How do you even get boosters except for the ones at the bottom of the screen for running faster or working harder like other similar games?

marebito
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by marebito on Jan 21, 15 11:52 PM
@reclusive
They are slowly released throughout the game as special objects that you pick up. I think you earn the first on on level 5 from the fortune teller, and the shoulder bag is in L8. Not sure how it went after that but they definitely add another dimension to the game. I found this to be a challenging strategy/TM game and am still struggling with one last level which doesn't want to be doable in gold time.

Edited on 01/21/2015 at 11:52:27 PM PST

MariaJane
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by MariaJane on Jan 22, 15 6:33 AM
Where is the blue hat in the inventory so that I can gather stones? I can't find it!!

reclusive
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,169 Posts

[Post New]by reclusive on Jan 22, 15 9:40 PM
@marebito
Thank you so much for your help. I was afraid I may have skipped a conversation or missed some game info.

It's a good, challenging game and I hated to not keep playing. Thanks again for answering my question.

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 22, 15 11:46 PM
I hardly ever use the food quick-grow thing - even with two people running around, by the time they both go and collect one thing each then return to the tent, the pumpkins have grown again. Not to mention there was only a bush for a few levels after receiving it, then no bushes at all for a dozen or so levels.

And the wood and stone 1-up going on the same hand is a bit of a pain, when there is nothing on the other.

It's just making the player work for the sake of making the player work. There's no fun in it.

I've tried the switching every time depending on what it is you're retrieving, and I still run out of resources or go over time. I don't mind games that make you think, and I don't mind games that make you start over if you run out of resources on bonus/challenge type levels - I have quite a few of them. But this, on every single level, and timed so close, is starting to wear thin.

Trixietrx
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Trixietrx on Jan 23, 15 10:35 AM
I agree with Shaz. I like a little challenge, and to use different strategies, but this is just getting annoying.

Gquin
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Gquin on Jan 24, 15 5:48 AM
If you had started in relaxed mode there would be no timer and all the pressure would be gone. I tend to enjoy the games much more when they are not timed so I always start out that way. Later, if I really enjoyed the game I may play in timed mode. I understand if you switch you lose your progress, but the beginning levels are very easy and you can regain your progress fairly rapidly, especially if you can't progress any further anyway. Just my thoughts.

Edited on 01/24/2015 at 5:53:40 AM PST

AkariNBG
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by AkariNBG on Jan 24, 15 7:22 AM
Gquin
Every mode has its own progress so you can return to relaxed mode without losing its progress.

Go to: