Level 29 not enough wood to upgrade stone

[Post New]by nefret22222 on Jan 19, 15 2:57 PM
I cannot find enough wood fort he level 3 stone upgrade. I'm using the glove upgrade for chopping wood but there is never enough. I don't upgrade any other building. I tried not building the market but then there is not enough gold to finish the traps. I've tried not building the bakery, but those 2 woods don't matter in the end. I've let the game run waiting for wood from the market and that takes more than 10 minutes after the rest of the game is finished. This should have been a good game but there is no way to get expert on some of the levels and some are too easy.

pinwheels
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Level 29 not enough wood to upgrade stone

[Post New]by pinwheels on Jan 19, 15 4:31 PM
Yeah...Im stuck here too. Market gives some wood but not enough. I cant think of any possible way to do it faster, and when 3 stars run out im at 12 wood, market only giving me food and iron...if you can think of a solution please post here again

suki26
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by suki26 on Jan 20, 15 2:52 AM
Same here. You can finish the level eventually, but it takes forever waiting for wood from the market. I didn't upgrade anything else. Not the hut, or the iron. Nor did I build the bakery.

Perhaps there'll be some sort of different upgrade found later in the game, that you can then use on this level to get a better time?

pinwheels
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by pinwheels on Jan 20, 15 2:58 AM
Yeah, suki26. It is doable but should be doable (if hard) even on three stars, annoying. I thought i found a pattern with the market giving you what you have least of, so i only collected as much wood as needed from the pile, so wood would be what i had least of. It does like that sometimes, but then it started to give me food, which i had 50+ of..

I didnt build the bakery either.

Was thinking about that too, i dont know if upgrades can be used in previous levels? Definetly worth a try, otherwise i have no idea how to solve it. If you try and find something that works, please post here again, and i will do the same.

EDIT: I went back to level 3 to check - it didnt let me use any upgrades from later levels.

Edited on 01/20/2015 at 3:01:51 AM PST

jcballar
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by jcballar on Jan 20, 15 10:07 AM
I'm stuck here, too, and have done the same things that the rest of you have posted. I'm stuck with only 10 wood and the market is only giving me 2 wood every tenth time or more.

Got bored just waiting on wood deliveries from the market so shut the game down. No logic apparent on this level.

boekstart
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by boekstart on Jan 20, 15 11:27 AM
same here, not funny

simlady40
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by simlady40 on Jan 20, 15 12:32 PM
me too - sorry posted another post as didnt realise this was here - how on earth can it be done!?

Rosis123
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Rosis123 on Jan 20, 15 2:13 PM
Ich komme auch nicht weiter aber hoffe das jeman denn Level
trozdem schaft.

Gruss

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jan 21, 15 5:52 AM
Hallo Rosis123

Am Ende musste ich, wie die anderen hier, lange warten bis der Markt endlich genug Holz gab. Dann konnte ich endlich die Quarry auf Level 3 bringen.

Rosis123
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Rosis123 on Jan 21, 15 8:53 AM
Danke Tiger2010

[Post New]by EarlyDays on Jan 21, 15 5:38 PM
I waited until everything else was done before updating the quarry to levels 2 and 3. I was able to more quickly get the amount of wood needed by only taking what I needed from the wood pile when I needed it leaving 10 units after everything else was done. And I did not take the remaining 10 units until after I had received enough from the market to make up the required 15.
I was still not able to complete within the time frame allocated (but I'm not necessarily very good at time management games) but I did get the wood I needed from the market much faster, allowing me to finish the game in a reasonable amount of time.

Edited on 01/21/2015 at 5:44:07 PM PST

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by dianaluna on Jan 22, 15 5:38 PM
Welcome to the pond EarlyDays & Rosie! I have failed this level 29 six times.
I'll try the advice here; if not I'll need a Walkthrough.

Trixietrx
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Trixietrx on Jan 23, 15 9:52 PM
I'm pretty good at time management games, and this level totally pissed me off. There's no sense to what the market provides. At one point, I think I had played for close to 30 minutes, had over 200 food and rock, and still not enough wood (1 short). That's not fun, that's not strategy, that's just pure luck.

I finally got through it, not upgrading the hut, I wasn't going to build the bakery but did by accident, and finally got through it so I can at least continue the game.

And the thing is, some levels are SO easy still. I don't get it. Were they that desperate to get out a strategy game that they didn't even figure in what we'd need in resources?

cielle1
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by cielle1 on Jan 24, 15 2:00 PM
There isnt enough wood in this level is actually a glitch:
From the devs walkthrough on youtube:
There is a glitch in this level that makes it impossible to get 3 stars. You can complete it if you wait for the market to give the necessary resources.
We are sorry for this glitch and we will fix it in the next update on BigFish Games!

So they will fix soon

bevm2997
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by bevm2997 on Jan 26, 15 9:17 AM
Wonderful. At least I know it's not me ! Can the developers also make level 17 "3-starrable" too ?

pinwheels
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by pinwheels on Jan 27, 15 11:44 AM
Phew, thats nice to hear - that it is a glitch, in one way.

Regarding level 17, it is doable, i finished with three stars but as i said in my little walkthrough you really have to be on your toes.

[Post New]by dactulwench1 on Jan 30, 15 4:38 PM
How will we know when they've fixed the glitch? Will it automatically update through the game manager?

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Jan 30, 15 8:10 PM
Even in relaxed mode I had to try twice to get enough wood.

The most important thing to remember is to not build the bakery. If you have at least one melon patch, you don't need it unless it's one of the tasks.

Always use the gloves when you're picking up wood.

Sometimes you have to work back and forth between pathways and destinations to make sure you have enough resources.

annieliz1
Salmon
Salmon
2,640 Posts

[Post New]by annieliz1 on Feb 5, 15 1:51 AM
When will the glitch be sorted please?

marebito
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by marebito on Feb 5, 15 11:08 AM
@annieliz1
If you haven't yet, try DLing the updated version of the game. It's now possible to get through the level with 3 stars. Have fun!

Go to: