bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Legend of Maya

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 20, 15 12:29 AM
A long time ago, in the lands of the Maya...

Princess Kin and Prince Chaac were two children of hostile tribal leaders. Every now and then, the young couple would meet somewhere deep inside the jungle to find some peace. However their secret has been revealed and they were immediately separated from one another.

Filled with rage, Kin’s father decides to promise his daughter to a man who can build the most magnificent city the Maya have ever seen! Prince Chaac has only one chance to be with his love...

Dive into this Maya-fairytale, take on Prince Chaac's mission and construct an outstanding city with many inhabitants! Collect resources and collect as much gold as you can to upgrade the simple houses, temples and production sites and turn them into pompous buildings! Use Voodoo-magic, create magical pearls and unseal locks to make your city grow faster and bigger.

Solve hidden-object games and riddles and lead Kin and Chaac to their Happy Ending!

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Re:Legend of Maya

[Post New]by bribling on Jan 20, 15 1:51 AM
This is a nice game with beautiful graphics. The language is just a bit odd which shows that is not made by English speakers but that's OK, some of the best games are made by people for whom English is a second language.

My only problem with this game is the darn Pop-ups which constantly interrupt me to tell me what to do. There seems to be no way to kill the Tutorial. Each pop-up has an option to Accept the Tutorial (but no option to Deny it) which I continue to get no matter what I do. I know how to play but the Tutorial won't let me play more than a few seconds without popping up to tell me how to play. I had to quit after about 30 min. The Tutorial is so annoying. If you find a way to opt out of it, please post here so I can do that. I bought it with an expiring coupon and would love to continue playing it but without all of the interruptions.

Edited on 01/20/2015 at 1:53:34 AM PST

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Jan 20, 15 2:50 AM
Hello, bribling,

I have sent you a PM.

BK

KBEAR2045
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by KBEAR2045 on Jan 20, 15 6:27 AM
Bearkat could you either post what you sent to bribling or send me a PM with the same into? Thanks I appreciate it.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jan 20, 15 6:40 AM
Bearkat could you do the same for me, I did buy the game and love it, very different match 3..Thank you devs and BF games..

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Jan 20, 15 8:18 AM
To KBEAR2045 and lovely62,

PMs have been sent!

Happy Gaming

BK

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Jan 20, 15 8:48 AM
BearKat would you PM me too when you can with the same info. Or anyone that knows.
Thank you!

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Jan 20, 15 9:17 AM
Can someone simply post here in the forum the solution to the "pop-ups" problem that Bribling described? It is something that might be helpful to many of us.

Lately, it seems that more of BFG's new games have glitches than in the past. Maybe it's just me.

Classicaljazz

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Jan 20, 15 9:31 AM
Yes! Please post on how to stop the pop ups! I would consider buying this game if I can get rid of them.

Juddang
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Juddang on Jan 20, 15 9:40 AM
Yes, what is the big secret? We'd all like to know.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Jan 20, 15 10:37 AM
No secret, LOL!

This is what worked for me:

On the main game scene to the left of the "option" button, there is a button with a question mark on it.

Click on it, then click on the icon beside the words "Tutorial Activate" and it (the icon) will lose the bright green color.

Once I did that the pop ups stopped!

Hope this helps.

BK

edt to add: I really do know my right from my left! Sorry! LOL

Edited on 01/21/2015 at 5:00:26 PM PST

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jan 20, 15 10:40 AM
The Option "Show Tutorial" was shown for me right at the beginning with the Profile name entry -- on the explanation window, bottom left. You turn the Tutorial on/off by clicking on the middle of the icon shown there: green frame around the middle bubble means it's on, light brown (or whatever that is) frame means it's off.

If it doesn't seem to work, or to turn it back on, click on the big question mark to the left. There's a listing of
1) Help pages (listing of several chapters),
2) the Credits button and
3) at the bottom in the middle of this Help related screen are arrows for scrolling through the Tutorial, to the left is a "Tutorial - reset", and to the right is again the Tutorial icon with label "Tutorial - activate" -- and again: click on the middle of the icon to re-activate it (or turn it off there, works as well). IOW, it's not the text that is relevant, but the icon. The text will not change, just the frame colo(u)r.

When I turned it back on, the above mentioned text with the icon was shown for me again on each Tutorial explanation pop up / window.

I'm describing this so detailed, because I also see a little dark green square to the right of my mouse cursor when hovering over something - which is empty. I assume there should be something in it; so if you can't see what I described above, it might be a graphical glitch (no idea about the reason).

Also, when I started the game, the default cursor was none of the three shown under Options. I switched to one of the game cursors to be sure I "see" everything that was attached to the game cursor(s). The empty green square is still there, but clicking the Tut-icon works, in any case.
Good luck.

ETA: lol, BearKat posting at the same time, just that you were much shorter and to the point (hey, would have been easier for me had you posted that earlier ;Þ ) -- leaving my long sermon here, in case there's some graphical issue for others as well. - So far, the gameplay is also very slow for me.

Edited on 01/20/2015 at 10:49:46 AM PST

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Jan 20, 15 4:32 PM
LOL, _DD_,

Will try to be faster next time.

BTW, it you haven't already tried it, you might try clicking on the "High Quality" icon which did speed the game up somewhat without (for me anyway) a noticeable change in the graphics.

It worked for me (though I still wish the game was a little faster).
I also changed the resolutions to 1920X1080, which is where my PC is always set!

The system cursor is a choice in my Options, (I use a custom cursor), and, the word "tutorial" did show up one time in that little green box you mentioned.

Happy Gaming,
BK

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jan 21, 15 9:37 AM
Thank you, BK!

BTW, for me as well there is a cursor in the Options that looks like a system cursor; it just wasn't the one that was used in the game at the start. And as you said that the little green box showed the word "tutorial" for you, there is obviously something different, some graphical challenge .
I'm not going to change the resolution (for any game), but I might try the game again one day (from a different source). So, thanks also for all your hints.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Jan 21, 15 5:22 PM
You are very welcome, _DD_!

I don't usually make changes for a single game either.

I only changed the resolution setting inside this game because leaving them at whatever the game was set at, upon closing the game, kept rearranging the icons on my desktop since my normal resolution setting is 1920X1080!

Got tired of having to drag them back to where I wanted them! LOL

If you get the game from a different source, please let me know if there is something different/better about it!

Happy Gaming,

BK

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jan 22, 15 9:35 AM
BearKat wrote: If you get the game from a different source, please let me know if there is something different/better about it!

oh I forgot - it is out 'somewhere else' since yesterday, but I wasn't in the mood to DL / test it again now (too fast, after these experiences <g> ). If I do, I'll tell you -- will send you a PM!

Thanks for the resolution explanation; I understand.

Go to: