simlady40
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

level 29 - arghgghh help

[Post New]by simlady40 on Jan 20, 15 12:29 PM
I am totally and utterly stuck on level 29 - I have tried every way i can but there is never enough wood to build the stone shack and upgrade it three times - i tried to upgrade stone shack at beginning but that didnt help cos then i ran out of wood to do other things - help anyone

I have worked out at start of level you need to go to the right to get to the melon patch then build the iron mine then build the craftmans house cos otherwise you cant get to the toxic traps but after that i can get to the very end but cannot get enough wood to upgrade stone shack.

Re:level 29 - arghgghh help

[Post New]by playergrandma on Jan 20, 15 8:56 PM
I played with no timer ok make sure your using the purse to get lots of stones also the medal for the patches don't worry about the craftsman house right now clear path to both pumpkin patches build the iron first then the quarry don't worry about upgrading until later clear way to the market then the craftsman house you should be able to build it now you don't need the bakery you can upgrade the tent so you have 2 workers once you have opened the pile of wood change to the gloves after you clear the wood change back to the purse build the market you will get what you need from the market to upgrade the quarry hope this helps

simlady40
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by simlady40 on Jan 21, 15 5:32 AM
Thanks I will try that :-)

toomuchsht
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,155 Posts

[Post New]by toomuchsht on Jan 22, 15 1:42 PM
Playing without timer I FINALLY finished. My problem was the wood also. The market kept giving me everything BUT wood. I re-started 4 times.....aaarrrrgggghhh

faboomama
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by faboomama on Jan 26, 15 10:18 AM
Also on my 4th time on this level. The market gives me everything but wood. I'l try again with playergrandma's tips. I didn't think of changing to the purse once I have the market open.

Deewani
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Deewani on Feb 10, 15 6:42 PM
I've been able to consistently get 3 stars on this level. If you are having a "wood" problem, you may need to uninstall and reinstall the game to get the updated version where the glitch is fixed (check other posts about this). If that's all okay, then here is how:

Make sure to always change bag and gloves in inventory; it should also be set on the necklace for instant rejuvenation of the pumpkin patch and the medal for extra collections. Each time these "fill up" on your screen (lower right corner), click on them as soon as you collect what's already there--even when you only have 1 patch and the iron mine, otherwise you're wasting that resource. I used the "pick" work faster bonus the most, with one or two "boot" run faster. I upgraded the camp for a second man, but didn't build the bakery, and only collected enough wood from the woodpile for each next step, while racking up the rest, which forced the market to give me more wood.

Start by going right to the pumpkin patch, then go to iron mine and build it. Then go to the trail that leads to the second patch and the quarry. When you get near the pumpkin patch, upgrade the camp for your second man. Clear to the patch first, then go to the quarry and build it. Go back and head toward the craftsman's cottage. Let your second man work toward the market as time AND RESOURCES PERMIT (don't use up wood you'll need elsewhere to save a few seconds), but always keep an eye on both pumpkin patches and collecting mine/quarry output, using the instant buttons when possible. Clear the trap on the way to the woodpile first, chop enough wood to build market, clear path to market and build it. Pick up resources on path to bakery, but stop at the trap and ignore it for awhile. Upgrade the quarry to the next level as soon as you can after market. Clear the traps and repair the exit road, leaving the trap by the bakery until next to last (craftsman can clear it while workers fix holes in front of final trap). You may have to work out your own timing for when you add a guy and upgrade the quarry, but you should be able to get 3 stars with some time to spare. Good luck!

[Post New]by Terry1969 on Feb 11, 15 4:53 AM
I can't get any where because I don't have enough food when I start the level. Does the update fix this?

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Feb 11, 15 9:36 AM
Terry1969, even with the update supplies are really scarce on this level, but you should update anyway. There are other levels that the update helps with, too, and there's no point in pulling your hair out needlessly.

I'm playing untimed, so the strategy may be different if you're timed, but the first thing I did was work my way to the melon patch on the right and don't remove a single thing you don't have to remove to get there. You also have to be absolutely certain to switch between the gloves and the bag every time you are about to clear any rock piles or stumps. If you miss a single +1 bonus on any of them, you won't be able to finish the level.

Once you have a steady supply of food from the melon patch, you can clear any obstacles in your way that only require food to get rid of them. Don't repair anything that uses stone until you have to. Also, since I played untimed, I didn't upgrade the tent and made Victoria do all the work until I had the Market built. That was to save wood.

As well as I can remember, this is the order I did things in:
1) Clear the melon patch on the right.
2) Cleared and collected resources from all logs, stumps, and rock piles that I could reach without using rocks to get there.
3) Cleared my way to the iron mine and fixed that.
4) Cleared my way to the craftsman's house and fixed that.
5) Cleared my way to the market and fixed that.
6) Wait around a lot until the market gives you enough wood to get up to the quarry and fix that. (For some strange reason, the market only started to give me wood when I stopped collecting the iron from the mine. As long as I kept picking up the iron, the market only gave me gold and iron and occasionally food. When stopped collecting the iron, the market finally started giving me wood.)
7) Upgrade your tent once.
8) Clear the other melon patch.
9) Clear your way to the wood pile and collect it all.
10) Clear your way to the bakery and fix that.
11) Now that you have a steady supply of resources, you can upgrade anything else to help you finish getting rid of the last traps.

Deewani
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Deewani on Feb 11, 15 6:58 PM
Terry1969, food really shouldn't be a problem, so I'm not sure what you're doing wrong. First thing, go into your inventory and make sure you have put the right necklace on--it's the single strand with the jewel at the bottom, looks a bit like a star design. That will trigger the pod button to be used. The pod button will be on the bottom right of your screen (you should have the medal on as well, and there should be a second button with a tied bag, which is for extra resources). The pod will show dark until it fills, then you will see the pod in white. When you click on it, it instantly brings the pumpkins back. Whenever the pod button is ready, pace your moves to collect food, hit the button, then collect food again. Also, you start by clearing the path right to the pumpkin patch/food bush, collect the food, and then collect food as soon as it is ready. It should work out that Victoria collects food, picks up a resource or fixes a spot in the road, collects food, makes another move, collects food, etc. The timing of the blooming for the patch usually works out so that she can pick up two resources or fix one spot between food collections. Obviously, the farther she gets from camp, the longer the "between moves" take, so you adjust yourself to fit.

If you follow all the steps I outlined above, you can play timed mode and get three stars (it may take a little practice if you haven't become comfortable with switching assets like bag and gloves in the inventory).

Go to: