Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Royal Flush Solitaire here!

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 21, 15 12:35 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 01/21/2015 at 5:52:32 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Royal Flush Solitaire here!

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Jan 21, 15 5:53 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Royal Flush Solitaire here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Royal Flush Solitaire.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

Edited on 01/21/2015 at 5:53:50 AM PST

kim0530
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by kim0530 on Jan 21, 15 9:06 AM
I really love this game. I don't know poker so I have to use the tutorial for help. I finally know the difference between a flush and royal flush. I did have problems with the game in the beginning. 1. screen didn't fit (was too big) 2. Had to update my C++.Finally gotten that fixed. What I had to laugh is the police raid. Yep, a police raid. What happens is when you have to get rid of a card you have to shot the gun until the police shows up and then you are forbidden to shot any card. First time that happened to me I was shocked. I didn't expect it. I think there's something regarding to FBI (not sure) but for now, I have to pay the police again. lol.. Anyway, I'm hoping people can start playing.. its really fun.

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Jan 22, 15 12:55 PM
Took me a minute to get the hang of the game & then it was just repetitious & boring. I guess if your a poker player you just might like this computer game. There are just too many variables & I prefer playing poker with real cards. I guess I'm just a Solitaire kind of girl at heart which I love playing online.

[Post New]by Snowdragon_23 on Jan 23, 15 5:15 AM
A solitaire game where you have to get rid of all the cards on the table by making poker hands with them. The better the poker hand the more points you score. No issues installing or running the game- just not my thing.

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Jan 31, 15 6:16 AM
This is a cross between poker and solitaire. You have to make hands which rank like poker, with better scores for the better hand you get, whilst eliminating all the cards on the board.

I enjoyed this game from the start and was a definite buy for me. I do like poker and card games, but they are often the same, but this was a bit different. It's easy at first, but then gets harder, and I've had to replay a few rounds to win. I turned the music off immediately, as I usually do, but the general sounds of the game are quite good, and not annoying. Although I prefer to be able to adjust the level of the sound, rather than just on/off,
There are a few technical niggles, as the game often refuses to play in full screen mode, I don't know why, but it might be to do with my settings, but I just play "normal" screen mode instead.

Negatives is that you build up money quite slowly, and some of the extra help and bonuses can be quite expensive, how ANYONE can earn over $100,000 for some of the extra help, I don't know. Plus, you can't replay a level later. You can replay immediately, but you can't go back and replay earlier levels to gain more money! You can if you buy the bonus, but the bonus is very expensive! Plus you NEED money to buy bonuses and help to help you achieve a 3 star finish, which gains you more money! You need to spend money to get money.

Good game, overall, but could be better with a few simple tweeks, such as being able to replay levels without having to spend a massive amount to do so.

Edited on 01/31/2015 at 6:23:47 AM PST

Sherry__Rose
Minnow
Minnow
233 Posts

[Post New]by Sherry__Rose on Feb 20, 15 1:39 PM
This is one incredible game! Both DH and I are completely addicted. It's mostly 5 card poker with a solitaire layout for choosing cards -- a great format and one I hope to see more of. Like Fairway and other solitaire games, there are many power-ups that can be purchased, and there is a bit of humor as well. (Be sure to click on the men and women playing cards in the intro page, and you'll get a surprise!) There are also ways to "cheat" on this game that were apparently built in. For example you'll never have to pay $1200 to replay a game if you stop just before you finish it, and "perfect" hands aren't all that hard to complete, at least on the first tour.
People have complained that the game is too short, ending at the completion of the 9th city of the US East Tour. This is not the case. I completed all nine cities in gold and was unable to see how to get to the next tour, so I wrote Big Fish customer support, including a Dr. Felix report. I received a very nice email back, including a suggestion to update a driver. I did so, went back to the game, and noticed that there was a transparent arrow on the right side of the page showing the nine US East Tour cities. I hadn't seen that arrow before, but I may have just missed it earlier. I clicked on that arrow and was taken to the Western Europe Tour! So it appears that this game is much longer than it looks. It also seems to be tied into physical days played, as one can choose a new power-up each day, and some of the trophies are for playing, say, 21 cities in 21 days, one each day. BTW Hubby recently finished this game, and it is very long!
I highly recommend this game for poker/gaming enthusiasts, and I hope there will be more of this new genre to come.

Go to: