Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Hidden Expedition: Smithsonion Castle here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 23, 15 12:36 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you're using.

Edited on 01/23/2015 at 6:07:41 AM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Hidden Expedition: Smithsonion Castle here

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Jan 23, 15 6:07 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Feb 22, 15 1:32 PM
Using Windows XP, the game freezes after I remove the book from the shelf and try to access it. Anyone else having this problem?

[Post New]by estelle2 on Mar 8, 15 5:38 PM
--On the Tower roof, and the HOG isn't opening. Need an article from that game to continue. I'm going to uninstall & re-install the game, playing with a different name to see if it happens again. Will let you know if that works. Bummer to have to play it over to that point in game.

Tower scene HOP isn't opening….

[Post New]by MrmAlways on Mar 9, 15 3:34 AM
estelle2 wrote:--On the Tower roof, and the HOG isn't opening. Need an article from that game to continue. I'm going to uninstall & re-install the game, playing with a different name to see if it happens again. Will let you know if that works. Bummer to have to play it over to that point in game.

Same problem here with Mac OS. HOP tower scene is not working. Cannot go further without item to put on trap door which comes from HOP according to the walkthrough guides.

[Post New]by estelle2 on Mar 9, 15 7:30 PM
--I uninstalled, re-downloaded & re-installed the game, plus changed my name. When I finally got to the tower the hidden object puzzle worked. Hope this helps someone. I have a PC with Windows 7.

[Post New]by Thorneymonster on Apr 5, 15 8:58 AM
I am having the same problem. The HOP is not opening. I am playing on a MAC OS as well. Really disappointing as I was enjoying the game. Will uninstall and install again. Fingers crossed.

estelle2 wrote:--On the Tower roof, and the HOG isn't opening. Need an article from that game to continue. I'm going to uninstall & re-install the game, playing with a different name to see if it happens again. Will let you know if that works. Bummer to have to play it over to that point in game.

[Post New]by judieshel on Jun 14, 15 6:36 AM
just bought this but can't get it to open. I get a message stating error: access violation at 0x02AC092E (tried to write to 0x00000000, program terminated)
can you help

problem giving woman Thomas' ledger

[Post New]by freemak on Jun 23, 15 7:47 AM
I do not have Thomas' ledger to give to the woman and I cannot exit the room I am in. Do I have to start all over?

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 24, 15 8:48 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm so sorry to hear that players are having issues with this particular game. Definitely doesn't make things fun.

Thanks estelle2 for providing suggestions on uninstalling and reinstalling the game. It looks like this helped you to progress in this game. If players are still experiencing issues with the hidden object puzzle as well as freezing issues, it may be helpful to look at the following help article for hints:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

judieshel, it may be helpful to look at the following help article regarding the error message you are seeing:

Access Violation

freemak, it looks like the ledger should be available in the library. I'm going to include the walkthrough below for more information. Please reference Chapter 5.

Hidden Expedition: Smithsonian Castle Walkthrough

By obtaining the ledger and following the steps in the walkthrough, you should be able to exit the room you are in.

If any players are still having issues, please contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They are always willing to help in any way that they can.

I hope this helps! Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by Shielaaus on Jun 24, 15 3:43 PM
Hi. I'm playing hidden Expedition smithsonian castle on an iPad. I am unable to pick up the pieces of paper that make up the instructions for the oscillator. I can move them using the glass rod, but can,t get them to drop on the window sill. Has anyone else had this problem? I have uninstalled and reinstalled once already. Thanks

[Post New]by megbetty on Jun 29, 15 4:19 AM
Mac game. 2nd floor, the archives. I have the combination,but I can't enter it. That is what the hint tells me to do.

[Post New]by Carriefmartin on Aug 20, 15 1:32 PM
My issue is also in the archives, Im completely stuck. No hints or "places where I need to do something working". I'm lacking a silver bird that is supposedly in a cabinet that I've already opened and I can't gain access to. mac book pro

Go to: