Edited on 01/23/2015 at 6:08:02 AM PST

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Hidden Expedition: Smithsonion Castle here

[Post New]by roaming on Jan 23, 15 2:40 AM
I stopped the demo after 38 minutes.

There are entirely too many puzzles in this game. At every turn there's yet another puzzle. All of the HOS I encountered so far are the graphic kind, i.e., no word lists.
There are custom settings for difficulty level, and the inventory bar locks open.
The plot seems to involve people getting sucked into time vortices -- not much different than getting sucked into a fantasy fairytale land like we had so much of in 2014, just a change in setting, so that's a yawn.
And then there are the entirely superfluous and annoying Smithsonian fact cards and video histories.
The artwork and voiceovers are adequate but nothing spectacular.
The music must be okay, because I didn't notice it.

+1/2 only because it wasn't awful.

Edited on 01/23/2015 at 2:49:50 AM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Jan 23, 15 6:08 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Hidden Expedition: Smithsonian Castle here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Hidden Expedition: Smithsonian Castle.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgLianorm

Edited on 01/23/2015 at 6:08:19 AM PST

polarglen
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by polarglen on Jan 23, 15 10:21 AM
I made the mistake of buying (on the basis of previous offerings in this series) without trying first. Wasted the money. Don't think I played more than two minutes if you deduct all the "talking" from playing time. Never again will I buy a Hidden Expedition.

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 23, 15 4:26 PM
I bought the CE as I liked the game, especially the puzzles as they are my favourties. I also played the SE, all I can say is I loved it and a big thank you to the devs.

heleanthia
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

[Post New]by heleanthia on Jan 23, 15 4:37 PM
Hidden Expedition has gone downhill.
This game was(although visually beautiful) , very boring. I think back to the early days when the very name "Hidden Expedition" promised a fabulous game experience.
Sometimes one has to know when to end a series.....

jengun
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by jengun on Jan 24, 15 3:46 PM
I do prefer puzzles to hidden object scenes and used a coupon for this but ended up being somewhat letdown. I found the puzzles to be way too easy. It just did not provide a challenge for me.

Go to: