Big Improvements

[Post New]by Gothicrose100 on May 20, 09 5:11 PM
Has anyone ever managed to gather enough money to make some of the big Improvements, like remodeling?

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

Re:Big Improvements

[Post New]by Lauralei on May 20, 09 5:20 PM
Gothicrose (love your name), some players are so good at making money. I really wasn't. In the beginning I spent money as soon as I made it on the smaller improvements and saved up for the pool, a thrill. Finally after being a bit more frugal (just buying the radio and bedding) I managed two of the improvements in the second generation and am saving up for the third. It takes time to build up the funds.

Tedi1
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Tedi1 on May 20, 09 8:29 PM
Usually after a generation or two your family can afford the improvements. When they do, there is quite a large increase in the progress of their career levels. (Each time they complete a work cycle, the progress is much larger than in a room not upgraded. I hope this makes sense!)

gran49
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by gran49 on May 20, 09 8:29 PM
I'm hoping that buying the on sale groceries helps ...and I keep them busy working on thier careers and collecting "collectibles"... funny how they earn $ selling those on the web!!

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on May 20, 09 11:46 PM
I have the 2nd upgrade on all 3 rooms and the 3rd upgrade on the office. I have all the stuff for the house excepting the pinball machine. I buy groceries when needed or on sale only. I did not buy a bunch of stuff for the house until I had all the rooms upgraded 1 time. I did buy a couple of the cheap things, but nothing expensive like the pool or treadmill. I always, when I heard the chimes, looked for collectibles and made sure my people married someone with a higher salary. A pen maker just doesn't cut it, lol. Hope this helps.

TWNADINE
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by TWNADINE on May 21, 09 7:30 AM
I have one family with all level 3 work areas. They are living like Trump!!! Swimming pool, patio, barbeque, birds chirping to the left and the right. A nice soft hammock in the back yard. All the frills of entertainment in the house. Eating ribeyes, lobsters, and steamed veggies daily.

Atropos
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by Atropos on May 21, 09 9:51 AM
My first generation had two house upgrades and the pool, radio, towel warmer and birdhouse.

I learned to quit the game every night and leave them alone for a while. They did much better without me.

I also now quit for a few hours during the day.

4Pip
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by 4Pip on May 22, 09 6:13 PM
I had one family - first generation - that got all three rooms upgraded by the time they were 73. Husband was an engineer, wife was QA engineer. They had one boy, who studied a lot and became a poet (low starting salary, but he inherited an updated house and made $520 by the time he reached level 8). This family also managed to complete both the coin and leaf/nut/twig collections. I left all extra work, i.e. shed, fountain, floors (but not the leaky hose/window box watering), until the second generation. By the way, I did not have to open the shed to water the window boxes. I placed the man on a window box and he produced a watering can from the bushes. He proceeded to the leaky hose, found that he couldn't fill the can. I showed him the hose and handed him the tape. He did the rest and then

Cheesa
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Cheesa on May 23, 09 12:00 PM
I'm on second level for kitchen & office, have almost all the store upgrades & am now on my second generation in both families. I will agree w/the others that they earn more when the game is off.

kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by kore21 on May 23, 09 5:28 PM
i have only 1 character using a level 3 workspace.

she was able to level her job to level 2 very quickly. however it seemed to slow down raising to level 3.

seems to be the case with the level 2 workspace as well.

Go to: