bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Plants vs. Zombies forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 20, 09 11:00 PM
Welcome to Plants vs. Zombies forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Plants vs. Zombies players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Gwennoel
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

Re:Welcome to Plants vs. Zombies forum

[Post New]by Gwennoel on May 21, 09 8:21 AM
This game is addictive, but I can't get past level 1, & I'm fast with the planting, any suggestions ?

[Post New]by ProfessorH on May 21, 09 12:36 PM
Gwennoel wrote:This game is addictive, but I can't get past level 1, & I'm fast with the planting, any suggestions ?

Hopefully you already figured this out. The key to the early levels is to balance planting sunflowers and shooters. Sunflowers give you extra sunrays.

Goofy me tried the first night level without planting any sunflowers!! It wasn't pretty.

james

Gwennoel
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by Gwennoel on May 21, 09 1:38 PM
I was trying mostly just the shooters, I'll try this..............thanks ! I wasn't planting many sunflowers !

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on May 21, 09 3:33 PM
Goofy me tried the first night level without planting any sunflowers!! It wasn't pretty.

ROTFLMAO I'm sitting here with visions of Zombies coming at you & there's not a darn thing you can do about it.

[Post New]by ProfessorH on May 21, 09 4:42 PM
scotcat wrote:

ROTFLMAO I'm sitting here with visions of Zombies coming at you & there's not a darn thing you can do about it.

I was just being logical -- didn't figure sunflowers would grow in the dark! Just shows that you can't use logic against Zombies.

Haven't finished the game yet but maybe there is a Mr. Spock Zombie so you can logic his head off.

James

Gwennoel
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by Gwennoel on May 21, 09 5:32 PM
Yep, I'm stuck in a level in the dark, & can't get enough sunflowers to beat the zombies.........

katy12250
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by katy12250 on May 22, 09 7:48 AM
ProfessorH wrote:
Gwennoel wrote:This game is addictive, but I can't get past level 1, & I'm fast with the planting, any suggestions ?

Hopefully you already figured this out. The key to the early levels is to balance planting sunflowers and shooters. Sunflowers give you extra sunrays.

james

I've found that you need sunflowers - pretty much a lot of them on the daylight levels - and shooters, but you also need the walnuts to slow the zombies down and buy you time to get the shooters in place. And does anyone else just LOVE the squash??!?

I think the plan on the night levels should be a plant as many of the sun mushrooms as you can - I didn't do any sunflowers and they took up the slack nicely. And you have to plant all the free spoor mushrooms that you can. While not really powerful, they are (1) free and (2) slow the zombies down until you can get shooters, squash, zombie eaters (planting those just behind the walnut has worked fairly well for me), etc.

My problem is on the level with the pool. Yep, I've been invaded several times and the brains are all gone. I'm working on a strategy that involves, maybe, a lot of lilly pads to slow them down. And walnuts. And those wonderful, grumpy squash!

But you also have to balance the one time squash again others that last longer... Brains would hurt over that, but they've been eaten!

I didn't know quite what to expect, and wasn't expecting much, when I demoed this game, but I've really enjoyed it. I can see it as a long term play like Zen Gems and Saquarah. I'd rate this as

Gwennoel
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by Gwennoel on May 22, 09 10:40 AM
I'm on level 2-7, & plant a lot of sun mushrooms, but can't get past the gang of zombies near the end, I almost made it a couple times.

dewieee
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by dewieee on May 22, 09 11:11 AM
I finished the game and really enjoyed it. It's so nice to have a game outside the norm of what has been being offered lately. I found the characters to be funny and my husband would laugh everytime I got my brains eaten. He could hear the scream in the livingroom. I was very surprised when it ended though. I didn't realize it was the last chapter.

This game was well worth the money for me.

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on May 22, 09 11:14 AM
I got as far as 5-7 and had to give up, the phone kept ringing and I lost my tempo, so will have to try again later.

Gwennoel
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by Gwennoel on May 22, 09 11:18 AM
It's really a fun game, hope eventually I get out of level 2-7 !

[Post New]by mjalbers on May 22, 09 12:37 PM
Where is the Macintosh version? Will you guys be releasing it soon? PopCap has developed PvZ for both platforms...

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on May 22, 09 12:41 PM
Now up to 5-9, it does get a lot harder the further you go on.

Gwennoel
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by Gwennoel on May 23, 09 1:59 PM
Ok, what's the secret to getting past the pool ? I love the squash , by the way..........

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on May 24, 09 8:43 PM
I love the pool levels! The key here is the cat tails. Generally the swimming zombies don't show up until after the land zombies have been coming a while. Plant lily pads, and put cat tails on them. If you are short on sun points, plant sea weed in front of them. once you have the points, plant a lily pad and put a tall walnut on it.

On one of the pool levels I experimented with the potato mines. I planted suns in one row, with one shooter and a tall walnut protecting them, and one potato mine at the rear of each of the grass lanes to start. Then I'd just replace the potato mine or add cheap shooter when needed, until I had enough sun points to get a cat tail, then got a second cat tail after there was a cheap shooter in each lane, then added tall walnuts to protect them. When I have lots of sun points, I'll sometimes have 6 cat tails, but it usually works best to have one shooter in each water lane that shoots forward (peas + burning stump is marvelous) in addition to a cat tail or two in each water lane and the tall walnut. The beauty of the cat tails is that they will shoot at zombies in ANY of the lanes, even the very top and bottom lanes. I've even seen them kill miners who have finished tunneling under the lane and are working their way back to the front.

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on May 24, 09 9:00 PM
Oh my! I think my brains are going to be eaten A LOT and/or this is going to be my longest game ever!

Plants vs. Zombies for OSX?

[Post New]by ColleensMac on May 25, 09 8:48 AM
I know that it's out for Mac, but wondered why you didn't get that version? I am a Mac person so I'm lookinjg for a game site that may be a bit more Mac Friendly.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on May 25, 09 12:39 PM
Welcome to the pond! Odds are there was a problem adding the BFG installer to the Mac version. I'm sure it will be out as soon as that's fixed though.

ivillagegrinch
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by ivillagegrinch on May 28, 09 2:07 PM
This game is hysterical. I couldn't get the peanut gallery (aka teenagers) from looking over my shoulder while I was playing it, so now they've taken over from me. I have the last laugh, though! I installed it at work, and finished it there.

Go to: