megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

No white gloves for Margaret's House??

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Jan 25, 15 4:48 PM
I just made it to level 32 and it opened Margaret's house but when I try to play it, it says I have to be careful when I open the photo album and that I need gloves. Well I don't have the gloves and there is no quest to get the gloves...I have checked the entire level and there are no gloves there and every time I end up on this level, I become stuck and have to exit out of it thereby losing my 90 energy points because the rest of the items needed are in the album....

Does anyone else have this glitch? IS it solvable or is it up to the developers to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Megan

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

Re:No white gloves for Margaret's House??

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jan 25, 15 5:52 PM
Hey, Meg. I don't think it is a glitch. However, several people have asked about this so it is something that does not follow the regular flow of quests.

4/9/15 EDIT Oh this is a glitch alright, a really really big glitch. On all the quests where you are opening Mini-scenes, you must absolutely finish FINDING the part and taking it to where you are to use it without shutting down your computer. The problem with this one is the quest to get the gloves comes way before people have GA open. If you get the first Old Friends, Fresh Memories quest let it sit till you have Aunt Margaret's open.

Old Friends, Fresh Memories
Here is what I have for the quest that says, "Hi, this is your Aunt Margaret. I have an old photo album I would like to look at. Can you help me get it open?"

Find the protective gloves. I got them in SD on CON 10/15 silhouette (have no idea if the level or mode have anything to do with procuring the gloves).

Edited: There is, at least, one different quest between getting the gloves in SD and then the one that directs you to go to Margaret's and open the album. Also I did not have Atlanta open when I got the go to GA Margaret's house so there was a gap in time between doing the two quests.

Edited on 04/09/2015 at 6:56:15 PM PST

shooter9325
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by shooter9325 on Jan 25, 15 6:12 PM
Welcome to the club. I am having the same problem that you are having with the gloves. I am on Level 36 going on 37. I talked to OddlyEnuh and she said she found the gloves in South Dakota at Con 10/15. I tried looking for gloves in South Dakota. I Master it 14/50 but could not find the gloves. So I can not unlock the mini scene to open the photo album. Wasting 90 energy every time I go there. I am also having problems opening the mini scene in in the Secret Library. I Master that level also, The same problem with San Francisco and the list goes on. Please Help.
Thanks

Edited on 03/30/2016 at 5:18:21 PM PST

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Jan 25, 15 6:23 PM
South Dakota 10/15...I will make a mental note of that...so weird how it doesn't flow naturally with the game. Most things like that usually don't let you access them until you have all the items. This game has always been a bit off for me though. It gives me quests for things it says I need to be at higher levels for like it can't open til level 46 and Im on 32...or upgrading things that I am nowhere near able to afford. I didn't have like any quests to do in this game for the longest time because I couldn't afford the plane or have the level necessary to do the hidden object scenes that were there. Now i have the quests but can't get the items to complete them...

I usually playing Awakening Kingdoms more and that is the same developer...soooo whats the deal with this one being so glitchy...

Anyways thanks for the help! Shooter sometimes you have to play the same level hundreds of times it seems to get the items. I am doing the museum quests now and I think I just played a butterfly mini game 12 times in a row before I got the item! Good luck!

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jan 25, 15 6:39 PM
Okay, I am right behind you on the quests, Meg. I will keep really good notes and come back here and update this post if it has changed. I did not have a problem first or second time through that quests so we shall see what the third time brings.

Yep, the quests are definitely out of sequence. I got the glove and photo album quest before I had GA open on the second time through. Very often I have had to leave quests sitting there until I got to the point the quest I needed to finish it showed up. I am not sure this is one of those.

I zapped my second game on 1/9 and had to restart it so only just hit Level 27 tonight .....

Edited: There is a difference between the glitch that is happening and just waiting till the quest comes up; please see:
aunt margarets house/photo album

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/358979.page

CRITICAL HINT- Once you actually have the item and the quest to use it DO IT
Don't close your game and think you can do it later - the found item is coming up missing.

Edited on 03/05/2015 at 10:26:03 AM PST

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Jan 25, 15 10:22 PM
you can get paint from the auction house?? good to know!! I have enough of everything just not enough paint so its hard for me to upgrade my buildings! Thank you sooo much for that advice!!!

shooter9325
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by shooter9325 on Jan 26, 15 2:56 AM
Hi megwomen 25, if you get the gloves before me. Please let me know how you did it. And if I get the gloves first, I will do the same. Thanks for your post. PS: I am also playing Awakening Kingdom, feeding the chest and waiting for the update.
Thanks again.

Edited on 01/26/2015 at 2:57:51 AM PST

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

No white gloves for Margaret's House??

[Post New]by wulfruna on Jan 26, 15 4:34 AM
megwoman25 wrote:I just made it to level 32 and it opened Margaret's house but when I try to play it, it says I have to be careful when I open the photo album and that I need gloves. Well I don't have the gloves and there is no quest to get the gloves...I have checked the entire level and there are no gloves there and every time I end up on this level, I become stuck and have to exit out of it thereby losing my 90 energy points because the rest of the items needed are in the album....

Does anyone else have this glitch? IS it solvable or is it up to the developers to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Megan

This does sound like a glitch, as you are not normally asked to find items that are in mini-scenes not yet opened, especially when you have only just arrived at the place!
In quite a number of the HOS locations where the mini-scenes are locked, a message comes up on the screen when you click on the place to say what you will need later on to open it. This can be annoying - but it is just a preparation for where you will have to look when you do eventually get the specific quest for that item. A classic example is the hotel which has been telling us about that broken lift for months - but the quest to open it has only just appeared in the new update...... As you work your way through you will find more examples.

Normally, you have to work Margaret's House up to a higher level and be a bit further on in the game before she pops up in person with the specific quests to open the mini-scenes in the house, starting with the album. As Oddly also says, sometimes the quests pop up out of sequence, but you do need to have the direct quest to find the object (in this case the glove) before you can win it from the place where it is hidden. It is no good going there before you have the quest.

So as you say you are being asked for items in the album before being able to open it, you should definitely report this to customer support for help. It is not normal.

barbarasofie
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by barbarasofie on Jan 26, 15 6:28 AM
OddlyEnuh wrote:
Also play the three new cities to cash in reward for coin and work that auction house! People that are just starting the game are always starved for lumber, brick, and paint. I only turn in the collections for coins once, the rest of those items are always sold on the auction.

Hey, OddlyEnuh, did I get that right? You can sell lumber, brick and other materials in the auction?? (And buy them there, too??) How does that work, I couldn't find out....
Really interested and thankful if it works....

[Post New]by moyo75 on Jan 31, 15 12:41 AM
extra resources are available by completing collections. those items to complete collections come from mini games, quests or through the auction. The higher the levels you get to in mini games or quests are where you will find some of the rarer items to complete some of the collections. Some collections are relatively easy to complete. It depends on what mini games you play. Also, it is a good idea to keep track of what items you pick up from which mini game or which city.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jan 31, 15 7:03 AM
Moyo has the answer, Barb. Generally, one gets lumber, brick and paint from playing the game. Only way to "buy" it is by completing the collections, which would involve buying items from the auction potentially. Since this is a question some newer players might be faced with I will start a thread with the collections used for basic building supplies.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jan 31, 15 7:07 AM
Meg and Shooter, I just finished those two quests - took a couple days for me to get to level 32 to open Margaret's between them.

Got the gloves in SD and then after opening Margaret's with the level up to 32; the gloves appeared in the left hand corner and I was able to lay them on the album placed on the ledger just fine. The first MS opened in GA like clock work.

If either of you still are not able to get the gloves in SD then it is a glitch within your own game. The game itself seems to be functioning fine.

Steverd
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by Steverd on Jan 31, 15 2:00 PM
Add me to the list of No Glove for Georgia. My South Dakota is at 12/20 Professional and still no glove.. I've wasted 90 energy multiple times in George because of this glitch/bug... I will try South Dakota 4 four times and report back.

Steverd
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by Steverd on Jan 31, 15 2:11 PM
NOPE - I took South Dakota to 16/20 Professional and still no glove.
Looks like I just have to skip the "unlock the old photo album" for now..

Any other suggestions?

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jan 31, 15 4:57 PM
I am sorry to say I haven't any suggest.

I see y'all have the ball rolling over on BoomZap already, excellent!

Edited on 01/31/2015 at 8:06:13 PM PST

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Feb 1, 15 5:20 AM
Hey y'all that are missing the Gloves in SD - you didn't happen to skip a quest for buying a truck earlier on did you? Or perhaps some other quest (other than missing the Daily quest) - I mean hitting the SKIP button and paying gold to not do it.

lynnqotw
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by lynnqotw on Feb 2, 15 11:38 AM
I am having the same problem with the gloves for Margaret's House. I remember distinctly completing the earlier quest. Then when I hit level whatever, I went to Margaret's House, but the earned gloves did not appear in the upper left hand corner as expected. I have also wasted a lot of coins trying to re-visit the situation.

The quest pending asks me to unlock the album carefully - and there are hidden objects "greyed out" that are located in the album - but I cannot open said album without said gloves.

I also have a quest pending to look for the AES picture in ... you guessed it ... Margaret's House.

Can the quest be reposted? Can BZ and/or BFG write in the gloves, or tell us how to write in the gloves?

I have also advanced in South Dakota, but (a) that makes no flippin' difference now and (b) if I have already completed the White Glove Quest, I cannot see how going back to SD would ever make any difference.

lynnqotw
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by lynnqotw on Feb 2, 15 11:48 AM
I have thought about starting over in this game, but #dangyall, surely THAT is not the solution. There are things in life that are fun to do over and over again, but piddling through the same hidden object searches for hundreds of times ... no. Just no.

lynnqotw
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by lynnqotw on Feb 2, 15 11:50 AM
and this *IS* a glitch in the game, or, old school, it is a BUG. The first time into a scene should NOT require unlocking a mini-scene. And, once the item for unlocking the mini-scene has been earned, it should be held in virtual inventory until needed. this is actually [at least] TWO BUGS.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Feb 2, 15 4:42 PM
I have the glove glitch on one of my games, also. But that game seems to have regressed on a lot of things. I haven't played in months, so my memory isn't that great about what I had, but I know a lot of my paintings have disappeared off the wall and a lot of my HO scenes have reset to trainee.

Go to: