pegod
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Hint not working

[Post New]by pegod on Jan 26, 15 8:53 PM
I was enjoying the game so I bought it. When I started it up again, the hint button no longer worked. Then I got stuck in the passage to the castle. The only way I can get to the castle is to use the map. I have two of the three film reels, so I cannot view them in the projection room; the key is broken off the door in the bedroom; the ladder in the corridor needs its top half; where do I find the eye for the cart in the passage way? How am I suppose to get to the little cave above the rock slide? have I missed something? I think I am regretting my purchase. Not happy.

Re:Hint not working

[Post New]by Monkeymom1000 on Jan 27, 15 1:55 PM
Same exact thing happened to me. Not happy either.

[Post New]by Jacqueline55 on Jan 27, 15 2:18 PM
How do you fix this

pegod
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by pegod on Jan 27, 15 3:06 PM
Hi Fellow Fishies
I started the game again under a new profile and had no problems. I enjoyed this game once I actually got to play it.

ethan1404
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by ethan1404 on Jan 27, 15 8:40 PM
I too am at the same stage and having all the same problems. Surely, I don't have to start the game over again! So much for reading reviews first before purchasing.

ethan1404
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by ethan1404 on Jan 28, 15 12:16 AM
Well pegod, took your advice and re-started the game too, under a new profile and it also worked fine then and have now managed to finish it. Not sure what the glitch was, perhaps closed down at the wrong time, wondering if the other person also closed down at this stage. But was worth replaying and whilst not the most amazing game, was a good mid-week offering to be able to use all those coupons I am accumulating.

By the way, to those who have suggested problems with games whilst running Windows 8 or 8.1, I have never had a problem unless it is due to the game itself. I currently have 8 updates on my stub which I won't bother with as I have successfully played them all without any bugs or "hiccups". Not sure why this is happening to some and not others however, I do keep my laptop "fine tuned" and have more than enough memory to tackle anything that is offered.

Remember gamers, not just the operating system but as games are getting bigger, as well as graphics and video scenes, with often reality snippets included, these are becoming very memory hungry and can cause freezes/hiccups if our computers can't handle this. But... I am sure you know this, just a wee reminder.

Thanks again pegod for taking the time to help as your suggestion allowed me to finish the game

[Post New]by jayhawkme on Jan 29, 15 3:03 PM
I just bought the game and I am experiencing the same problem at the same spot as the rest of the posters. I really do not want to start the game over, but if that's the only solution, guess I will have to.

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Feb 4, 15 2:45 AM
Oh great, start the game all over again, what is going on with games at the mo, so many problems, I'm not happy that to play the game properly, you have to restart, well I'm not bothering, I'm deleting, it's just not worth the hassle, thanks allot Big Fish, you should be testing these games to make sure they play OK, either that or where ever you get your games, make sure they test them before releasing them!!!! it's not rocket science is it!

I thought I'd give it another go, and try playing again, then I get Error code 2, which is a Windows Vista error, I don't have Vista, I have Windows 8.1 64 bit!!!

Edited on 02/06/2015 at 12:34:54 AM PST

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Feb 5, 15 7:20 PM
The hint drops from the top of screen in the middle. Just press the top and a ghost comes down with with blue eyes. You have to wait for eyes to be bright then you know it's loaded

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Feb 9, 15 11:31 AM
I downloaded the game again, and restarted it, like another member said, and so far so good, I really hope I've not jinxed myself by saying this!!

Go to: