crisgori
Minnow
Minnow
241 Posts

Collectible Rewards Room

[Post New]by crisgori on Jan 27, 15 12:06 AM
How could we complete a collection if the items are no more available, such as the Porcupine or the Victorian Staffordshire or the Shot of France? Some of them are not auctioned either, so what should we do?

Alikatt8
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

Re:Collectible Rewards Room

[Post New]by Alikatt8 on Jan 27, 15 12:24 AM
I think the only way to complete a Collection without these items being available is to 'buy' them for gold bars. I believe some items have been missing for months and months.

crisgori
Minnow
Minnow
241 Posts

[Post New]by crisgori on Jan 27, 15 12:34 AM
Yes, but they are missing from the auction. And yes, we have to buy it with gold. How painful!

Edited on 01/27/2015 at 12:42:21 AM PST

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Jan 27, 15 4:56 AM
Even if they do appear in the auction, it is usually for horrendous prices!! Because they are rare items, sellers take advantage of the market.....

[Post New]by hellsfury64 on Jan 29, 15 4:33 PM
keep checking the auctions, sometimes someone is nice and drops the price and sometimes those gold bar prices end up being less than the cost of buying for coin would be.

gleamrob
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by gleamrob on Jan 29, 15 7:15 PM
I got the million bars of gold in a glitch. I keep buying hard to get items for gold and putting them in the auction for tiny amounts. I play at different times of the day. It never seems to matter. The same few people seem to have a buzzer on their computer that alerts them instantly to my entries. I look up the auctions under their names and sure enough, there are my items for very large amounts. Is their any way around this? Every one has the right to buy. Still, I would love to help everyone, not just the same few. I would welcome any ideas. Any at all. Contact me directly if you don't want to post here.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jan 30, 15 2:50 AM
My suggestion around the sharks is that if someone needs a Staffordshire or Lava that either work out with Glea via PM what you need or get with a buddy and exchange for high price.

I do this between first and second game and with other games.... Second game puts out a Grand Canyon for 500,000 Buy out and then First game with the resources list hard to get items at prices even the sharks won't pay to equal the 500,000. You can not have a lower starting price because someone will bid on it. Surprisingly, some will even pay the outrageous price before the second game picks up the item but freewill does exist.

Now if it only worked with food stuffs!

Edited on 01/30/2015 at 2:52:19 AM PST

Lilac13
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

Re:Collectible Rewards Room, why not acknowledging those already complete?

[Post New]by Lilac13 on Feb 1, 15 8:57 PM
Why does it have items in the warehouse, I have 74 of them, yet it says I only have 9 of 106 collectibles completed? Do we have to complete these all again even if we already have dozens of them? When the guy lists some items like the snow globe in crest, it marked it as done w/o doing it again & gave me the reward. But it is asking me to complete "Exquisite Heirloom Cookie Jar" and "Music Box" collections when I have over 30 of each.
Has anyone else had this happen? The only collections of 106 I don't have are in the Specials: the 4 Pirate Day, Halloween Cookie Jar and the Guises of Ran the Owl because we have to wait for them to come around.
Update: There were 10 random collectibles that I had to complete even tho I had 2-30 of each of them already. The other 74 came up as completed when the quest posted. Very strange!

Edited on 02/05/2015 at 11:12:25 AM PST

idahodogs
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by idahodogs on Feb 1, 15 10:33 PM
What is the collectibles reward room? I have been playing for almost a year and have never seen it and I have sold multiple sets.

Alikatt8
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by Alikatt8 on Feb 1, 15 10:40 PM
Lilac perhaps what Odin means is all you have to do is click for your reward in say Music Box whether you have 1 of each item or 30 of each. Some, for some reason just give you the reward if you have each box full of however many, but, if in a collection you are missing one, then yes you need to go find it then click for the reward in your collections thus completing one of his quests.

The ones who started ART after Valentines 2014 don't have the option of doing quests in Specials collection so not sure if Odin is asking for those to be cleared. We are therefore stuck at 84/106 quests.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Feb 2, 15 2:41 AM
idahodogs wrote:What is the collectibles reward room? I have been playing for almost a year and have never seen it and I have sold multiple sets.

This is one of the new quests which will appear for you at some point. It is a room inside the Warehouse, so you need to complete that first.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

Re:Collectible Rewards Room, why not acknowledging those already complete?

[Post New]by wulfruna on Feb 2, 15 2:50 AM
Lilac13 wrote:Why does it have items in the warehouse, I have over 76 of them, yet it says I only have 9 of 106 collectibles completed? Do we have to complete these all again even if we already have dozens of them? When the guy lists some items like the snow globe in crest, it marked it as done w/o doing it again & gave me the reward. But it is asking me to complete "Exquisite Heirloom Cookie Jar" and "Music Box" collections when I have over 30 of each.
Has anyone else had this happen? The only collections of 106 I don't have are in the Specials: the 4 Pirate Day, Halloween Cookie Jar and the Guises of Ran the Owl because we have to wait for them to come around.

I think it means that you have to have a complete collection and cash it in now in order to place it in the room. As Alikatt says, this doesn't mean that you have to collect the whole set again - just any that are missing to complete the set. I think it is giving us credit for the new collections because it knows we have completed them since the upgrade.

It is giving us something new to do with our old collections and is a nice idea - it was one of the suggestions made for the upgrade by a lot of people, that it would be really nice if we could display some of our collections somewhere. The suggestion was perhaps on the shelves of our own shop - but there wouldn't be so much room there!
And yes, we can only get 84/106 at the present time, which is the total of the main collections (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Crest). The other 22 appear to be the total of those in the Specials, so presumably we will only be able to complete this room after they have re-appeared.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Feb 2, 15 2:56 AM
Also, as to the problem of getting odd items that are not obtainable other than by buying them or in the auction...... there is no hurry to complete this "Rewards Room" quest, as it will clearly remain open for a very long time! And at least we now have the opportunity to win gold bars in the "stars" slot machine which give us the gold to buy those rare items - they are not very expensive to buy (max 10 for a platinum item). It is easy to get stars from the Crest collections (and the DQ and Daily bonus) to go and play the machine.

Go to: