DO NOT BUY ANYTHING IN GAME!!!!!

[Post New]by jerseygirl1768 on Jan 27, 15 9:06 AM
big fish is a huge company with a small heart and a big problem with this game. this game has been stealing orbes from me for months and when I complained they said so sorry until the game is fixed with an update do not buy anything, leaving the $ you lost in their pockets this game is not working in so many ways just look at all the complaints and thy do not care and behind every complaint there is a person who has lost $. I have looked into this and I have found 22 people who have lost anywhere from 25.99-400 bucks many had smooth sailing til they hit level 51 them funny they all lost their game and were told to uninstall and reinstall and it will fix it or do nothing in every case it started them back at level 1 taking all their time work and $ they spent on the game. I wish I had looked into it more before I did what I was told would fix the game because I was told the same thing and poof my gam is gone back at level zero broke and orbless and I had just spent 50 on orbes and didn't even get to use any of you who are getting close to the level 50 and above beware one day you will try to open your game and will get nothing but a black screen and as soon as you do their fix your hard wok time and $ will be gone. you will get no sympathy from BigFish or refunds they know this game is crap and they are not fixing it or even telling people that you will not can will lose any $ you put into the game because at the level of 50 and higher you will eventually hit a black screen and lose everything the people I have talked to have said it happened on level 51, 53, 55 and 59 I personally got mine at level 52. beware do not buy anything ingame you will lose it when you lose your game and I personally have not been able to find 1 person who has not has a major glitch in the game buyer beware do not give them your hard earned money unless you do not mind losing it I just spent 50 on my game when it was lost and you would think even if they didn't want to credit me back all my $ they could at least have given me that back. they know it is happening ad they are doing nothing why cause they are making money off us they know if we complain they can boo hoo us and hope just suck it up and start over and spend again doubling their take it is not right and not fair they need to fix this and they need to give the people who have been ripped off some relief and credit them something instead they are laughing

 
napoeon
Catfish
Catfish
1,565 Posts

Re:DO NOT BUY ANYTHING IN GAME!!!!!

[Post New]by napoeon on Jan 27, 15 9:21 AM

Thanks for the information.

 
silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

Re:DO NOT BUY ANYTHING IN GAME!!!!!

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jan 27, 15 10:31 AM
If you make a purchase then back up your game to a flash drive. That way you can reinstall without losing your level where you last saved and your purchase.

It's a good idea to save to an external (i.e. flash drive) periodically so you don't have to start over from scratch should the unthinkable happen (such as a computer crash) . So you might have to play a little portion over again, but it beats playing the whole thing over again and losing important progress or purchases.

The save data is in a different location than the game file. To do this you need to unhide hidden computer files. Find your user in the C: drive. then find the app data. Then find the Roaming File. Find your game and save.

Each OS has a slightly different method of finding that file. So you will have to do a search for the information. The Midnight Castle forum has a thread with the information on how to do this in XP, Vista, and Windows OS.

I just got a new computer this week. I saved the roaming files for my games. Downloaded the games to my new computer from the BF website, then replaced the save files from my old computer to my new one. Picked up right where I left off and didn't lose any progress or purchase.

 

Re:DO NOT BUY ANYTHING IN GAME!!!!!

[Post New]by jerseygirl1768 on Jan 27, 15 10:57 AM
I would hope that the info was somewhere in this computer but I am not real tech savey all I could find is a file in the download folder from last start over in December but it will not open or do anything. my son said I could take over his game on his computer but I would have to transfer it from his laptop to mine if I could figure out how to do that I would at least get back to level 43 but I do not know how to move it. I use to be able to get a call from big fish and they would walk you through stuff like this and the company also would save your progress on games so if you crashed it was still available but not anymore seems they would rather have you respend on the game. I would even settle for a partial refund of the orbes I bought right before the game crashed as they know there is an issue and are not doing anything to protect their gamers if they are not willing to help then they should at least be able to refund you stuff you bought and never got to use as the game crashed a day or so later. they just say the same thing go look in the forums and wait for an update at this point with so many losing time, effort and hard earned cash they should either pull the game until the thing works or be ready to help and refund something so we are not getting screwed. 3 people in my family alone have been playing my son quit due to issues and my other son was tired of the glitches I was the hold out cause I like the game but to lose all that $ and time is just unfair and costly they will not even answer an email until you write 3-4 times and then they give you the look at the forums or wait for an update to me that is not caring about their customers but loving the game makers and the customers $, sad Big Fish WAS a good company I have bought many games from them but this leaves a bad taste in my mouth so I will not spend and I will make all game players I talk to aware of this mess

 

Re:DO NOT BUY ANYTHING IN GAME!!!!!

[Post New]by jerseygirl1768 on Jan 27, 15 11:28 AM
we looked at all we could find and we found a file with recipies and monsters and everything in it but couldn't open it or do anything with it I am getting so frustrated as I am not a techy person maybe cause I am 46 my brain doesn't work like that but I am so pissed I could scream I really like this game but I am not willing to spend another 350 to t back where I was not to mention the time and effort I had i.4 million in coins and was just about to hit another level they really need to go back to having a # you can call when you are really stuck cause this is just insult to injury

 

Re:DO NOT BUY ANYTHING IN GAME!!!!!

[Post New]by jerseygirl1768 on Jan 27, 15 2:30 PM
I owe big fish a huge apology I jumped to a conclusion not knowing they were still working on my issue and have made a refund and have gave me help to try and get my game or parts of it back even if I can't get all my progress back at least they refunded what I had purchased I will however take their advise and not buy any in game items until I know the game is fixed or until I can get a flash drive to save my game so god forbid it happens again I will have my game saved to re install. Big Fish did right by me they are not as cold and heartless as I though this really makes me feel good big fish you rock!

 
silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

Re:DO NOT BUY ANYTHING IN GAME!!!!!

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jan 27, 15 3:24 PM
jerseygirl1768 wrote:I owe big fish a huge apology I jumped to a conclusion not knowing they were still working on my issue and have made a refund and have gave me help to try and get my game or parts of it back even if I can't get all my progress back at least they refunded what I had purchased I will however take their advise and not buy any in game items until I know the game is fixed or until I can get a flash drive to save my game so god forbid it happens again I will have my game saved to re install. Big Fish did right by me they are not as cold and heartless as I though this really makes me feel good big fish you rock!


If you ever need help with instructions on how to save the "save file" for the game to the flash drive let us know. There are several of us out here that can walk you through the steps. The games "save files" are in a different location than the games installation files and they are hidden from view. We can walk you through the process to un-hide them so you can make a back-up of your progress once you get a flash drive.

 
napoeon
Catfish
Catfish
1,565 Posts

Re:DO NOT BUY ANYTHING IN GAME!!!!!

[Post New]by napoeon on Jan 27, 15 5:23 PM
Recently I saw a lot of "black/blank screens" and "fatal errors" at the Technical Issues thread,as silver_hawk said, the best advise for everyone:

Back-up Your Game Save Files...

This is important since having a copy of your game save files even on your desktop,will help recover your game and your progress back and quickly, instead of waiting days or weeks for your game to be recovered.
Personally I do a back-up at least every week of all my games.

 
HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

Re:DO NOT BUY ANYTHING IN GAME!!!!!

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Jan 27, 15 5:57 PM
napoeon wrote:Recently I saw a lot of "black/blank screens" and "fatal errors" at the Technical Issues thread,as silver_hawk said, the best advise for everyone:

Back-up Your Game Save Files...

This is important since having a copy of your game save files even on your desktop,will help recover your game and your progress back and quickly, instead of waiting days or weeks for your game to be recovered.
Personally I do a back-up at least every week of all my games.


Great advise napoeon!!!

I've been backing up my games onto a flash drive since I first started playing Found when it came out. ALL my ftp games get backed up 1st and 15th of the month, or if any big event has happened. Like an update, I back up before and after. Also, if I've made an in game purchase or just won some sort of "jackpot"

 
metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

Re:DO NOT BUY ANYTHING IN GAME!!!!!

[Post New]by metmichallica on Jan 27, 15 6:12 PM
This is one reason I'll never play free to play games. I might like the game, but in I am not playing to progress in the game or to buy stuff for it. I believe when you buy a game it should be your's to keep without any limitations on upgrades. The only free game I ever thought of playing was Farm Up but quickly changed my mind.

 
napoeon
Catfish
Catfish
1,565 Posts

Re:DO NOT BUY ANYTHING IN GAME!!!!!

[Post New]by napoeon on Jan 27, 15 6:34 PM
HoosierAmy wrote:
napoeon wrote:Recently I saw a lot of "black/blank screens" and "fatal errors" at the Technical Issues thread,as silver_hawk said, the best advise for everyone:

Back-up Your Game Save Files...

This is important since having a copy of your game save files even on your desktop,will help recover your game and your progress back and quickly, instead of waiting days or weeks for your game to be recovered.
Personally I do a back-up at least every week of all my games.


Great advise napoeon!!!

I've been backing up my games onto a flash drive since I first started playing Found when it came out. ALL my ftp games get backed up 1st and 15th of the month, or if any big event has happened. Like an update, I back up before and after. Also, if I've made an in game purchase or just won some sort of "jackpot"


Hi HoosierAmy,

I don't support this game anymore,until they seriously decide to deal with the issues of the game, no "in game purchase" for me,but I agree with you,definitely a back-up before an update!!!

 

Re:DO NOT BUY ANYTHING IN GAME!!!!!

[Post New]by jerseygirl1768 on Jan 27, 15 6:47 PM
ya I told the tech person they need to lean on the maker of this game fix the glitches or your game is pulled. the cheating roulette wheel and the cubes not working all the stuff they could easily fix and don't so they can work on graphics it is terrible

 
HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

Re:DO NOT BUY ANYTHING IN GAME!!!!!

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Jan 27, 15 7:07 PM
~napoeon, I to don't support this game. I still haven't accepted the last update that created all the needless fog and difficulties in the game. I just now got the need to get my det. license for the huge amount of money. But I'm playing out the game, until I have no quests left, then I will update and do the det. license for a fraction of the cost. After that, without any changes, I'll put it in the wood pile, life is to short to hang around a game just waiting for things that the Dev's don't want in the game. If they wanted them, they would be there. Like so many other ftp games the Dev's are getting a bit greedy for my liking. I think the game is planned out, and now that it isn't going as it should they are scrambling to fix some things to make it "playable" seen it in alot of the ftp's.....just my 2

 
silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

Re:DO NOT BUY ANYTHING IN GAME!!!!!

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jan 27, 15 7:19 PM
HoosierAmy wrote:~napoeon, I to don't support this game. I still haven't accepted the last update that created all the needless fog and difficulties in the game. I just now got the need to get my det. license for the huge amount of money. But I'm playing out the game, until I have no quests left, then I will update and do the det. license for a fraction of the cost.


By your description it sounds like your talking about Nightfall. This is Agency 33 forum. I think your reply to this thread was meant for a different game forum.

 
HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

Re:DO NOT BUY ANYTHING IN GAME!!!!!

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Jan 27, 15 7:36 PM
silver_hawk wrote:
HoosierAmy wrote:~napoeon, I to don't support this game. I still haven't accepted the last update that created all the needless fog and difficulties in the game. I just now got the need to get my det. license for the huge amount of money. But I'm playing out the game, until I have no quests left, then I will update and do the det. license for a fraction of the cost.


By your description it sounds like your talking about Nightfall. This is Agency 33 forum. I think your reply to this thread was meant for a different game forum.


LoL...yes dear silver_hawk, you are right! I guess there are so many problems with the ftp games that my poor befuddled mind got them mixed Found waiting on the third island: Dark Manor, waiting on anything! Agancy 33 waiting on updates to clear problems (fog) My singing monsters, waiting on update. Wanderland waiting on update to fix: numerous ruby problems. ....oh the problems....Yes, I've gone back to my regular form of gaming, but I guess the ftp was "fun" while it lasted.....

 
napoeon
Catfish
Catfish
1,565 Posts

Re:DO NOT BUY ANYTHING IN GAME!!!!!

[Post New]by napoeon on Jan 27, 15 7:47 PM
I'm blind!!!!
Help!!!!
FOG!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

Re:DO NOT BUY ANYTHING IN GAME!!!!!

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Jan 27, 15 7:51 PM
I'm blinded by the light!

 
annibelle1
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

Re:DO NOT BUY ANYTHING IN GAME!!!!!

[Post New]by annibelle1 on Jan 30, 15 12:47 PM
I didn't know or think you could save your purchased games, or any of the games on a flash drive, etc. /thumb drive or whatever. Now, I find out you can? Is this really the case for real? I would like to know for sure.

 
silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

Re:DO NOT BUY ANYTHING IN GAME!!!!!

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jan 30, 15 3:55 PM
annibelle1 wrote:I didn't know or think you could save your purchased games, or any of the games on a flash drive, etc. /thumb drive or whatever. Now, I find out you can? Is this really the case for real? I would like to know for sure.


Games you download to your computer are saved on your computers hard drive and cannot be altered or copied without violation of copyright laws and should not be tampered with.

However; what you can save to a flash drive is the games 'save files'. These save files are not apart of the games programming but rather the progress in the game you make. These files are in a separate location then the games installation/application files.

The thread with instructions is in the MC forum if interested.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/332689.page#5877424

 
 
 
 
Go to: