Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Mystery of a Lost Planet here!

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 28, 15 12:39 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you're using.

Edited on 01/28/2015 at 6:05:30 AM PST

housebound
Salmon
Salmon
2,568 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for The Mystery of a Lost Planet here.

[Post New]by housebound on Jan 28, 15 12:49 AM
The demo went great, but as soon as I bought the game, now can't play, keeps kicking me out after I click on play.

Am really getting tried of paying for game I can't play due to all of the bugs.

ethan1404
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by ethan1404 on Jan 28, 15 1:04 AM
Gosh, i used one of my coupons on this so didn't even trial it, hope I don't have this problem!

stusue
Clownfish
Clownfish
597 Posts

[Post New]by stusue on Jan 28, 15 4:05 AM

I can't even open it to demo it. Downloaded and installed without a hitch ... both times, after uninstalling and reinstalling ... but every time I try to play it I get a Windows message telling me that there was a problem and that the game has been closed. Windows 8.1.

ethan1404
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by ethan1404 on Jan 28, 15 5:17 AM
Hi stusue, have opened it and played for a while, no problems so far. Disappointing it only takes up a small part of my screen, checked, was already on widescreen so obviously DEV's were cutting costs.

From what little I have played so far, thank God I had a coupon, wouldn't be worth money spent.

BFG, take note unless that was your plan......

By the way, I also run on Windows 8.1 so not sure why you are having a problem, runs fine on my laptop.

mlc9
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mlc9 on Jan 28, 15 5:58 AM
Ditto - - As said before --- I can't even open it to demo it. Downloaded and installed without a hitch ... both times, after uninstalling and reinstalling ... but every time I try to play it I get a Windows message telling me that there was a problem and that the game has been closed. Windows 8.1. Soooooo disappointing!

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Jan 28, 15 6:05 AM
Hey Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Bee921
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Mystery of a Lost Planet here!

[Post New]by Bee921 on Jan 28, 15 9:18 AM
Am trying to find 1 strange plant. Hint keeps sending me back & forth between 2 scenes, but can't find the last 1. Please, if anyone knows what I'm doing wrong, let me know.

housebound
Salmon
Salmon
2,568 Posts

[Post New]by housebound on Jan 28, 15 9:26 AM
I don't even get a error message , it doesn't crash. freeze . & or blank screen. It just kicks me out. Don't understand why demo plays ,but when you buy it it won't. whats the differents between the two ?

AlikArt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by AlikArt on Jan 28, 15 9:58 AM
housebound wrote:I don't even get a error message , it doesn't crash. freeze . & or blank screen. It just kicks me out. Don't understand why demo plays ,but when you buy it it won't. whats the differents between the two ?

please, try to reboot and run again

AlikArt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by AlikArt on Jan 28, 15 10:48 AM
Bee921 wrote:Am trying to find 1 strange plant. Hint keeps sending me back & forth between 2 scenes, but can't find the last 1. Please, if anyone knows what I'm doing wrong, let me know.

I suppose you misunderstand the hint, it pointed to the plant that located near entrance, so instead of to go another scene you should click to this plant

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Jan 28, 15 12:52 PM
What's gone wrong with the formatting? There's no link to the game's forum on its page and everything is all shoved together--including ads--making it harder to read. If this is a new format, I don't like it. It's ugly and far less accessible than the way it was two days ago.

troischats
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by troischats on Jan 28, 15 1:07 PM
Rhysdux wrote:What's gone wrong with the formatting? There's no link to the game's forum on its page and everything is all shoved together--including ads--making it harder to read. If this is a new format, I don't like it. It's ugly and far less accessible than the way it was two days ago.

Looks like BFG has done some "refurbishing" of the game pages. Initially, like you, I couldn't find any link to the forum page, but it's still there, just hard to see! It's right up at the top right of the page, a kind of yellowish speech bubble, called "Get Game Tips". Hope this helps.

Edited on 01/28/2015 at 1:07:56 PM PST

pnk96722
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by pnk96722 on Jan 28, 15 1:17 PM
Game page is blank with all info smooshed over to the right side. Would love to demo this!

AlikArt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by AlikArt on Jan 28, 15 1:24 PM
stusue wrote:
I can't even open it to demo it. Downloaded and installed without a hitch ... both times, after uninstalling and reinstalling ... but every time I try to play it I get a Windows message telling me that there was a problem and that the game has been closed. Windows 8.1.

hi stusue,

Game was really tested with Windows 8.1. I made a request to our developers about your problem and got an advice to try install this patch from Miscrosoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=29

Direct link to download the patch: http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/1/1/1116b75a-9ec3-481a-a3c8-1777b5381140/vcredist_x86.exe

Hope this will help

stusue
Clownfish
Clownfish
597 Posts

[Post New]by stusue on Jan 28, 15 2:05 PM
AlikArt wrote:hi stusue,

Game was really tested with Windows 8.1. I made a request to our developers about your problem and got an advice to try install this patch from Miscrosoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=29

Direct link to download the patch: http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/1/1/1116b75a-9ec3-481a-a3c8-1777b5381140/vcredist_x86.exe

Hope this will help

Sorry, AlikArt, but, after downloading and installing the patch, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the game, nothing has changed. Windows still comes up with the message that there's a problem and so the game is being closed.

stusue
Clownfish
Clownfish
597 Posts

[Post New]by stusue on Jan 28, 15 3:37 PM

AlikArt, I just downloaded the game onto my old 10" Netbook (Windows 7) to see if I could demo it on that and it worked (even though I have no idea when everything was last updated as I haven't used it in ages).

However, it was super, super, super slow - inventory items slowly floated into the inventory like feathers, I had a black screen for ages every time the screen changed, etc. - which drove me nuts so I didn't play for very long.

But I loved what little I played - the graphics, sound, gameplay, scifi theme, etc. It plays like an LFA game with HOPs. It's my sort of game and now I can't wait to play it on a big screen so that my nose isn't stuck to the screen, trying to find everything lying around in the scenes and all the hidden objects in the HOPs. I just hope it works with a touchscreen.

Hopefully a solution can be found so that I can play the full game.

AlikArt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by AlikArt on Jan 28, 15 3:58 PM
stusue, thanks for such effort to try the game! We will work around this problem, but first need at least to reproduce the problem.So I'll ask you an additional info via PM

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Jan 28, 15 4:31 PM
Portion bolded by me......
AlikArt wrote:
Bee921 wrote:Am trying to find 1 strange plant. Hint keeps sending me back & forth between 2 scenes, but can't find the last 1. Please, if anyone knows what I'm doing wrong, let me know.

I suppose you misunderstand the hint, it pointed to the plant that located near entrance, so instead of to go another scene you should click to this plant

Thank you so much, AlikArt, spent most of my demo time trying to find this last plant! At last, I (like the ship's crew) can move on!
Thanks for a fun game!!
BK

mlc9
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mlc9 on Jan 28, 15 5:18 PM
Ahhhhh. I have found the cure for not being able to run the game. For those that click on the game and immediately get booted out ---- change your screen resolution to 1680 X 1050. Exit the game manager. Right click on your desktop screen. One of the options that comes up is Screen Resolution. Use the bar to change it from your current resolution to the 1680X1050. The game now runs fine. It worked for me and I hope it works for you! -- I have windows 8.1

Go to: