The Emptiness

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

The Emptiness

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 29, 15 12:29 AM
You are locked in a space of your doubts and fears. You are wandering about and looking for a way out, but something terrible stands in your way. You strive for light, but darkness doesn’t let you go. You need to pass a series of tests. Open the doors to break out from the dark corners of your soul. Be persistent and courageous and endure to the very end!

Warning! The game is not recommended for people with an unhealthy state of mind, nervous disorders or heart disease.

geri_mac
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

Re:The Emptiness

[Post New]by geri_mac on Jan 29, 15 2:06 AM
well Im very intrigued at the warnings, am tempted to try it but maybe later today when I have a bit more time

[Post New]by deedso on Jan 29, 15 2:34 AM
The graphics aren't crude but the game is definitely not HO. I finished the demo. So far, is just maze type stuff and finding letters of codes to open doors which are hiding within the rooms. Definitely different. Objective is to get out of house by going thru doors.... I actually had to take out paper & pencil and map a maze - haven't done that in a while! I'm tempted to buy just to find out what happens, but am a little worried that the rest of the game is short if demo is most of the size of the full game. interesting...most HOP people will probably hate it (except those who don't!)

SandraSwede
Shark
Shark
14,103 Posts

[Post New]by SandraSwede on Jan 29, 15 2:35 AM
I'll download it and give it a try. I don't buy games based on size.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Jan 29, 15 4:48 AM
I can't believe how difficult it was to find this forum, even when I put the game name in the search thing it didn't come up. Finally found that tiny little shortcut up in the corner....I wondered about that trial size as well, with limited DL I don't generally trial a game that big. Think I'll wait for some more reviews before deciding, I don't want to waste my DL time. It looks like it could be a good game, different but I don't mind that if the game itself is well made. Just wondering why BFG has decided to make it so hard to find the game forum.....? Also wondering who made this game and when? For some reason it looks old....although all I have to go by is the screenshots. Story looks like it could be intriguing.

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Jan 29, 15 5:12 AM
If you don't like being startled or scared, then this is not the game for you. Quite a few very scary moments. Not sure this will be everybody's cup of tea, but I like it and may get it.

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Jan 29, 15 5:55 AM
My thoughts about why the forum was so hard to find is the new owners have changed things. I was so hoping things would remain the same when they took over. Big Fish has worked long and hard to create a good site for all of us gamers.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jan 29, 15 6:02 AM
Ooh I like being startled or scared so this is right up my alley. Can't wait to play it.

The demo downloaded for me in about 5 minutes. Large games usually download pretty quickly on my computer anyway.

unknitter
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by unknitter on Jan 29, 15 7:14 AM
I didn't have any trouble finding this forum. The usual latest forum box at the upper right shows today's TGT so I clicked on T and scrolled down to The Emptiness.

I'll wait for a few reviews before I decide whether to try it. I especially like to read any negative reviews to see if they mention too many of the things I don't like, e.g. poor graphics, overly dark scenes, unrecognizable HdnO, non-locking inventory... As for the positive reviews, it seems like the same few people always give 5 star reviews. Is this a race to see whose review is at the top? I wish some would concentrate more on what the gameplay offers and doesn't offer rather than repeating the storyline. The reviewers mean well but very long reviews make my eyes glaze over so I don't bother reading much.

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Jan 29, 15 7:23 AM
Oh, yes, this is a game for me. At last! A game with no sweet things, no kidnappings and fairies.

And it was not difficult for me to find the forum. Just press Community and choose game forum. It takes me to BF's list of games.

kim0530
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by kim0530 on Jan 29, 15 9:19 AM
Sorry, this is not my cup of tea. It's too dark for my taste anyway, I love being scared but this is not good game. I didn't play in the dark. For the ones who love this .. good luck.

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by dueler on Jan 29, 15 9:40 AM
Didn't find it to bad, just worried about the longevity of the game, as some one said is the demo nearly all the game.

DeAnna2112
Clownfish
Clownfish
675 Posts

[Post New]by DeAnna2112 on Jan 29, 15 9:51 AM
Euskalduna wrote:Oh, yes, this is a game for me. At last! A game with no sweet things, no kidnappings and fairies.

And it was not difficult for me to find the forum. Just press Community and choose game forum. It takes me to BF's list of games.

I was thinking the same thing when i saw this game..so far liking the demo and plan on buying it...way to curious now to see what happens next
Hope this is a sign of more games like this to come with the new ownership

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jan 29, 15 10:14 AM
Well now... a friend told me about this and I had a look... and then I saw the warning.

Since I already have conditions 1 and 2, they may well combine to cause a heart attack and lead to condition 3 mentioned in the warning.

Nope... sorry, but I need to stay away from this one.

Enjoy, everyone. I wish I could, but I daren't.

DeAnna2112
Clownfish
Clownfish
675 Posts

[Post New]by DeAnna2112 on Jan 29, 15 11:55 AM
Twins,
This is not about depression per say in the way you are seeing it. It's not about someone who has mental issues...It's about being under oppression of a darkness that haunts a house that you are trying to find your way out of.

Edited on 01/29/2015 at 11:59:00 AM PST

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jan 29, 15 12:34 PM
i thought I would like this game but found it to be very tedious and would require lots of patience to play. I got as far as finding all of the first group of letters and got through the first door and then had to find more letters to get through another door so I just said forget it. It played like an adventure game which I love, but I didn't care for the story. There were a few "startle" moments but nothing too scary.

Waiting patiently for Obduction to come out which is advertised on the BF Facebook page. Now that looks like a great game

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Jan 29, 15 11:41 PM
OBDUCTION is coming out on BF???? Wow. Things MUST be changing! That is one I am truly awaiting anxiously, being a great fan of Myst... They had a Kickstarter campaign to get it funded, and it funded really fast. Lots of us Myst junkies out there.

The Emptiness
is put out by Hooligans, the same devs who did Green Moon and City of Fools - and that may explain the big difference in gameplay. They are more like "indie" devs, and not like the cookie cutter usual fare.

I was also excited to see Green Moon II and City of Fools 2 in the works! Yes!!! I have just about quit buying anything but picross, because I am sick of cutesy helpers, hidden object scenes, and watered down easy puzzles.

I don't think this game is going to be Amnesia - or even Scratches - but I'm downloading now, and can't wait to play. I suffer from depression, but I love dark and scary, so what the heck?!

I must say, the new game pages are going to take some getting used to, but maybe we will get more "adult-oriented" games. I hope so.

Edited on 01/29/2015 at 11:43:32 PM PST

DeAnna2112
Clownfish
Clownfish
675 Posts

[Post New]by DeAnna2112 on Jan 30, 15 6:04 AM
phatkhat wrote:OBDUCTION is coming out on BF???? Wow. Things MUST be changing! That is one I am truly awaiting anxiously, being a great fan of Myst... They had a Kickstarter campaign to get it funded, and it funded really fast. Lots of us Myst junkies out there.

The Emptiness
is put out by Hooligans, the same devs who did Green Moon and City of Fools - and that may explain the big difference in gameplay. They are more like "indie" devs, and not like the cookie cutter usual fare.

I was also excited to see Green Moon II and City of Fools 2 in the works! Yes!!! I have just about quit buying anything but picross, because I am sick of cutesy helpers, hidden object scenes, and watered down easy puzzles.

I don't think this game is going to be Amnesia - or even Scratches - but I'm downloading now, and can't wait to play. I suffer from depression, but I love dark and scary, so what the heck?!

I must say, the new game pages are going to take some getting used to, but maybe we will get more "adult-oriented" games. I hope so.

Totally agree with everything you said!!!

Putt1505
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Re:The Emptiness and City of Fools 2

[Post New]by Putt1505 on Jan 30, 15 12:59 PM
Not sure about The Emptiness yet. I'm having some trouble finding the letters of the second word. Still debating on buying the game.

However......someone (Phatkhat I think) mentioned that City of Fools 2 was in the works and I devoured City of Fools 1....one of my all time favorite games, totally insane. So does anyone know about a release date for City 2?? I checked a couple of websites and a FB page and read something about 2014, but I don't see it released anywhere yet. Anybody???

didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by didersham on Jan 30, 15 1:17 PM
I am still wondering about the sequel to True Fear.

Go to: