Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

Please post your TECH ISSUES for The Emptiness here!

[Post New]by Martyheinz on Jan 29, 15 1:09 AM
I have been downloading for over an hour and only have 400 mbs. I know if I am the first person on my server to download a game, it takes longer but this is silly. Seems like they are getting longer and longer to download.

Edited on 01/29/2015 at 5:58:18 AM PST

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for The Emptiness here!

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Jan 29, 15 5:58 AM
Good morning!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgGlithui

didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by didersham on Jan 29, 15 7:14 AM
I downloaded the play free and it down loaded fast. I am using windows 7 home premium. I am not a techie, so I am not sure what your problem would stem from. Try tech support they have helped me in the past or go to the help pages.

lindaa1
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by lindaa1 on Jan 29, 15 8:39 AM
I played the game for half and hour then exited. When I went back in later, it had not saved my progress and was back at the start of the game. Not going to bother with it.

Maven
Clownfish
Clownfish
944 Posts

[Post New]by Maven on Jan 29, 15 5:07 PM
Downloaded the trial and when I clicked Play, I received two error messages: "Can't create renderer device HAL" and another for renderer device RET (I think that's what it was). Running Vista on a PC.

mamaduke63
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by mamaduke63 on Jan 30, 15 4:42 AM
Happened to me also Maven does anyone know what this means?

Thanks

[Post New]by mamacat2many on Jan 30, 15 8:13 AM
I tried to open the game and got the same message cant render hox or something like this. This game needs help

LuckyKK
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by LuckyKK on Jan 30, 15 4:01 PM
I also received the message: " Can't create renderer device HAL OK" - then I had to use Ctr/Alt/Del, and end the process. Tried to open it again, and got the same thing. I was really looking forward to playing this game.

I purchased the game that was listed as Tomorrow's game today, at sale price, then the next day, not only that game but this one was listed as 'Today's' game. Would have been nice to get this one at the sale price also, but of course if it won't work, it doesn't matter anyway. Won't buy it if I can't play it.

LuckyKK
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by LuckyKK on Jan 30, 15 4:03 PM
I've also noticed that the games are taking much, much longer to download. I thought it was my internet service, but if I'm not the only one...don't know. I'm talking about regular standard version games.

1unicorn
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by 1unicorn on Jan 31, 15 11:14 PM
No go for me. Got nothing but blank or partially white screens.

abamma
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by abamma on Feb 3, 15 11:14 AM
Same here, I keep getting a black screen. I can't do anything but end and restart game. Fed up with this one.

KDinMD43
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

Re:Game hanging up between scenes

[Post New]by KDinMD43 on Feb 3, 15 12:00 PM
About every other scene change ( ie: When going left, right, up or down) the game would freeze for a count of 8 or 9 seconds (one, onethousand, two onethousand) and was EXTREMELY annoying and had me tearing my hair out. With that said I played the game twice.

stephensol1
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by stephensol1 on Feb 4, 15 3:36 AM
I got the same error about the HAL. Did anyone get an answer to this?

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 4, 15 8:39 AM
Hey everyone,

Thanks for reaching out. I see that a few players are seeing the same renderer error message. Unfortunately, we don't really have the tools to troubleshoot those issues here in the forums.

If this problem continues, please contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Reps will be happy to look into that for you,

I hope that helps!

bfgBellerophon

Emmmms1974
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Emmmms1974 on Feb 8, 15 4:34 AM
stephensol1 wrote:I got the same error about the HAL. Did anyone get an answer to this?

Me too anyone got a fix yet?

deejae101
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by deejae101 on Feb 9, 15 3:36 PM
I have no sound even though under Options I have the volume up as high as it goes. No fun without any sound at all!

bethy829
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by bethy829 on Feb 12, 15 5:10 PM
Same problem error message " Can't create renderer device HAL " I have seen a lot of error messages with games in the past but never ran across HAL before.
Using Windows 7 PC

SnowBunnyB16
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,493 Posts

[Post New]by SnowBunnyB16 on Feb 12, 15 10:55 PM
I also got the same message " Can't create renderer device HAL" I deleted the game. Glad to know that it wasn't me or my computer but sorry that it happened.

[Post New]by PopeyeMcSquinty on Feb 15, 15 3:12 PM
After downloading Emptiness, I, too, had the error message "Can't create renderer device HAL" and had to control/alt/delete in order to get beyond the error message. It never did let me play. Seems like everyone is having the same issue.

[Post New]by katsura on Feb 16, 15 4:05 AM
deejae101 wrote:I have no sound even though under Options I have the volume up as high as it goes. No fun without any sound at all!

Me too. No sound at all. Really annoying.

Go to: