Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

Building Upgrades -Purpose & Orders

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jan 29, 15 1:28 AM
Hi. Its a little bit hard to describe where exactly in the game I am, but I could find out if asked, if it helps to answer my question more easily.

I have enough runes to upgrade either the academy, the armory or the blacksmith.
Of course, I could upgrade the farm, too but I'm not 100% sure (or 40% sure) what the purpose of that is. I know that its to attract more villagers, but what do we need them for? Peasants! Bah!! I have something like 900 people.

BTW - what is the gold that you pick up on the battlefield for? Is it converted into runes? I cant say off the top of my head, but I don't * think * I recall the use of any gold anywhere.

HatesTimers
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Re:Building Upgrades -Purpose & Orders

[Post New]by HatesTimers on Jan 29, 15 9:57 AM
The farm, lumber mill, and foundry just produce food, wood, and metal. Check them now and then to collect those resources. Upgrading them increases the max amount of resources they can accumulate.

The granary converts food to population, but once population is 1600+ everything will be unlocked, and the granary isn't needed anymore. A tiny amount of food is still needed to hire people in the town hall.

Upgrading the town hall lets you hire more types of people.

Upgrading the armory lets you research more types of weapons, but you also have to defeat the tower that has the plans for a weapon before you can research it.

The Blacksmith makes more of a weapon that you've already researched in the armory. At first you can only have 5 of each. I *think* upgrading allows 5 more of each per level, but the game didn't give me that immediately, I had to play more towers before I got to store more. My guess is that both upgrading the blacksmith and reaching a certain point in the game are needed.

Upgrading the academy lets you research higher level spells. I like spells because once you have them, you can keep using them without having to pay any more triads, while hired people and weapons have to be bought again after each use.

The stuff you find on the battlefield is converted to a number of triads (the game currency), except for the scrolls. You get an achievment for collecting at least one scroll from every type of monster.

[Post New]by FrogdiceDev on Jan 31, 15 2:56 PM
HatesTimers: Great answers! I think you hit covered everything.

[Post New]by EPF4CATSBK on Mar 1, 15 2:14 AM
I am so tired of falling asleep waiting for the Lumber, and Ore Buildings to be ready to Collect. On Level 4 its still taking over 20 minutes to fill up for 90 units? How many units do you get for level 5 and how long does it take to get them?

I have 1635 people and farm on level 3 fills up at least 3 times faster than all other buildings.

On Town Hall I have 10 of each specialllized worker and still not seeing any differences.

Really frustrating when your waiting and waiting then fall asleep just to wake up to collect 90 units is there a way to automatically collect when full or speed up the process as 1000 units at 90 each is so frustrating to say the very least.

Go to: