Please post your REVIEWS for The Emptiness here!

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Jan 29, 15 6:00 AM
Hello everyone!

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on The Emptiness here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on The Emptiness.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgGlithui

Edited on 01/29/2015 at 6:00:32 AM PST

OnBreak
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Emptiness here!

[Post New]by OnBreak on Jan 29, 15 11:39 AM
I've just started playing it - maybe 30 minutes. Its very different from what i'm used to. The directional arrows and the way the approach the hint system is interesting. Haven't gotten too far i'm avoiding hints. Haven't seen any HOS or puzzles yet. I will be interested to see if there are any. Its got a real different feel to it.

Try it out

spyque
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,211 Posts

[Post New]by spyque on Jan 29, 15 12:26 PM
My first reaction was "NO!" I did NOT like it! BUT! I worked with it a bit and it is different than anything I've played before. Graphics are good. The directional arrows give me a 'cheap' feeling, but you get used to it. I did okay on the first quest but needed a hint. The hint system is intriguing. The whole game is intriguing.

Those of you who don't like dark themes may or may not like this game. It is a little demonic (only based on my first half hour of play). Those of you who like dark themed games may or may not like it.

It starts out kind of dark and you're wondering what to do, then you realize it's an 'escape the room' style of game.

So far, the hidden 'objects' are letters (alphabet letters) which is where you have to hunt all over for them.

It's both simple and complex at the same time.

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by moesart on Jan 30, 15 8:05 AM
I'm slowly loving this game. I finished the demo in the middle of chasing someone in a maze with a sphere of light. Then I bought it. Nice change of pace. Try it and stick with the entire demo.

kim0530
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by kim0530 on Jan 30, 15 11:09 AM
Well, I tried to give this game a fair chance but I still don't like it. I have to agree it's a little bit demonic for my taste. I did jump when the picture changed and the ghostly figure went by but had a very hard time finding the letters. I have to give the developers credit on one thing, I did jump. Normally, I don't get scared that easily but I have to say I did get scared on this game. Maybe just maybe next Halloween, I'll give this game another chance but for now, I like something cheerful (since spring is coming). Well, I tried to like this game. But sorry not my cup of tea. People have fun and make sure you keep away from the basement. lol..

DeAnna2112
Clownfish
Clownfish
675 Posts

[Post New]by DeAnna2112 on Jan 30, 15 4:51 PM
I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!

If I were to describe the game in one word: CHALLENGING ! Word of warning: If you are looking for the usual story line, crowded HOG scenes, hand holding maps and sparkles that show you where to go and a hint system that tells you what to do, this is NOT your game. It does require you to put more time and thought into things as you progress.

It's different and refreshing and I actually feel like i am playing the game and not just going through the same old boring motions that a lot of games have become....I mean how many times can the same game play style be recycled?

I hope this is a sign of more games like this coming to BF. Most of us are not kids we are adults who badly want more intense game play that is geared more for our age. This game is both eerie and creepy as well as challenging and i have truly enjoyed the change of pace in game play style it has brought to the table.

BONNIE51462
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,240 Posts

[Post New]by BONNIE51462 on Jan 31, 15 12:32 PM
One word SCARY!! I love this game and it is driving me nuts as well!!! But the time I am spending on it is HUGE I usually don't get so involved but this one actually has me scratching my head....

KDinMD43
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

Re:Loved it!

[Post New]by KDinMD43 on Feb 2, 15 10:58 AM
The graphics weren't the best but I loved the scary atmosphere and the hidden letters that you had to find. I admit this was tough for me and I had to use alot of hints but I found the game play emersive and entertaining. The "freak outs" were great... scared the crap out of me a couple times. Looking for more games like True Fear. I like games scary. No one can top the first four Mystery Case Files games. Loved all the Ravenhearst ones.

Sorry got off track. You have to look around in the same places over and over again and some of the things you need to find are darned well hidden. If you are going into this with little time or no patience don't play it. If you want to sit back and enjoy exploring the house you will like this one. I give it a thumbs up!
KDinMD

snowgopat
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Deliciously Infuriating!

[Post New]by snowgopat on Feb 3, 15 9:12 AM
As other reviewers have stated, this game can be a 'head scratcher' and I couldn't help but laugh at myself several times when something scary happened and I gave a little shout.

It has taken me several hours to get to what I assume is nearly the end of the game and I'm STILL stumped, but will walk away, leave it be, and then come back to scour the rooms one more time for the last piece I need to complete things.

This game was very fun, often infuriating but a gem!

[Post New]by shortstuff9559 on Feb 4, 15 9:13 AM
WHERE IS THE FUSE ?

ladyhawkna
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by ladyhawkna on Feb 4, 15 5:10 PM
I think it was on the bookshelf above the tv. I cant remember. I am looking for the blasted wrench.

locojet
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by locojet on Feb 4, 15 9:58 PM
me too i found the bolt and washer but cant find the wrench??????

locojet
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by locojet on Feb 4, 15 10:05 PM
just found it by the tv on the floor next to the plant

ladyhawkna
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by ladyhawkna on Feb 6, 15 3:47 AM
Thank you Locojet!! I swear I looked there before. LOVE THIS GAME. It doesn't let you get away with anything but drives you crazy. Finally a good challenge

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Feb 7, 15 11:21 AM
OMG! Not quite sure yet!!!! I think I'm quite hardcore, then I've jumped out of me skin twice already and it's only the demo
I will buy.....if only to keep the old pacemaker going
It's ok, I wont sue BF if I snuff it soon

Brennz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Brennz on Feb 7, 15 11:51 AM
''ERROR......Can't create renderer device HAL''
Can anyone please tell me what this means? I really want to play this game.
Have uninstalled and downloaded again but no luck.
Cheers.

locojet
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by locojet on Feb 7, 15 3:19 PM
this was a great game. frustrating at times when you just cant find the letters but i cant count the number of times it scared me to death, i had to crack up every time it got me. i used the forum often for the last few doors because i was so stuck but the letters are, for the most part, very easy to see once you see them haha ha... dont play with food or a drink in your hand or you will cause a mess when it goes flys across the room lol hope you have as muh fun with this game as i did. im going to play it again..

[Post New]by gorgeousegeorge on Feb 8, 15 6:40 AM
Extremely Fun, and worth the time it takes to go through the game. It does get frustrating at times, but love the challenge! Well worth it! Thank you Big Fish! I definitely give it 5 big stars!

Best Game Ever!!

[Post New]by MissMarple13 on Feb 9, 15 6:11 AM
While it is a little hard I have never have had so much fun! if you like to get scared and play a game that is really different (no HOS here) then this is your game!! THANK YOU BIG FISH please get your faithful customers more games like this I would give it 10 starts if you had then, but since the max is 5 I is really a 5 game start all the way!!

Thank you!!

KatranMoiety1
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by KatranMoiety1 on Feb 11, 15 7:32 AM
Just bought this and am LOVING IT !!!! Someone said this dev. was the same as "City of Fools", not sure about that because the graphic style is different, but it's a different game and wonderful if it's your thing !!
Loved the intro... i.e., the warning about those who have are faint of heart --- but everyone else "...can turn the volume UP and PLAY WITH THE LIGHTS OUT !"
So that's what I did.
Tonight I'm going to resume looking for the "X" letter.
Very few 'scary' games make me jump ---this one did. HeeHee. This is the closest game to an oldie I miss, that my computer won't run anymore, called "Amber".
Possible Spoiler :

One element of this game I liked was that you could skip the puzzle where you have to blast an orb at the lady in the black dress in the maze. Stumped me.
I would have made her appearance a little more scary---she was too pretty looking. Minor quibbles, though.
Three words --- BUY THIS GAME !!!!!!

Go to: