Derby Dog - HELP Please

[Post New]by cire909y on May 22, 09 9:02 PM
Hi

I have been stuck on the Derby Dog level FOREVER!! I can get rid of the "gunk", but the game won't give my any bugs to get rid of! Any tips or tricks for getting by this one. It's frustrating me because I can't move on and it seems like I've been on it for such a long time

Thanks

Libbalou
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Derby Dog - HELP Please

[Post New]by Libbalou on Jun 11, 09 11:20 AM
I have the same problem. Anyone know how to get more bugs? I don't get enough bugs to kill in the time alottted. So frustrating.

[Post New]by Snobaby2 on Jun 23, 09 3:26 PM
I was on forums last week and someone gave some tips for the "Eyes of Blue" level. There was also a tip to play that section on "relaxed mode." However I cannot locate anywhere to set to relaxed mode.

Now I have been stuck on "Derby Dog." I have cleared all the "junk" from the board, but it says I have 13 more Bugs.
Time is running out and I am playing the board anyway, but the Bugs are not on the board and the time runs out.

Please HELP cause I'm ready to walk away from this game for good!

Snobaby2

[Post New]by Najda66 on Mar 7, 12 6:48 AM
I've been stuck on Derby Dog for weeks now and I'm really frustrated.

Out of the countless times I've played I've only managed to clear all the bugs ONCE!! I used the 'extra time' power up at the beginning and tried to concentrate on collecting medical bags to refill it. I also tried to go for chains of food of 4 or more. When a bug was in the same row or column I just blew it up! A chain of 5 gave me a candy bag which helps in clearing many chains. The leech power-up also cleared quite a few bugs etc.

I can't afford to buy any more powerups because I can't earn any extra cash from replaying past cases.

I really disappointed with all of this as I used to play nearly every day and all the fun has gone with this horrible blockage. :

[Post New]by Unitone on Sep 5, 13 10:43 PM
I also was stuck on DD. After thinking about it , the answer dawned on me. Think of the name of the level. A bug appears after clearing a certain number of hot dogs.
Keep at it. It may take more than one try, but you will beat it. Concentrate on the dogs, and use your medicine. Keep in mind every time one of the bugs explodes, your bug count goes down. Hope this helps. Good luck.

druids
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by druids on Jul 27, 14 8:39 AM
I DID IT! Thanks for the hot dog tip--I concentrated on getting rid of the bugs first and matching hot dogs, and saved my powerups for the gunk, even though I got a few more gunk squares because I didn't clear a few bugs in time.

Go to: