bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Fashion Finder: Secrets of Fashion NYC Edition - Released on May 23, 2009

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 22, 09 11:00 PM
In Fashion Finder: Secrets of Fashion NYC Edition , you`ll Meet Abigail Andrews a true trendspotter! Abbie has just been hired at a well known fashion magazine to help the editor. Save the struggling magazine using your Hidden Object skills and highlight everything from street style to runway couture. With Fashion Week, the biggest event in the industry, fast approaching, Abbie needs to find the hottest trends around New York City and make the magazine a must-read again.

Re:Fashion Finder: Secrets of Fashion NYC Edition - Released on May 23, 2009

[Post New]by Teebaby75 on May 23, 09 4:37 AM
I found this game to be quite boring. There was no challenge to it. The game had no mini games or anything that changed things up. I won't waste a credit on this. I'm disappointed because I usually enjoy fashion games of any kind.

eenybeanie
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by eenybeanie on May 23, 09 5:25 AM
I agree!! This game was so-o-o boring!!! I wouldn't waste a credit or coupon on it either!!!!

Momhart
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,296 Posts

[Post New]by Momhart on May 23, 09 6:19 AM
DITTO!!!!

wytwch
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by wytwch on May 23, 09 7:30 AM
This one went right in the trash. No matter how I adjusted the brightness, objects were undetectable in some cases ...which didn't really matter since the hint would highlight some white on white area and random clicking finally nailed it. VERY boring game.

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on May 23, 09 9:42 AM
Major duh! I didn't even finish the demo it was soooooooooo bad!

Lil_Red
Stingray
Stingray
5,319 Posts

[Post New]by Lil_Red on May 23, 09 11:58 AM
I must disagree with y'all.....It was easy if you've been H O games for a while, but we have new members that aren't as experienced as you.

Some of the objects were rather cleverly hidden and a certain knowledge of clothing terms was needed. It's not a game that I would play again, but it was relaxing and gave me the satisfaction of completing the game.

All members aren't looking to be challenged all the time.

JMHO.

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on May 23, 09 12:07 PM
This game seems to be targetted to tweens and teens. If you are really into fashion it might be a fun game and it might give you some ideas.

But because fashion is fickle and styles change quickly, this game will be outdated in months. If they issues updates every year it might have a better shot.

And why not include some mini-games that involve designing something, or creating a piece of jewellry, or putting together a puzzle of purses or shoes. Anything to break the game up a little bit.

I got more than 75% of the way through just in the demo alone. And i stopped to talk on the phone for 10 mins and accidentally left the game running.

So, definitely not for me but if you have a tween or teen girl, maybe they would like it.

friend6040
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by friend6040 on May 23, 09 5:03 PM
what I didnt like about this game and it maybe just my computer but i kept playing same rounds over and over again, how boring and unchallengeable. anyone else having this problem.

Emmie1956
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Emmie1956 on May 31, 09 11:51 PM
friend6040--I have the same problem. The levels continue to loop back and it's like treading water. It's so frustrating because I want to get it finished; one the most disappointing games I've purchased. Also, the site brags about "Ad Free" but this game is one big informercial. I.e. the Caress scene and the Marie Claire. There's also the Justin boots, etc. No wonder they lowered their prices, corporations are buying into the games.

[Post New]by CatsMeow3 on Jun 21, 09 8:09 AM
I think this is THE worst game I have ever dealt with. It was just advertising wrapped in a "game", but it wasn't really a game. I got as far as the "find the furs" area, then just about threw up. I couldn't believe they actually included furs. I gave it the benefit of the doubt though, and thought maybe they were talking about faux furs, but no... we're talking real fur here. What trash.. and that's exactly where it went after I saw that.

Go to: