Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Shiver: The Lily's Requiem Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 31, 15 12:53 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you're using.

Edited on 01/31/2015 at 6:29:12 AM PST

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Shiver: The Lily's Requiem Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by VTCT on Jan 31, 15 4:36 AM
I can't keep the key in the first scene in my inventory Can you help?

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Shiver: The Lily's Requiem Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Jan 31, 15 6:29 AM
Hi there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

[Post New]by amyfrances on Jan 31, 15 7:17 AM
Well, just like the last Shiver game, technical issues prevent me from playing. This time the game crashes almost immediately. I have the most recent version of Flash and all my software updates are current. I have a Mac running 10.7.5, which is the highest version my computer can handle. My set up is good enough for all the games on BFG except the recent ones from this developer. I LOVED the earlier Shiver games, I'm so disappointed. I'll contact tech to see if they can help, but I wanted to post about it too in case others are having troubles.

[Post New]by Phoenix1123 on Jan 31, 15 8:34 AM
amyfrances, I may have a possible solution for you. On the iMac, make sure that the game application software is in the Applications Folder; it can be in a sub-folder, however, it needs to be under the Applications. The iMac OSX requires specific code to be executed thus it needs to find the game software in the same folder that stores these executables. Hope that helps!

[Post New]by amyfrances on Jan 31, 15 8:35 AM
Phoenix1123 wrote:amyfrances, I may have a possible solution for you. On the iMac, make sure that the game application software is in the Applications Folder; it can be in a sub-folder, however, it needs to be under the Applications. The iMac OSX requires specific code to be executed thus it needs to find the game software in the same folder that stores these executables. Hope that helps!

Thank you for the tip, I'll check that!

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jan 31, 15 12:38 PM
I didn't have any problems the first time I started the game but I noticed I missed a pearl early on so I started over. Now I can't get past the prologue, the key disappears before I can open a door. I've tried it four times, poof!

I played the beta and had zero problems.

doorgirl
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by doorgirl on Jan 31, 15 1:32 PM
Am on a late 2014 rMacbook Pro 13" running 10.10.2 . Am running full screen and the image area is bigger than the screen area so there was right-left slippage, but the tabs are meant to be on the screen edges this meant that if the image area slipped left so that the far right edge of the image is visible, the hot spots are not in the correct alignment and don't work until they are slid back up to the right edge. The Guide tab is most affected.

In options there is only full-screen or windowed, with the window going beneath bottom border because of window title bar.

I wondered and tried the display settings and set it to one setting to the right of what all the other games usually use....and the others often crash if the display setting has more pixels.

This time, this game likes the denser pixel setting. The second from left in display prefs says "best for display". This game, on this model running this OS likes the next one over.

Can't be the only one that is dealing with this. bfgLianorm: could you tell Artogon. Am happy now that I found the solution, but it was annoying. And shouldn't be that complicated.

Like the game, tho. Creepy, but in a good way!

bep1
Shark
Shark
10,381 Posts

[Post New]by bep1 on Jan 31, 15 5:44 PM
I was enjoying playing the demo without problems when all of a sudden the sound disappeared. I went out of the game and back into it, but no sound.

bep1
Shark
Shark
10,381 Posts

[Post New]by bep1 on Jan 31, 15 7:13 PM
Never mind. Another game didn't have sound either, so I turned the computer off and back on and the sound is now working. Computer glitch, I guess.

agnesnic
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by agnesnic on Jan 31, 15 8:33 PM
I have downloaded the game x 2 and although I get the game cursor the rest of the screen is completely black - there is also no sound. Windows 7

lw2016
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by lw2016 on Feb 1, 15 7:15 AM
Hi,

I could Play the demo without Problems. Only at the end, when I entered Rivendale, the game crashes every time I try to enter through the window.
If this is not solved, I will not buy the game.

sexxygamma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by sexxygamma on Feb 1, 15 10:06 AM
lw2016 wrote:Hi,

I could Play the demo without Problems. Only at the end, when I entered Rivendale, the game crashes every time I try to enter through the window.
If this is not solved, I will not buy the game.

I am having same problem!!! Looked like a very good game to buy until that happened!

iamchani
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by iamchani on Feb 1, 15 1:06 PM
I'm running windows 8.5 on a newer computer. Played the game fine until I started the siren game by the big gate. It was the game on the right. I did the colored balls in the right order, but missed it several times. Then it just stopped working. The game still plays fine, but it won't finish this one game. I think I can skip this game, which I hate to do since I play the hardest level. I'll let you know if I finish the whole game.

Bluecassie37
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by Bluecassie37 on Feb 1, 15 2:49 PM
In the bonus game the fish tank developed thick black lines where a water weed should be.

[Post New]by littleoldlady on Feb 1, 15 5:42 PM
I'm running Windows 8. The first time I started the game, it opened straight into the first scene without even displaying a menu. When I found the key to the front door, it wouldn't stay in my inventory. I tried restarting three more times. I was able to see the menu before the game actually began so I created a new player each time. I was never able to get the front door key to go into the inventory.

I have noticed a lot more problems with new games over the last few months. It is very disappointing. I'm only two minutes into the game and it's over.

[Post New]by BethS1973 on Feb 1, 15 9:03 PM
Don't know if this is really a TECH issue, but I can't find where the achievements are located. Can you offer assistance? Otherwise, I really enjoyed the game.

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Feb 2, 15 12:29 AM
Downloaded the game and pushed play. The game then notified me that the trial had expired.

Needless to say, I will not be buying this game.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Feb 2, 15 2:29 AM
Rhysdux wrote:Downloaded the game and pushed play. The game then notified me that the trial had expired.

Needless to say, I will not be buying this game.

Sometimes there is a hiccup between the GameApp and the download that causes a false "Trial Expired" message.

Usually un-installing and re-installing will correct this problem.

Hope this helps.

BK

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Feb 2, 15 4:40 AM
Just playing bonus chapter on Macbook Pro latest OS X Yosemite and as soon as I'd found a casing needing some gunpowder the game won't let me do anything anymore?

Just screen goes blurry then opens inventory item again. Can't even move using the map as it's blurred wherever I go.

Anyone any ideas please? I've lost count of the number of times a CE glitches in the bonus chapter.

I've stopped the game running, gone back in and same old blurred screen. So for now game not playable ;-((

Go to: