chimenesryan
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

TGT : The Omega Stone-Riddle of the Sphinx II

[Post New]by chimenesryan on May 24, 09 1:26 AM
First, wow the site is lagging, now I see why no one has posted in over an hour!
Second, this is a large file, so have not downloaded it.

But I felt bad because there was no thread for it yet, so I created one.

*Crosses fingers*

~Chimene~

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

Re:TGT : The Omega Stone-Riddle of the Sphinx II

[Post New]by scotcat on May 24, 09 1:28 AM
Is it a movie or a game?

ComputerCharm
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,537 Posts

[Post New]by ComputerCharm on May 24, 09 1:31 AM
I too was wondering if anyone has played this game. Was wondering what type of game is it?

Charm

Islaug
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by Islaug on May 24, 09 1:44 AM
I am downloading it right now -but it will take about 4-5 hours -have tried it before.....because it is 1,5 GB. I think it is an adventure game -where you look for clues and solve riddles in slow motion. In the preview the graphics look good.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on May 24, 09 1:53 AM
I already have waaay too many unfinished Adventure Games sitting on me desktop. Will pass on this unless I hear it's exceptional, whichon reading about it I'm not. It's gotten pretty good reviews, not outstanding, but one thing I'm seeing multiple comments on is little direction as to where to find needed items and lots of back-tracking and pixel hunting looking for what you need, without knowing exactly what you're looking for. I used to love tis about Adventure Games but find I no longer have the patience.

Good luck and happy gaming, fishies!

chacetate
Herring
Herring
393 Posts

[Post New]by chacetate on May 24, 09 1:59 AM
I wish they could give you a little bit of the game to play to see if you like it. Like maybe just 10 mins worth of sample lol. i have never bough one of the large file games before since i cant demo it.

FlashKnockOut
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by FlashKnockOut on May 24, 09 2:21 AM
I too wish they would give us at least 30 min. to try out the LGF`s. Im not a fan of egyptian dessert games but the introduction video of this game looked promising so I will give it a try. I can always get a walktrough if I get stuck somewhere in the game. And adventure games are what I like best of all.

Edited on 05/24/2009 at 2:21:58 AM PST

rebacin
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by rebacin on May 24, 09 2:29 AM
I too am waiting to see more posts- may pass on this one- like to play a demo b4 buying..

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on May 24, 09 3:19 AM
I bought Egypt III: The Fate of Ramses. Wasn't to thrilled with it. So I'm going to wait and see what everyone says on this one before I get it.

1_odd_1
Clownfish
Clownfish
862 Posts

[Post New]by 1_odd_1 on May 24, 09 3:33 AM
well, i just read 4 different reviews on it and i'm sorry to say i probably won't be getting it. i was almost ready to take the plunge and buy it. one review reported some errors in it and you had to get a patch for it. hopefully this version has the patch in it already but i'm not willing to take the chance on a game i can't demo that i already know has had tech problems. another review stated you have to read an awful lot, even noting you had to read a couple of chapters of a cheesy novel. way too much work for me. i read that some of the puzzles have to be done in parts. you do part of the puzzle and then have to fly from maybe london to mexico find some pieces, come back to london, do some more of the puzzle, then fly off to maybe egypt and pick up more pieces. the constant traveling and having to revisit areas repeatedly seem to be a big down side in that review. it looked like such a good game, too. but i will pass.

Skwaw
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by Skwaw on May 24, 09 5:50 AM
I played the first one, and honestly, some parts were frustrating.. I was hoping to see someone buy the second one before I go and buy it... but it seems like every other fishie is doing the same lol

I guess I'll just pass for this one then. Especially with the tech problems and needing a patch... err... no thanks.

[Post New]by lilprincessred13 on May 24, 09 6:46 AM
I'm sure has fixed it. I'm still debating. I have a couple unfinished games, nothing pressing though. I don't mind the back and fourth. I may have to try it...

hollie96
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by hollie96 on May 24, 09 6:58 AM
chacetate wrote:I wish they could give you a little bit of the game to play to see if you like it. Like maybe just 10 mins worth of sample lol. i have never bough one of the large file games before since i cant demo it.

Agreed. I won't buy anything I can't demo first. I suppose I've gotten spoiled with being able to demo nearly every game, but I'm not going to blow any money (even if it's only 6.99) on an unknown - especially since the biggest problem could be that I wait forever and day for it to download and then find it won't play on my weird computer.

glamma
Clownfish
Clownfish
736 Posts

[Post New]by glamma on May 24, 09 6:58 AM
The riddle of the syhinx was one of the first games I bought from Big Fish. I never could play it. The pictures were out of focus and the sound off. Would love to try this game..but afraid of the same results. Will wait til I get a new computer for this one.

woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

[Post New]by woodentot on May 24, 09 8:36 AM
I love adventure games. BUT I AM FED UP WITH THEM BEING BASED IN EGYPT. I will not download another game if it is in EGYPT. Can we please have games in other places in the world.

ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

[Post New]by ghost777 on May 24, 09 8:50 AM

thackrk
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

The Omega Stone-Riddle of the Sphinx II "Differrent View"

[Post New]by thackrk on May 24, 09 8:54 AM
My favorite games are the large file Adventure Games, Agatha Christie, Dracula Series, Syberia, and newest favorite A Vampyre Story (which had both my daughter and I laughing as we played it together and no not an Easy game but a blast)

When Big Fish Introduces a large file game we almost always download, and I have yet to be disappointed, even without the trial, and for the record, although there are really cool parts of the Omega Stone I am liking so far, I am Stuggling with what my goals are supposed to be.

Also it is not based in Eygpt, Since downloading last night ( took less than 15 mintues) I have been to Easter Island< Stonehenge, and on a boat in the Carribean underwater at a boat wreck so although I concure about the Eygypt games, this one does not realy have much Eygypt so far...

Just wanted to update my thoughts, am going back to game...so far it is no Syberia, and my daughter has lost interest as it is not as fun to her as the Nancy Drew games (which I dearly wish there was more of!)....

TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on May 24, 09 9:04 AM
I bought both Riddle of the Sphinx 1 and 2 a long time ago at Best Buy, but haven't played either one of them yet.

TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

The Omega Stone-Riddle of the Sphinx II "Differrent View"

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on May 24, 09 9:07 AM
thackrk wrote:My favorite games are the large file Adventure Games, Agatha Christie, Dracula Series, Syberia, and newest favorite A Vampyre Story (which had both my daughter and I laughing as we played it together and no not an Easy game but a blast)

Just wanted to update my thoughts, am going back to game...so far it is no Syberia, and my daughter has lost interest as it is not as fun to her as the Nancy Drew games (which I dearly wish there was more of!)....

I have A Vampyre Story also. Bought it from Amazon, but haven't got around to playing it either....so many games and books. I will never get them all played or read. Have you tried the Hardy Boys game? Nancy Drew gives help in it like the Hardy Boys do in her games.

Shastac2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by Shastac2 on May 24, 09 9:25 AM
woodentot wrote:I love adventure games. BUT I AM FED UP WITH THEM BEING BASED IN EGYPT. I will not download another game if it is in EGYPT. Can we please have games in other places in the world.

I AGREE WITH YOU!!!!

shastac2

Go to: