Re:Welcome to Deep Voyage forum

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Aug 2, 08 2:43 PM
Hi,
I can't get past level 43. Is there a way to get more time or bombs??
Thanks!
HorseDancer1

jmfarley
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Deep Voyage

[Post New]by jmfarley on Aug 3, 08 9:19 PM
Horsedancer and others playing this game: this game is very hard. I have played and beaten many match 3 games and this is the hardest one for me. You just have to keep trying and try different combos of powerups to beat the round. I don't remember specifically what combos I used to beat round 43. There are no ways to get more time or bombs, except the one (very expensive) powerup that will drop bombs, but I don't think I had enough coins to buy it until round 50 or so. In a few rounds there are little hourglasses you can click on to give you more time, but those are not available every round and unfortunately there are no extra time powerups.

I am stuck at level 88. I have tried every powerup combo I can and cannot get past it. I won't be able to finish the game - it is hard for me to believe it is this difficult and I am not even halfway through.

Good luck! It is a cute game but I cannot recommend it if you actually want a game you can finish.

[Post New]by magstimewaste on Aug 5, 08 3:13 PM
I am in level 54 and cannot beat it. It is just frustrating, not fun and I can beat all these games with play.

I have the power ups. Never saw the hourglasses, could use some. It is good to have a challenge, but if it is too complicated, then it becomes a pain.

I cannot imagine why it is so hard to win tokens. I wonder if going back and playing lower levels over and over again are the answer?

This game should have a difficulty setting. Plus, it keeps kicking me out of it. I have been kicked out at least 10 times today. Just when I think I am going to finish a level.

Mags

jmfarley
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by jmfarley on Aug 5, 08 3:49 PM
Hi Mags, Sorry to hear you keep getting kicked out of the game. That is really annoying when that happens. It hasn't happened to me in this game so I have no advice on that.

Good suggestion to go back to lower levels to get more tokens. i tried that and I did earn tokens for finishing a lower level, but after I successfully cleared that lower level, they took away the tokens I had earned on that level! So, I don't think there is a way to get more tokens. I cannot remember what round the hourglasses started (maybe round 60 or so?), but I only saw them maybe every 5-6 rounds. If they showed up in every round, I might have a chance.

So, I am still stuck at level 88. 112 more levels of this? No thanks.

Good luck. If you can figure out any tricks, I would love to hear them!

[Post New]by magstimewaste on Aug 5, 08 4:47 PM
I started a new game with another name and am buying no power ups and making no upgrades to the garden in hopes that I can save up to get something really good with my tokens, but this is proving pretty difficult also. phfff.

[Post New]by magstimewaste on Aug 6, 08 1:15 PM
Ok, I am not sure what level I am on, but I just spent several hours trying to beat it. My strategy this time is trying to keep from buying powerups so I can buy the better ones. At this point, I do not think I can go any further and I cannot buy any more power ups.

This game is not worth the time or the money. I am sorry I bought it at this point.

Mags

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Aug 6, 08 1:29 PM
Hi everyone! Deep Voyage is indeed a very difficult game; I had troubles with it myself. I've posted a few hints in a thread called Tips and Tricks for Deep Voyage. Aside from these, all I can say is keep at it. One thing I can tell you that helped me was using power-ups even before they had recharged all the way up to their max levels. Sometimes using them this way helped me out in a pinch. Good luck!

Happy gaming!

[Post New]by Wakeup on Aug 7, 08 1:00 AM
Magistimewaste, and the rest of you guys....REALIZE YOU CAN RETURN the upgrades! So you get ALLLL Your coins back....100% token in and token out. So dont be afraid to buy upgrades....it's a one for one..you spend 1 token and if you sell the upgrade you get your 1 token back.

I only made it to level 83...not quite 88 yet...hehe....but ya after about 50 or so...it's all based on the upgrades you use/get.

Good luck!

[Post New]by Mspkrfan on Aug 7, 08 4:41 PM
I really liked this game, but have been stuck on level 72 for 3 days now. Does anyone know of any games simular to this one that isn't IMPOSSIBLE though.

[Post New]by magstimewaste on Aug 7, 08 5:05 PM
I made it to level 82. I am pretty much finished for now. I cannot find any combination of power ups that will take me any further. I have traded them around as much as I can. I just cannot find anything that helps. This game is challenging, but at some point it stops being fun. I have reached that point.

I prefer my games to be challenging, but also a bit of fun. This game has the little mermaid looking like it is light hearted....nothing like that. I am off to play something that I enjoy.

If someone finds some key, let us know. I have used all the tips here. This is it for me.

jmfarley
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by jmfarley on Aug 7, 08 5:19 PM
Mspkrfan,

If you like the ocean/nautical theme, a couple match three games that I liked were Big Kahuna Reef and Big Kahuna Reef II. Fishdom and Hidden Wonders of the Depths were also cute.

Other games I have liked include Atlantis Quest and Monarch the Butterfly King.

My favorite match 3 games (regardless of theme) so far are Cradle of Rome, Cradle of Persia, and The Treasures of Montezuma

Of all those above, Atlantis Quest (you can actually lose lives in this one) was the hardest for me, followed by Treasures of Montezuma.

The two "cradle" games are cool because you are building a city, so you accumulate a nice variety of supplies, tools, food, and so forth to build the city. The Monarch game can be played in timed or no time limit mode, and it is a really pretty game, though seeing the same flowers for a hundred rounds can get monotonous. But it has ALOT of cool bombs and explosion effects. Treasures of Montezuma was an exceptionally well-designed game, in my opinion, even though the board is a simple rectangle each time with the same colors of stones, the gradual increase in difficulty and the availability of cool bonuses (such as an extra time bonus) was what made it a very good game for me.

Right now I am playing a game not available on BFG that is quickly becoming one of my favorite match 3 games. It is called "Pastry Passion". The name sounds corny, but the graphics are beautiful (highly-detailed and rich, sort of cartoonish, but not annoyingly so), it is well-written (some cute humor), and has a lot of variety in, as you might have guessed, dessert ingredients! Who doesn't love dessert! It also gets gradually more difficult and there is a stand-alone arcade minigame included.

Have fun!

[Post New]by magstimewaste on Aug 7, 08 6:04 PM
I will try some of the cradle games and see how I like them. Like I said, I like this concept due to the complexity, but it is just too hard for me to enjoy.

[Post New]by SouL_Thinking on Aug 12, 08 6:27 PM
Does anyone know of another game like this? Not a normal swap match three but this collapse type puzzle?

Thanks

SouLThinking

EndlessSerpent
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by EndlessSerpent on Sep 11, 08 2:03 AM
jmfarley wrote:Mspkrfan,

Other games I have liked include Atlantis Quest and Monarch the Butterfly King.

Have fun!

Dang, I never new that Reflexive made Monarch the Butterfly King. They are one of my favorite companies for game making.

Downloaded Monarch on your recommendation, and found it to be a great game (small wonder though, it's from Reflexive. LOL)

Thank you for letting me know. Reflexive is one company I've never been disappointed with.

If anyone knows of any other Match3 games by Reflexive, please let me know.

Perhaps we should have a Reflexive forum on here. (just kidding) LOL

[Post New]by mattpeg on Sep 11, 08 3:01 PM
Hi,
I have posted two messages in the Tips and Tricks and Has anyone Had this Problem? I won't bore you with a repeat. Please tell me what area is best to communicate in. I really like the reference to other games as this game has us all pretty exasperated no matter what level we are on. We all must be over-comers and love to beat the odds. Thank you for the information and continue sharing new leaps and bounds! (smile)
Peg

[Post New]by chelseagarde on Oct 19, 08 8:05 AM
Please tell me how to unlock the very last level.....

jodihs
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by jodihs on Oct 29, 08 8:31 AM
I know that this is an old game by now but has anyone beaten this game? I've hit level 201 and am just stumped. Is it the game or is it me? Would appreciate hearing from someone who has actually beaten this game.

mad_b
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by mad_b on Nov 3, 08 2:19 AM
Hello everybody!

There is one ultimate tip which helps to complete all levels.
So, here it is: when antibonuses appear ( like X-piece or the one which spreads itself on the board ) use some powerup to immediately remove antibonus from the board. For this purpose you can use even the very first and cheapest powerup. If you let this antibonuses to stay on the board they will restore tiles and it will be more difficult to finish the level.

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Nov 3, 08 4:33 AM
SouL_Thinking wrote:Does anyone know of another game like this? Not a normal swap match three but this collapse type puzzle?

Thanks

SouLThinking

Try enchanted Cavern, I lovedit, and the music is nice.

[Post New]by mjcj1965 on Nov 20, 08 3:17 PM
i am stuck at level 204. The game will not let me past 203. Can anyone guide me as to how to get to 204

Go to: