ecko
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

Is anyone else getting a "corrupt file" message when opening the game?

[Post New]by ecko on May 24, 09 3:31 PM
Like a lot of you, we are also experiencing the game freezing. We've uninstalled and reinstalled like everyone else, without much luck.

One thing I did notice is that our PC gives us a message that "xqxxxtx.exe" in our temporary folder is corrupt and suggests we run the chkdsk function. I've tracked down this file to be the dmactivator application for this game. Our directx is uptodate as is our video card.

I've also noticed that each time we've uninstalled, reinstalled and tried to create a new profile as suggested, our old profiles are still there. We've completed shut down our computer and started it back up with each uninstall/reinstall we've done. I find that a bit odd.

I'm going to contact Cust Support but was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this "corrupt file" situation.

Thanks!

Icky_Etardo
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Icky_Etardo on May 29, 09 7:56 PM
ecko wrote:Like a lot of you, we are also experiencing the game freezing. We've uninstalled and reinstalled like everyone else, without much luck.

One thing I did notice is that our PC gives us a message that "xqxxxtx.exe" in our temporary folder is corrupt and suggests we run the chkdsk function. I've tracked down this file to be the dmactivator application for this game. Our directx is uptodate as is our video card.

I've also noticed that each time we've uninstalled, reinstalled and tried to create a new profile as suggested, our old profiles are still there. We've completed shut down our computer and started it back up with each uninstall/reinstall we've done. I find that a bit odd.

I'm going to contact Cust Support but was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this "corrupt file" situation.

Thanks!

Next time, after you've made the new profile, click on the old profile. There's an option to delete it. Also, once you've uninstalled the game the regular way, you could try and find it on your hard drive and delete it manually. It's usually under C:/Program Files/Yard Sale Hidden Treasures - Lucky Junction or C:/Program Files/Games/Yard Sale Hidden Treasures - Lucky Junction. Next, reinstall the game, and you get a fresh start with no old profiles. I had a game go bad on me and had a hard time getting rid of all of the pieces of it a while back. I noticed that when I uninstall a game and reinstall it, it doesn't remove the old profiles.

Re:Is anyone else getting a "corrupt file" message when opening the game?

[Post New]by highrise on May 31, 09 8:19 AM
i do even down loading last night and the same thing happens did you get to play it yet

[Post New]by romans323 on Jun 26, 09 8:43 AM
ecko wrote:Like a lot of you, we are also experiencing the game freezing. We've uninstalled and reinstalled like everyone else, without much luck.

Thanks!

[Post New]by rainbow_1960 on Jun 26, 09 9:09 AM
I don't get the "corrupt file' message. I get to the 3rd site on The Enchanted Island and the game freezes. I can't get past the 3rd level or it will freeze. Can you help me?

rawbiesgrl
Marlin
Marlin
8,929 Posts

[Post New]by rawbiesgrl on Jun 28, 09 12:42 PM
this game keeps on freezing for some reason, sam with the other one the yard sale hiddng treasure: sunnyville.

Dot2
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Dot2 on Jul 5, 09 6:32 AM
After I choose game type and mode, I get a black screen with just the gold cursor in the middle & and error message: Access violation at 0x00620032 Tried to read from 0x00000402 program terminated. I've uninstalled & reinstalled both from the Program Manager (trash can) and from Add/Remove programs. Still freezes at same place. What do I do now?

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Jul 5, 09 11:34 AM
Hi, Dot2, and welcome to The Pond, where the water is warm, and the fishies are friendly!

I think your game problem will require Customer Support - lower right of screen, green envelope. They are very good, and will probably be able to assist you on Monday, after the holiday.

Have fun gaming!

Go to: