Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Elven Legend here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 4, 15 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you're using

Edited on 02/04/2015 at 7:13:10 AM PST

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Elven Legend here.

[Post New]by pita1234 on Feb 4, 15 3:31 AM
After opening menu and entering my name, when I hit "play," I just get a black screen and game cursor. Had to CAD to close game. Is this an HD game? Windows XP.

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Feb 4, 15 3:49 AM
Same thing is happening to me. Black screen with cursor after clicking "play". A few months ago I had played a trial of this on its original web site and it worked fine. I downloaded the trial again just to see and the game worked as expected as as long as it was not from BF. I wonder what they could have done to it to cause the problem. It can't be my computer since it is fine elsewhere. I would buy the game if it would work but as is the case with many BF offerings lately...it does not.
Using windows 8.1

Re:Please post any TECH ISsUES for Elven Legend here.

[Post New]by funkdiva74 on Feb 4, 15 4:33 AM
I have the same issue, I can go in the settings and the achievments, but as soon as I press play, I get a black screen with the cursor and nothing else happens. I'm using windows 7.

[Post New]by CheerfulDragon8 on Feb 4, 15 5:50 AM
Slightly different problem for me. I was able to play the first two levels. On level 3, I 'clicked to play' and the game froze. It wouldn't respond to any mouse clicks. I had to Ctrl+Alt+Del and use Task Manager to close the game. I've uninstalled it. Pity, as it looked like a fun game and I like Time Management games.

[Post New]by strichel on Feb 4, 15 6:57 AM
Also having the black screen problem. Have to go to task manager to shut the game down. Also cannot add a player, it will let you type the name in but will not let you select that player's name. The only way to get back to the start screen is to select the "player" that is already set up in the game. Love time management games, but will have to delete this one until it is fixed!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 4, 15 7:14 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by coolcostumed on Feb 4, 15 7:54 AM
I was able to play the trial version up to level 11 with only a few "glitches". When level 12 started, all I got was a black screen with 4 fires that were visible. Since the game was working fine up to this point, it must be the game itself. If the developers can fix the problems, I will be happy to buy this game. (Windows XP)

[Post New]by stricklands on Feb 4, 15 9:13 AM
black screen also windows 7 please fix

momrox
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by momrox on Feb 4, 15 9:51 AM
I also get a black screen. Windows 7.

[Post New]by Wychwood77 on Feb 4, 15 9:57 AM
I can't get the game to finish installing. It crashes my computer at 99%.

solquist
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by solquist on Feb 4, 15 10:00 AM
Level 10

1. No time Bar

2. No supply amount frame at the top.

UPDATE - exited out, back in and it reappeared.

Edited on 02/04/2015 at 10:03:46 AM PST

tesamoine
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by tesamoine on Feb 4, 15 1:21 PM
Same thing .... when I click play, get a black screen. Windows 7.

ETA : Played this on another site without any problems at all.

Edited on 02/04/2015 at 6:36:20 PM PST

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Feb 4, 15 2:00 PM
I can play it but it is like playing in quicksand. Had to immediately turn off custom cursor. Play moves very slowly & I really have to click hard or double click on items to get characters to move. I can see random lines behind the game so I am sure it is not loaded properly...

bethy829
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by bethy829 on Feb 4, 15 2:08 PM
Game seemed to be working for the first few levels, then just went to a black screen with some spots of light. Had to use the Task Manager to get out. On the upside at least it happened before I bought it. Using Windows 7

maxbridge
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Elv.en Legend here

[Post New]by maxbridge on Feb 4, 15 2:31 PM
I'm on PC Windows 8.1 and got access violation 0x03DE092E,
I still haven't got Ghostwriting working for the same reason but every other game I have is fine??
Is this game compatible with Windows 8.1??
Is Direct X the issue?
I like the look of this game - would love to be able to play it and then I would buy it!! My kind of game looking at it..
Any help much appreciated..

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Feb 4, 15 5:05 PM
As I said earlier, this game must be compatible with windows 8.1 as it plays just fine when downloaded from its original site. Seems like with so many similar complaints it isn't fair to blame everyone's computer instead of the game itself. I can't help but wonder how extensively these games are tested before being offered for sale. With their motto "a new game every day" perhaps they do not have the the time nor effort to devote to proper investigation. I'm not placing blame, just wondering. Perhaps less quantity and more quality is the answer.

maxbridge
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

GRAPHICS DRIVER UPDATE dated Jan 15 FROM INTEL solved this issue for me.

[Post New]by maxbridge on Feb 4, 15 6:37 PM
Hi everyone - this may help some of you - I followed the BFG instructions on locating my Graphics Driver, which was Intel HD Graphics 400, I went to Intel and checked update options, a new version released on 8th January 2015 was found. I downloaded and installed this (which was quite slow - took about 20 minutes all up?) - but SUCCESS, after having troubles for the last week and not being able to play this game at all, it took me straight in first time.
So I suggest, whichever system you are running (Windows 7, 8 or 8.1) there is a new INTEL update available since the 8th of January - try it and I hope it works.
Cheers.

Cursor issues

[Post New]by lostgirl98 on Feb 5, 15 12:44 AM
My cursor in the game is VERY slow, making it very difficult to focus it on the tasks to click on them and finish the levels in time. It's driving me crazy ... any tips??

carip2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by carip2 on Feb 5, 15 1:47 AM
kitty1 wrote:I can play it but it is like playing in quicksand. Had to immediately turn off custom cursor. Play moves very slowly & I really have to click hard or double click on items to get characters to move. I can see random lines behind the game so I am sure it is not loaded properly...

I have the same problem

Go to: