Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Elven Legend here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 4, 15 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 02/04/2015 at 7:15:34 AM PST

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Elven Legend here.

[Post New]by Janette5 on Feb 4, 15 2:22 AM
Elven Legend is a typical building / resource collecting game. There are three skill levels, relaxed (time not important), casual (multi-click) and expert.

Main points:
Your main character does only certain things like talk to people, your workers do all the rest. You need a griffon's house to remove monsters etc. There is nothing new that I haven't seen before in other similar games up to level 12 where I stopped as my demo time expired. Buildings can be upgraded as with other games.

Strategy:
Yes! There are limited resources and you have to use them wisely. Not limited in that you'll run out, but limited in that if you don't do things in the right sequence you are going to wait and at any time I had to wait for resources I knew I wasn't going to get 3 stars. However, you'll probably have to play every level more than once, the first time to have a look the second (or third) time for 3 stars. There are a lot of choices on what to build first, when to collect items from a storage point and what to upgrade.

I had no technical issues with this game, everything worked well although I did switch off the custom cursor after a while. I didn't have the sounds / music on.

I would recommend this game to everyone who likes these resource type games as I think the developers have ticked all the boxes, a story for those that enjoy it, very pretty graphics, strategy for those of us who like a challenge and relaxed play for those that don't.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 4, 15 7:16 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Elven Legend here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Elven Legend.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

Spookys_Mom
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

Too Slow

[Post New]by Spookys_Mom on Feb 4, 15 3:53 PM
Wow, I was hoping to like this but no go. I play these gather and build games all the time and almost always get the three stars and I replay the level until I do. This game is a gather and wait, gather and wait and gather and wait some more. The supplies take way too long to regenerate and you are left just waiting with nothing to do but watch the time go by. I tried to post the review on the game but could not. The video is stuck right in the middle of the review screen. Guess that helps the game from getting bad reviews. Anyone else not crazy about the new format. I liked to have never found the forums. Really, up at the top called "Get Game Tips" and why switch the Play and Buy Buttons?

nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by nivlem007 on Feb 5, 15 3:37 AM
Spooky Mum - Yes I agree. This site seems to be changing a lot and as soon as you get used one way they change to another. I like things to stay put then I know where I am. I love this game but the wait is very frustrating. There should be a resource speed up, I know there is a resource refill but that is slow to get back there, but I will still buy the game just as a challenge to keep trying to get three stars.

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Feb 5, 15 8:54 AM
The forums can be found in exactly the same way as before - through "community" on the blue bar or from "Get Game Tips" on the individual game page.

Edited on 02/05/2015 at 8:55:29 AM PST

Spookys_Mom
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Spookys_Mom on Feb 5, 15 1:28 PM
janspack wrote:The forums can be found in exactly the same way as before - through "community" on the blue bar or from "Get Game Tips" on the individual game page.

I did not know that about the "Community" on the blue bar. I had never clicked on it before. Thanks for the tip.

Audreyrpeters
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyrpeters on Feb 6, 15 3:38 PM
I play these type of games a lot. Game is extremely difficult to get 3 stars in the higher levels. Some seem like they are impossible. I played on the multi-click or casual level and it seems like it should have been at least possible to get three stars, but I honestly don't think the developers even tried to manage this at the casual level. Can't imagine how hard it would be at the higher difficulty level. It should at least be possible. I liked the concept of the game, but it was frustrating for a player like me that wants to get all three stars to the end of the game. I gave up and took many levels at two stars.

elizaew
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
408 Posts

[Post New]by elizaew on Feb 8, 15 1:18 PM
I dislike the childish graphics and the music is awful. Of course I turned off the annoying voices right away. I am also really surprised to find that it is difficult to get three stars in early levels. I play on expert mode.

kuz48
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by kuz48 on Feb 9, 15 12:13 PM
This is fun little game. At first I thought it was going to be one of those mind numbing games you play right before you go to be so you relax and sleep but it is tricky. As posted previously it has a lot of interesting twist and if you don't plan out your approach you will not have enough resources or time. I like the challenges of this. Kept things interesting. I never play with music, voices, and always use regular cursor. Good job!

cjathome
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by cjathome on Feb 9, 15 4:47 PM
I love games like this one and play them (and buy) all the time. I don't expect to get three stars on all levels normally without playing some over and over again but usually, I can get to level 10 or so without having to repeat. I can't get three stars on level 3 in this game!! I already bought the game and will play it to the end because there just isn't a lot of new games out there for folks like us who like to play these games. But jeez, this one is hard to make 3 so lower your expectations if you're going to try it.

[Post New]by Faerieschyld on Feb 12, 15 1:15 AM
What happened to the review that you could see immediately at the download page of Eleven Legend and all the other games? I don't like having to hunt for a review of a game in the forums before I decide to buy it. If this is a new format, it is very clunky to use. Please change back.

I haven't even found a forum in which to post general questions like other websites do.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Feb 15, 15 3:58 AM
The game doesn't quite have enough zip. I think if there were just ONE little extra thing - and nooooo way do I mean wallpaper or screensaver - it might spur me on to buy. Like for instance some mini games, or I don't know what else.

The achievements are not actually achievements, they are just points that you inevitably reach after X amount of gameplay time. That's definitely not achieving anything, so I cant say those are attractive to me.

When I decided to pass on Elven Legend was when I realized that its not really time management - its more just click on needed resources and then run back home. As Jareth in Labyrinth said, "What a pity".

The graphics rock, though. I love the graphics.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Feb 25, 15 8:41 AM
I always enjoy builder games and this one was very colorful but pretty much the same as all builder games. I played the untimed mode and found it a bit boring after awhile. The bonus line refreshes very slowly so I can imagine it being a bit of a challenged played in a timed mode. Not as many levels as others and has "achievements" if that's what floats your boat. Make sure you turn off the really annoying voices right off the bat or they will drive you nuts. I turned the music down too.

Typical storyline...sorceress with big bad guys for assistants makes life miserable for the good guys by taking something precious and destroying the land. Gets a little old. I have played other builder games with more pizazz than this one but I got it with a credit so that was OK.

The levels do get more challenging as you play along and I had to restart a couple of times because the level depended up making the right direction choice in the beginning, so that added a bit of entertainment.

I give a 3- out of 5..probably won't play again as there are better ones out there.

Edited on 02/25/2015 at 8:44:29 AM PST

[Post New]by grandmaintexas on Feb 27, 15 9:25 AM
I want my money back. I in no way consider myself an expert but this game is ridiculously hard and no fun at all.

[Post New]by victorianartist on Mar 8, 15 10:36 AM
Buggy! Had to go to the developers site and download from there and BF.... it works from there!

Had trouble with adding a player... it would stick

Turn off cursor, because it is ridiculous and slows the game

When you could add a player, it did not ask what you would like to play at ... casual, normal, professional. I fixed that trashcanning from BF, downloading from the developer, then reinstalling from BF.

Professional level also played as casual... really now?!!! Still had to trash can and then use developer install, and reinstall from bf to fix small problems. Not sure why this works.

Some levels ... getting 3 stars is a real problem. Plus, there should be a walkthrough for this because the stuff available out there is not helpful by each level unless you come here.

BF... game is really buggy and should get fixed before release. Not a bad game, but the problematic screen freezes, inability to change players, etc., etc., need to be fixed. It is hardly worth the sale price if you cannot play it, and actually why should we have to go through frustration, hell, and stress to play a game. I think we need a fix.

KathyR1958
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Not good fun--too difficult

[Post New]by KathyR1958 on Mar 15, 15 9:01 AM
I play these kinds of games all the time and can always get 3 stars eventually. This one I had to play many levels multiple times just to get to one star, until I finally lost interest. I like a challenge but not one that you can never accomplish. The "I love my job" at every single move is unbelievably annoying and the Elven Princess moves ridiculously slow so even if you get to the end in time she ruins your time (for someone who wants to save her parents she sure strolls to their rescue). And the timer keeps running during some of the cut scenes, which I have never seen before. All in all a failure of a game for me. Very disappointing.

[Post New]by silverdove50 on May 14, 15 10:44 AM
I would NOT buy this game!!! That's my advice to anyone who's thinking about it. I play TM games a lot and usually can get three stars on every level.
This game is buggy - which is the reason you can't get three stars on some levels, and it is very poorly designed. Pretty much impossible to get even one star on the higher levels. I just managed to squeak by with one star - so forget about three.
I truly regret paying money for it. It should be sent back to the developer for an overhaul, and the buyers' money returned!!!

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Aug 5, 15 3:16 PM

I love TM games and always play in timed mode until I get 3 stars on every level.

In this game there are 2 levels where it is just impossible to get 3 stars (24 and 40).

To my mind, that says a lot about the developers, none of it at all complimentary. Get real for heaven's sake and grow up you guys. Make the game a bit difficult by all means, but NOT just darn IMPOSSIBLE.

It would help a lot if that silly girl didn't move with the speed of a striking snail, that just RUINS the whole timing of the game.

Go to: