bigflipper
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Pet Feeding Places??

[Post New]by bigflipper on Feb 4, 15 5:29 AM
Sorry if this has been asked before i have looked through the forum but cant see any thing on pet feeding places and there is a lot of forum and threads to look through .. Please can any of you long standing M.C players tell me if there is a best place to feed a certain pet .

robB1
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

Re:Pet Feeding Places??

[Post New]by robB1 on Feb 4, 15 6:17 AM
There's lots of theories about where and when to feed pets but having fed a few in my time, I'm pretty much convinced it's all random.

In fact, I can't imagine why the developers would make it otherwise!

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Feb 4, 15 6:53 AM
Also, people with multiple games have reported that their pets are totally different in each game. One may get a lot of gold from the pig, while another has only rusty. Still, this game is a big gamble in a way, and gamblers always have their superstitions

jeanjrs
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by jeanjrs on Feb 4, 15 8:24 AM
[b]I am only on Level 17 and have a lot to learn about this very addictive game!! I only feed my pet (I only have the original pet they gave me) when it reaches 5 and the pet wakes up to be fed. In my inventory I have pet food - but not sure how to go about giving it to my pet ---- or does that come later after Level 17 - as I see nothing that tells me to feed the pet. I was told not to sell my pet food. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot. I believe the pet I have is the griffin.
jeanjrs

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Feb 4, 15 8:54 AM
Jean.........you need to get pet eggs.....found on the wheel (sometimes), the dice game (rarely), put them on your wish list, also check out "eggs to gift" and "eggs to trade" depending on what platform you use. Once you get an egg go to the crafting circle, click on the paw and it tells you what you need to craft each pet. Different pets eat different food. Different pets also bring back better stuff....4 kinds of chests - wood, rusty, silver, and gold.....gold chests are also used to get an achievement.

Hope this helps....any questions, just yell.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Feb 4, 15 5:48 PM
To feed the pet, all you do is click on it when it's awake and it automatically takes the food from your inventory (assuming you have enough). You don't have to feed the pet, they don't starve if you don't! The griffin is not good on rewards, so it's best to add more pets as you can. When you've crafted more than one, you can switch them by going into your inventory and clicking on the pawprint tab to go to the pet section. This shows your pets and food available, and lets you set a different one to be active.

kithri
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by kithri on Feb 4, 15 8:38 PM
Not sure where it is, but somewhere in the forum is a list of "tells" that the pets give. If you feed them, location doesn't really matter, according to these tells, you have a better chance at gold chests. It works most of the time, might be worth looking for.

robB1
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by robB1 on Feb 5, 15 3:51 AM
Shame if you missed the Christmas pets.

The snowman is fantastic. Even a wooden chest is good value for 3 simple foods and if you get a gold, you're quids in.

[Post New]by Duncan_14all on Feb 7, 15 3:15 PM
This is a list of all available pets in the game for now (minus the Odd Egg, nobody knows anything about this egg, still a secret, but can be found in the game, mostly on the Wheel, when you are lucky to catch this one).

The list, what your pets need to feed:

SIMPLE FOOD:
- Well-Dressed Snowman - 3 bags
- Snow Griffin - 5 bags
- Good-Natured Hedgehog - 6 bags
- Little White Bear - 6 bags
- Silly Seal - 8 bags
- Flap-eared Puppy - 8 bags
- Purring Manticore - 8 bags
- Voracious Lemur - 16 bags
- Nimble Squirrel - 16 bags

SPECIAL FOOD:
- Joyful Penguin - 5 bags
- Hopping Tiger - 5 bags
- Winged Cat - 8 bags
- Plush Panda - 10 bags
- Spotted-Winged Parrot - 10 bags
- Egghead Owl - 12 bags
- Sharp-Eyed Snail - 15 bags

RARE FOOD:
- Funny Yeti - 5 bags
- Emerald Dragon - 10 bags
- Pink Piggy - 10 bags
- Flirty Hippo - 12 bags
- Baby Pegasus - 15 bags

UNIQUE FOOD:
- Santa's Reindeer - 4 bags
- Treasured Phoenix - 8 bags
- Gold-Bearing Turtle - 8 bags

Copy and paste this list in a file, just a reminder.

How and where you get these cute animals, I can only say, try one of the pages at the very top of this forum, on page 1, like:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/284084.page

Duncan

Edited on 02/07/2015 at 3:16:22 PM PST

mlc311
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by mlc311 on Feb 8, 15 12:44 PM
jeanjrs... you are going to need lots of pet food when you reach higher levels. Areas call for 12,000 or 15,000 or more coins to open. Some of the pets cost 25,000 up to 50,000 coins. Takes a long time to get that without using the pets! I only feed my pets when asked in a quest or if I want to speed up my coin collection. Otherwise I putter along and just play quests and HOS to build up the bank.

sportsvine
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by sportsvine on Feb 8, 15 3:58 PM
I always feed my pets in the castle vicinity same screen as the Broken Carriage and Crypt. My game has given me lots and lots of gold chests feeding pets in this location. I suppose other games for other players might be different though.

kiki232627
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by kiki232627 on Feb 9, 15 12:51 PM
My best results are in the dungeon where the sculls and the battle pit are. But lately my snowman loves the ancient park in the town.

Criaz
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by Criaz on Feb 10, 15 4:47 AM
Better to feed your pet on the screen on which it was received

Lady_Qila
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Qila on Feb 10, 15 11:03 AM
Criaz wrote:Better to feed your pet on the screen on which it was received

Seriously? Actually I got all of my pets in the Pet Crafting area and imagine that's where all of them were received. If you want to talk about the eggs, that's a different matter. I received several of my eggs from the wheel and I got my five Christmas pets from the quests. I have NO idea what area I was when I finished the quests as you can be anywhere in the game for that. Just sayin.

Go to: