Audreyrpeters
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

Level 9

[Post New]by Audreyrpeters on Feb 4, 15 9:05 AM
Kinda lost for strategy here. Can only get 2 stars. Any help?

Kathb1
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Re:Level 9

[Post New]by Kathb1 on Feb 4, 15 11:37 AM
What helped for me was to use the extra resource bonus whenever it was available, and also not to build the sawmill until after clearing the first swamp.

Audreyrpeters
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyrpeters on Feb 4, 15 11:56 AM
I tried that tactic, tried upgrading the sawmill, tried not getting an extra guy, tried waiting for the plus bonus before picking up the wood, etc. No combination seems to work. I am playing on the middle level.

tsj1769
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by tsj1769 on Feb 4, 15 12:16 PM
I also have tried several different things, cant get 3 stars any help ?

Audreyrpeters
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyrpeters on Feb 4, 15 1:31 PM
Well finally got it and it wasn't easy.
Hope I can remember. :-)
Wait for the Characters to get into position before you click on the dialog
Upgrade to two guys and start making your way left to the water and right to the wood mill
Clear to the ghost and build the griffon house as soon as you can.
Clear the ghost and make your way to the farm but do not build the Farm or the Wood mill yet.
Clear the swamp on the right side and hopefully the plus bonus is coming soon.
I think mine came in the middle of chopping the log. Enable the plus bonus and make sure you get the double chopped wood, the water and a food, then build the wood mill and farm. Make your way to the second ghost and wood.
Do not miss any water!
After clearing all the wood I had to wait a little to build the bridge.
I don't think it is necessary to build the well
Use the speed bonus, clear and get to the tree ASAP
I FINALLY got three stars.

HemiGamer
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by HemiGamer on Feb 5, 15 5:32 PM
Thank you Audreyrpeters, I finally got 3 stars following your very helpful written walkthrough. On to Level 10! I must help Aerin and defeat Mortessa! One note, I think you do have to build the well, at least I'm pretty sure I did. Thanks again

tatajojo
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by tatajojo on Feb 6, 15 3:00 AM
I am playing on "professional" mode...hahahaha ...enjoying the challenge, that level was the trickiest so far, the way I got 3 stars was to try various strategies on the bonuses and order of using them because at one stage you need the "+1" bonus for the water before crossing the last bridge, the way that worked for me was as follow:
-Get two workers to start with
-Clear everything you can (all resources without exception) left and right using the "fast" bonus x 2 until you reach the water paddle on the far right.
-Build the farm and sawmill, then only cross that paddle
-At that stage let the bar at the bottom get to the "+1" bonus, and do not be tempted to use it until you have at least for grab some water and 2 loads of wood to pick up.
-Then the fast bonus after that, however I started it to cross the last bridge, it allowed me to pick up the remaining things fast and build the well.
-For the tree you will need 8 waters so, make sure that you have either 6 before crossing but in my case I had 4 and the last lot of water was conveniently timed with the crossing of the last bridge to be picked up, so I didn't have anymore waiting to do

Audreyrpeters
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyrpeters on Feb 6, 15 12:27 PM
Nice strategy tatajojo. I have found I cannot get 3 stars on the middle level after a certain point in the game.

And by the way I did not build the well on this level. :-)

mbmb6868
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by mbmb6868 on Feb 7, 15 12:17 PM
Thanks, tatajo! Worked like a charm!

FYI Building a well is a goal on this level so it must be completed. At least on professional mode.

[Post New]by gatorfan82 on Feb 8, 15 8:09 AM
Thanks tatajojo! It took me about 30 tries using your strategy but I finally got three stars. It was tight, the star was blinking when the level ended.

elizaew
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
408 Posts

[Post New]by elizaew on Feb 9, 15 4:51 PM
I have tried tactics from tatajojo and Audreyrpeters and still end up waiting, waiting, waiting, for resources to cross the bridge. I must not be understanding what you've written. In the end, it may not matter. This game is turning out to not be fun. I love time mgmt. games and wish there were more of them. I bought this based on strong reviews. But this one is turning out frustrating instead of fun.

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Feb 19, 15 4:14 PM
Thanks tatajojo, it worked!!

[Post New]by tygirina on Feb 28, 15 3:11 AM
I really dont understand this level. I tried both strategies presented here, i even tried to combine them, but nope, i am seconds away from 3 stars... I am waiting for another help here, because i didnt get this level yet. Thank you!

Edited on 02/28/2015 at 3:17:29 AM PST

marebito
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by marebito on Feb 28, 15 1:09 PM
Here's how I managed this level, so hopefully it'll work for you. (I'm playing (struggling?) on pro mode.)

Bonuses used:
Speed
Speed
Increase resources
Speed

Tip:
- Use the first two speed bonuses as soon as they become available
- Make sure to access and pick up stump resources as quickly as you can
- Do not pick up water after passing the additional worker bonus. Instead, pick up water as soon as the bonus is available. Cross bridge. Next water pick up should be available as you finish building the well.

Order:
- Upgrade camp
- Concentrate on clearing the water stump then rest of resources
- Cross first puddle on right
- Build gryphon home
- Build farm
- Get rid of first ghost
- Build sawmill
- Fill in second puddle and get rid of second ghost (do not touch resources until +1 bonus available)
- Pick up water + 3 wood with bonus (closer wood stump should become available while the bonus is active)
- Build bridge
- Build well
- Get rid of wolf
- Restore root

Hope that makes sense. Good luck and have fun!

Edited on 02/28/2015 at 1:10:41 PM PST

sandyshome
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by sandyshome on Mar 6, 15 2:29 PM
Thank you marebito! Got thru with lots of time to spare. For those of you who said you didn't repair the well, it's a requirement, at least it is for medium difficulty.

Go to: