stratacatQ
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

Level 24 help!

[Post New]by stratacatQ on Feb 4, 15 7:43 PM
I haven't been able to figure out how to get both goals (fill balloon + melt waterfall) in the time allotted. I've played this level a dozen times & can't seem to figure out the right combination to pass it! Help!!!!!

Re:Level 24 help!

[Post New]by supersarge on Feb 5, 15 1:31 AM
Same here, I've tried numerous times but I can't figure it out.

Audreyrpeters
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyrpeters on Feb 5, 15 5:23 PM
Agreed, there doesn't seem to be a way to do this. Hmmm...

[Post New]by GameGirl1369 on Feb 6, 15 12:54 AM
Pretty certain it's impossible to get 3 stars on this one, I've tried about 30 times! I have managed to pass the level with 2 stars though -

upgrade to 2 workers,
clear the 2 wood piles,
collect first food (north) and clear obstruction from farm,
build farm
collect second food (north), clear the big crystal (south),
clear the second roadblock (south) as soon as the farm produces 2 food.
collect 2 x food (south)
clear the wood obstruction (north)
clear stone obstruction as soon as you have 4 food
collect food & water (north) and clear & collect wood (south)
wait until you have 8 food (DO NOT upgrade the farm yet)
build bridge, use the extra worker bonus and start collecting/clearing wood,
upgrade farm ASAP,
build and upgrade the crystal mine to level 2
build the well AFTER you have upgraded the crystal mine
keep collecting water/food/wood as they appear
use the 2x building bonus as soon as available and just keep collecting all available resources
collect 10 wood, 10 crystals, 15 food then fill the hot air balloon,
collect 20 crystals, 20 water, use the speed bonus and melt the waterfall

Edited on 02/06/2015 at 2:39:35 AM PST

Audreyrpeters
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyrpeters on Feb 6, 15 8:04 AM
Nice post GameGirl! I used a similar strategy, only I did not upgrade to two workers until after the bridge was built and did not upgrade the farm at all. I also did not harvest the wood in front of the balloon until later on. I can only get to two stars. Am not sure the devs really made this level possible or tested it thoroughly. I may have to cheat and start the level with more resources. :-)

Edited on 02/06/2015 at 8:04:53 AM PST

[Post New]by supersarge on Feb 7, 15 2:09 AM
Thank you GameGirl!

stratacatQ
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by stratacatQ on Feb 7, 15 10:56 PM
PURRFECT!!!! THANKS FOR THE TIPS! WORKED LIKE A CHARM!

elizaew
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
408 Posts

[Post New]by elizaew on Feb 14, 15 1:59 PM
Using Game Girl's advice I was at least able to pass this level with one star. At least I can continue the game. Thank you Game Girl.

[Post New]by ultimate_chik on Feb 16, 15 4:05 AM
thanks game girl only got 1 star but least i have done it now )

[Post New]by PaulenLode on Mar 9, 15 10:46 AM
In my opinion, it is NOT DONE that there is no possibility to finish the level with 3 stars.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 9, 15 11:07 AM
Hi everyone,

I came across this thread in the pond and see that there is some trouble progressing on level 24 with getting both goals in the time given.

Thanks GameGirl1369 for the fantastic tips! It looks like it really helped fellow players. Your tips are very much appreciated.

Happy gaming everyone!

bfgBellerophon

M1rAk0n
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by M1rAk0n on Mar 13, 15 5:48 PM
Glad to know it's not just me going crazy on this one. Seems no matter what I've tried, I always wind up with the timer having it's "break" (so only 2 stars) right where I just need one water pedestal to re-spawn.

I think the biggest thing here is the time is pretty short with so many forced waits, and the double resources takes awhile to fill up.

Having a close by pedestal with wood or crystals would help, being forced to build the bridge first or you can't cross just hurts.

arrgh stlll just going *headdesk* at this one.

j6point7
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by j6point7 on Mar 14, 15 9:51 AM
I go for the three stars in time management games -- this level is absolutely impossible to get three stars on!! I think this is the only time I just called it good and moved on. Don't like!!!

M1rAk0n
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by M1rAk0n on Mar 14, 15 4:00 PM
j6point7 wrote:I go for the three stars in time management games -- this level is absolutely impossible to get three stars on!! I think this is the only time I just called it good and moved on. Don't like!!!

totally in the same boat here! Should have seen me twitching with Cooking dash CE, when the game glitched and didn't give me the final award for all trophys@.x *headdesk*

Hopefully they patch the game, one removed obstacle on this level and some time addition may be enough without a huge modification.

[Post New]by thewendylady on Mar 27, 15 9:11 PM
I have also tried about 40 X on many different occasions. 2 stars is manageable a number of different ways. 3 is impossible. Fix this please.

[Post New]by scholcombe on May 16, 15 7:23 PM
Upgrade city hall, clear the stump, collect the food, clear the crystals headed toward the balloon. Collect the food. Clear the crystal for the farm and build the farm only one level. Wait for food and clear the stump toward the rock. Wait for the food to build up and clear the rock. Collect the food and water heading toward the bridge. Don't use the 2 resources button instead use the fast run and gather wood and clear stumps and gather food and water. Ignore the shed working your way through all the water first. As soon as possible build the crystal mine. DO NOT BUILD THE WELL. There is enough water in the game if you collect it. Gather wood from the shed using fast run mode throughout game. Build up the crystal mine to 3rd level as fast as you can. You will clear the waterfall first and then the balloon. Good luck, this one is a challenge.

[Post New]by ginnywoj on Jul 6, 15 5:06 AM
"I may have to cheat and start the level with more resources. :-)"

How do you do that?

[Post New]by jefantie on Jul 14, 15 8:50 AM
Hi,

Has anyone been able to complete this level with three stars? Without the cheats ;-)

Go to: