catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery of the Ancients: Deadly Cold CE here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Feb 5, 15 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have! It might help to include the Operating System you're using,

Edited on 02/05/2015 at 6:30:50 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery of the Ancients: Deadly Cold CE here!

[Post New]by belamba on Feb 5, 15 2:34 AM
I've been playing this game for about 90 minutes, but as soon as I reach a bit where the amulet needs to go on the ice my cursor fades out and the game freezes?
I've come out of the game twice, and when I go back in it starts me at the beginning of the chapter again...then freezes.

I've a Macbook Pro latest OS X Yosemite...

A game did this to me the other day...

Only happens after buying them...

Any ideas please?

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery of the Ancients: Deadly Cold CE here!

[Post New]by belamba on Feb 5, 15 2:34 AM
I've been playing this game for about 90 minutes, but as soon as I reach a bit where the amulet needs to go on the ice my cursor fades out and the game freezes?
I've come out of the game twice, and when I go back in it starts me at the beginning of the chapter again...then freezes.

Any ideas please?

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 5, 15 6:32 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

Redmink
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Redmink on Feb 5, 15 6:44 AM
belamba wrote:I've been playing this game for about 90 minutes, but as soon as I reach a bit where the amulet needs to go on the ice my cursor fades out and the game freezes?

Any ideas please?

I've had issues like that, and before tinkering with your 'puter settings or doing diagnostics, try changing the fancy cursor to a plain (system) cursor ... should be in the game's options. The load on your graphics processor may be high or there's some sort of conflict.

[Post New]by Phoenix1123 on Feb 5, 15 9:06 AM
belamba, make sure that the game is under the Applications folder on your MacBook. I have a MacBook, and an iMac widescreen. the Mac's OSX systems require the execution of specific operating system code to execute some of the game code. I load all games into a folder within the Applications folder and never encounter these issues. Hope that helps!

1unicorn
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by 1unicorn on Feb 5, 15 12:29 PM
Too slow, sticky. Curser jerks around. Cannot play.

Edited on 02/05/2015 at 12:29:39 PM PST

[Post New]by Ellama on Feb 5, 15 1:13 PM
I got the lighter, started it, now I need it for burning the kite and the lighter is gone.... Any idea????

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Feb 5, 15 3:43 PM
I just got the silver inlay for the throne room...and it vanished. I can't progress without it.

I'm really, really sick of this happening.

Bonus Game - Tape

[Post New]by GreenAngel1977 on Feb 5, 15 4:22 PM
I am almost finished with the bonus game, but I can't find the tape and any time I click on hint, I get nothing. I have read through the guide and there is nothing on where to find the stupid tape. Any ideas?

dorish2
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by dorish2 on Feb 6, 15 4:40 AM
I can't find the tape either.

Doreen

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Feb 6, 15 1:35 PM
The tape is mentioned in the strategy guide. Get the Mountain Emblem from the shop and return to the cave. Insert the mountain emblem into the chest to get the tape.

This will probably get deleted as this thread is for tech issues and the inability to find an item is not a tech issue.

[Post New]by shelterhill on Feb 6, 15 2:50 PM
Is it just me, or is the sound odd, I hear first before text, and vice versa, very annoying

barbdesc
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by barbdesc on Feb 6, 15 7:48 PM
I cannot get this game to go to full screen, cannot use your cursor as it sticks and is slow. Also the voice over is pathetic!!!!

[Post New]by debopaints on Feb 7, 15 1:03 AM
belamba wrote:I've been playing this game for about 90 minutes, but as soon as I reach a bit where the amulet needs to go on the ice my cursor fades out and the game freezes?

Any ideas please?

Same issue Macbook OS X

leboyd170
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by leboyd170 on Feb 7, 15 10:45 AM
Playing MAC version of the game. Completed entire game and now playing Bonus Chapter. Rescued first puppy - gave to Mother dog and did not receive the other half of the wire cutters. I have re-downloaded the game and still no other half of wire cutters.

madyad
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

is there a fix/update to install?

[Post New]by madyad on Feb 8, 15 6:20 AM
Dell PC, Windows- map, ?/info & hint button not working, having issues outside Hunter's Shop at Baumholder City.minigame in hunter's shop froze as far as the '?'/info button. the mother ice tiger is not gone although i gave her the ice kitten [no longer in my inventory and placed where cogs show up], nothing in my inventory has a + nor do any other actions need to be taken; i've uninstalled/reinstalled, i created another player and went step by step following the guide and still end up w/ the same issue, pls advise. thanks

Hoppity
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Hoppity on Feb 8, 15 8:02 PM
I'm in the bonus chapter and the mountain scene has dropped off into oblivion. However, I did not yet open the chest with the mountain token. I realize I am now screwed because I can't just replay the bonus chapter. I would have to play the whole game over to restart the bonus chapter. Big game flaw and big disappointment!

Edited on 02/08/2015 at 8:02:41 PM PST

[Post New]by yeshem on Feb 8, 15 8:42 PM
I can't pass the Hop game in trunk of a car at Baumholder city. even when I click hint where it highlights nothing happens. I played the game twice and after getting the first cross button it stops there. Please help.

Thank you

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by bonggamer on Feb 9, 15 5:09 AM
I clicked on the book but then the book vanished. Cant go forward without it. MacBook, Yosemite.

Go to: