Whopper_Whale
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

Purchase because video looked intriguing? - Responses Welcome

[Post New]by Whopper_Whale on May 25, 09 1:57 PM
Did anyone else buy this game because the video looked intriguing?

Edited on 05/25/2009 at 2:09:44 PM PST

Shastac2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

Re:Purchase because video looked intriguing? - Responses Welcome

[Post New]by Shastac2 on May 25, 09 5:04 PM
I'm not sure too many ppl bought this game. I've been waiting to find out if it was worth buying but haven't heard yet.

shastac2

[Post New]by Script4Tears on May 26, 09 3:20 AM
I played Riddle of the Sphinx a looooooooong time ago and couldn't wait for this sequel so bought it as soon as it appeared on cd's !!! yes it is VERY long and well worth the money if you love mental work outs. I must say the puzzles WERE harder in this one and we used hints a lot, (although with all the walkthroughs available now anyone can do this !!! we just got hints and worked it out) but the graphics are excellent and the sounds and music are excellent.

I just love these type of games anyway, lol many people dont because they require a lot of thinking and coming and going.

I dont remember too much of the detail as it was a year or 3 ago that I played it, but it is a must for hard core adventure fans !!!

Explore and enjoy and do Riddle of the Sphinx too coz that was even better. !!!

[Post New]by mandalamama on May 27, 09 9:50 AM
i bought it because of the video, it looked like a great game. i'm still wandering around the Sphinx, i'm not able to manipulate anything and haven't found any puzzles/traps yet to work on! even inside on that stone at the end of the crawlspace from the Ark. is there a walk-through with hints only yet, i wonder?

kempette
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by kempette on May 27, 09 11:15 AM
I couldn't tell what type of game it was... puzzles? what? Is it like the old game 7th Guest- that sort of thing? I haven't played one of those in ages. Frankly, I didn't think they made games like that anymore.

debf
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by debf on May 28, 09 7:49 AM
Hi Purchased this game and is absolute c**p No wonder they didnt do a free download cause no one would have bought it

gojojogo
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
465 Posts

[Post New]by gojojogo on May 28, 09 8:01 AM
What you'll either love or hate about the game is that it is really free roaming. If you like a linear game where you work though one location before the next one is opened up then maybe this game isn't for you. There is a lot of exploring to do before you get a picture of what is going on.
For hints try the Universal Hint System site. Rather than laying out what you need to do in a walkthrough this site let's you choose how much information to reveal so you can get a nudge in the right direction or a step by step answer to a puzzle.

Oh, and as has been said on this forum before SAVE, SAVE, SAVE. You can die easily and frequently!

[Post New]by queticogal on May 28, 09 1:07 PM
bought the game............BIG mistake !! Have uninstalled the game because couldn't figure out how to get out of the first room! NEVER again will buy a game before trying it...........

hermette
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by hermette on May 28, 09 2:30 PM
Just downloaded it and am completely baffled as to what I'm supposed to be looking for. I have no idea what I should be taking of and why. I can move around fine, but when you try to play a game w/o a clue to what to look for, what to find, it gets frustrating as heck. That's the state I'm in right now. If you can't play the game, it's not fun. So I'll probably uninstall it.

Hermette

thehyatts
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by thehyatts on May 30, 09 12:53 PM
debf wrote:Hi Purchased this game and is absolute c**p No wonder they didnt do a free download cause no one would have bought it

thehyatts
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by thehyatts on May 30, 09 12:57 PM
Yep it looked good, large yes, can I do any thing, no, Do I have to go through that long pro log each time I open it to see if I am a bit smarter, operantly, am I happy with it NO. Will it stay in my computer, most likely not.
Small wonder there is no play before buy. LESSON LEARNED!!!!

[Post New]by queticogal on May 30, 09 7:57 PM
complained to Big Fish Games about this game. Explained that I uninstalled and wanted by game club credit back.........and THEY DID !! Wonderful response from BFG, great way to keep customers satisfied.

Whopper_Whale
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Whopper_Whale on Jun 2, 09 12:21 PM
gojojogo wrote:What you'll either love or hate about the game is that it is really free roaming. If you like a linear game where you work though one location before the next one is opened up then maybe this game isn't for you. There is a lot of exploring to do before you get a picture of what is going on.
For hints try the Universal Hint System site. Rather than laying out what you need to do in a walkthrough this site let's you choose how much information to reveal so you can get a nudge in the right direction or a step by step answer to a puzzle.

Oh, and as has been said on this forum before SAVE, SAVE, SAVE. You can die easily and frequently!

i know. i touched the electric fence at the stonehegde and died.

acola
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by acola on Jun 4, 09 11:40 AM
I really don't like this game because it has alot of errors.I saved often because it will go off and you have to restart.It is a hard game but I don't mine that. but seems to have trouble in install.

Stoneyman
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Stoneyman on Jun 5, 09 4:35 PM
Computers - great, Games- great, Adventure games- great, Feedback from forums- Priceless!! To everyone with their reviews- Have a round on me & thanks!

kiedon
Clownfish
Clownfish
552 Posts

[Post New]by kiedon on Jun 6, 09 1:36 PM
I am a die hard adventure large file gamer. Those who do not know what to expect on a large file games get totally frustrated and think it is horrible. This is a very difficult LF game not for the unitiated. It was not my favorite plus I had computer issues with it, a bug in one of the first puzzles, I also do not care for LF games where I can die every 5 minutes. But that is just me. The puzzles in this are not very clear and real stinkers so you really need to be smart. For some this is gaming heaven like I said not my favorite. If not for the glitch I would have played it through anyway using a walkthrough when I got stuck and save, save, save.

[Post New]by harliquin on Jun 7, 09 9:01 PM
I bought this game, I love large file games.I am still buried underground and give up, I keep getting lost ,Hate it and hate is a pretty bad word but this game was a waste of money to me.

[Post New]by berlin567 on Jun 8, 09 7:03 AM
queticogal wrote:bought the game............BIG mistake !! Have uninstalled the game because couldn't figure out how to get out of the first room! NEVER again will buy a game before trying it...........

same here

dreamlass
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by dreamlass on Jun 11, 09 3:24 AM
i love these forums cause the video on some LF games are great but you find out excactly by the forums thanks to the fish pond
cheers
dreamlass

[Post New]by dancer121961 on Jun 11, 09 3:31 PM
I got started got to the tent went in did not find anything to tell me where to go got to helicopter but could not communicate with the man. what do I do?

Edited on 06/11/2009 at 3:37:53 PM PST

Go to: