bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Sweet Lily Dreams: Chapter II here!

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Feb 6, 15 6:10 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Sweet Lily Dreams: Chapter II here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Sweet Lily Dreams: Chapter II.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgLianorm

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Sweet Lily Dreams: Chapter II here!

[Post New]by abarrett on Feb 6, 15 6:19 PM
I was curious as to why no one had written a review of this game. Adventure games are not my usual style of games, but I am willing to try adventure games out. The game does not open in widescreen. The graphics are more in line with TM games and my son's massive on-line battle game and not what I am used to seeing in hidden object games.

First, you are asked if you want to play the tutorial. After saying 'yes' to playing the tutorial, I got a confusing series of portals to go through, credits, and finally directions for moving around the scenes. Then, there were battles between a couple of creatures looking for a missing girl and a villain in which you could use magic, a special skill, etc. Once I defeated the villain and rescued the girl, I went through a portal to meet with another person. After that, I couldn't figure out what to do next and gave up after 20 minutes.

I hope that those who like playing games of this style will play the demo and give a review, because I may not have done the game justice.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 7, 15 1:34 AM
This is not really an Adventure game, but an old-school RPG. And those never open in widescreen.
Usually they open first in window mode, but you can toggle between window and full screen mode by pressing ALT+RETURN at the same time.

This game is by Rose Portal games who also gave us "Whisper of a Rose", but I am not too keen on the games by this dev.

I have been waiting for BF to give us some more RPGs, especially the new Edolie and Asteria, which has been renamed to Valiant Resurrection.

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Feb 7, 15 3:39 PM
I find it curious that it took 3 years to release chapter 2. I admit I finally lost all my patience and bought the complete uncut version straight from the developer 2 years ago just so I could finish this wonderful RPG.
Sweet Lily Dreams is far more complex in structure than most RPGs. There are many intricate puzzles to solve. Instead of exploring and then discovering handy village items shops to stock up your items inventory, you must collect a variety of crystals, herbs and whatnots and craft spells, healing potions and buffing furnishings and apparel for yourself, your home and your companions.
You will pass through many portals where you will meet many monsters as well as characters who will enlist your aid for quest items in exchange for potions and status boosting amulets.
This is not a game for beginners or hidden object players. I am not sure if I can even recommend this game section because who knows when part 3 will be released?

Go to: