JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

Is there a walkthrough for this anywhere?

[Post New]by JessF on May 25, 09 6:07 PM
I'm finding the mini games quite challenging & now remember why I didn't buy it for $6.99. Of course $1 was a different story.

Thanks.

ComputerCharm
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,537 Posts

Re:Is there a walkthrough for this anywhere?

[Post New]by ComputerCharm on May 25, 09 7:00 PM
If there is a walkthrough you can put the game name in the google bar and a walkthrough will come up if one is available. Hope this helps.

Charm

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on May 25, 09 7:35 PM
If there is a walkthrough, I couldn't find it! There were a lot of us who had problems with the game, so if you click on All Game Forums (tab at top of this screen) and scroll down until you find this game, you'll probably find a thread that will answer your questions.

HTH

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on May 25, 09 9:26 PM
There is not a walkthrough that I have ever seen but I have posted some pictures and videos in my photobucket of some of the puzzles and mini-games.

To find these pictures and videos:
Do a Google search for Photobucket. When your search brings up the results just go to the main Photobucket site . On that page there is an Image Search box. Put the two words lizziek photos in that box and search.

It will come back and say “No matches were found to your search request.” Keep going to the bottom of that page and it will say “Are you looking for the Photobucket user lizziek photos? Click here to see this user’s album.” Click on that and you will be on my main page.

Look on the left of the page and you will see the game album names. Click on the album Count of Monte Cristo. Click on a picture to enlarge it.

I hope you find it and that the pictures help you. Good luck and enjoy the game.

Edited on 05/25/2009 at 9:48:29 PM PST

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on May 26, 09 12:06 PM
Thanks. Lizzie - I've already checked out your photos. It showed me what the answer was and I thank you - but the puzzle directions did not make much sense and I was hoping there was an explanation somewhere.
Oh well - at least it was only a dollar.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on May 26, 09 1:13 PM
JessF wrote:Thanks. Lizzie - I've already checked out your photos. It showed me what the answer was and I thank you - but the puzzle directions did not make much sense and I was hoping there was an explanation somewhere.
Oh well - at least it was only a dollar.
Which puzzle are you asking about?

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on May 27, 09 4:50 PM
The first one maybe the Scorpio symbol - looks like a very fancy M - where you have red and green pieces and have to match color and symbol. I thought I had done that till I got to the middle & nothing worked.
There must be some logic in it somewhere but it totally escapes me. I saw your photo had all red on one half and all green on the other - but where they met the colors were different.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on May 27, 09 5:37 PM
Hot Spots game:

The game has sixteen symbols on the outermost circle, then eight on the next circle, then four, then two and finally one in the center. There are four kinds of zodiac symbols on the playing pieces: Gemini, Taurus, Libra and Scorpio.

You start on the outermost edge and work toward the center. There are diagonal path lines that connect two symbols in an outer circle to one symbol in the next inner circle.

In order to place a symbol in the next circle closer to the center, the symbol you place must be the same color and the same symbol as one of the two tiles it is connected to by the diagonal path lines in the larger circle outside of it. So if you have a green Libra and a green Scorpio on the outside circle, you can put a green Libra or green Scorpio in the next smaller circle.

The puzzle works that way all the way to the one center space. In that space you only have to match one of the adjoining symbols. You don’t have to match the color since the two symbols it is joined to are different colors. Good luck!

In my photobucket, in addition to the still pictures, I have posted a video of a game I played to show how it is done. I hope this helps.

Edited on 05/27/2009 at 5:40:19 PM PST

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on May 30, 09 3:43 PM
Thanks Lizzie. I'll try again.
I was very frustrated because I got all the pieces placed down to 2-3 in the middle so I thought I was following the rules and then no matter what I did nothing worked.
I believed the game would not let you place a piece if it was wrong but apparently I was mistaken.

cassiemum
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by cassiemum on Jun 8, 09 4:01 PM
lizziek thankyou for pictures have been trying to work this one out for 4 days was about to chuck computer through the window, thankyou so much

[Post New]by adamcat on Oct 18, 09 10:44 AM
LizzieK wrote:There is not a walkthrough that I have ever seen but I have posted some pictures and videos in my photobucket of some of the puzzles and mini-games.

To find these pictures and videos:
Do a Google search for Photobucket. When your search brings up the results just go to the main Photobucket site . On that page there is an Image Search box. Put the two words lizziek photos in that box and search.

It will come back and say “No matches were found to your search request.” Keep going to the bottom of that page and it will say “Are you looking for the Photobucket user lizziek photos? Click here to see this user’s album.” Click on that and you will be on my main page.

Look on the left of the page and you will see the game album names. Click on the album Count of Monte Cristo. Click on a picture to enlarge it.

I hope you find it and that the pictures help you. Good luck and enjoy the game.
Although I bought this game ages ago, I am only now checking it out. When I got stumped, I came in here for help. I found htis post, but when I went out to photobucket, there are no albums there jsut one picture from Twilight. Am I missing something, or did you take your game stuff down?

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Nov 29, 10 1:30 PM
JessF wrote:I'm finding the mini games quite challenging & now remember why I didn't buy it for $6.99. Of course $1 was a different story.

Thanks.

Am wondering if I've a newer version of this game because my 1st game (after 3 attempts) I SKIPPED as it had a skip button at the bottom and was able to move on into the game. It appears many people are saying that they stopped playing the game because of the mini-games; I'm wondering why -- if a person's not into solving it (or like me, having difficulty in doing so) -- why not just hit the SKIP button and move on?

MEnr56

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Sep 17, 11 4:48 PM
MEnr56 wrote:
JessF wrote:I'm finding the mini games quite challenging & now remember why I didn't buy it for $6.99. Of course $1 was a different story.

Thanks.

Am wondering if I've a newer version of this game because my 1st game (after 3 attempts) I SKIPPED as it had a skip button at the bottom and was able to move on into the game. It appears many people are saying that they stopped playing the game because of the mini-games; I'm wondering why -- if a person's not into solving it (or like me, having difficulty in doing so) -- why not just hit the SKIP button and move on?

MEnr56

Update: Upon realizing that I also lose ALL my hints, I just went to the Island of Monte Cristo (designated with the green diamonds) and clicked on the different colored gems that SPARK -- if you're having trouble finding them. For every 10 gems, you earn 1 hint; I just returned to the island until I'd gathered all 5 of my hints back and then went back to the game. The gems don't seem to appear UNLESS and UNTIL you've used ALL your hints up.

MEnr56

kimistry
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by kimistry on Nov 7, 11 4:13 PM
lilyr wrote:If there is a walkthrough, I couldn't find it! There were a lot of us who had problems with the game, so if you click on All Game Forums (tab at top of this screen) and scroll down until you find this game, you'll probably find a thread that will answer your questions.

HTH

I actually made one myself, as I couldn't find one, either. It is very basic, but it might give some clues as to what to do.
http://www.daipix.com/games/CountofMonteCristo/

Edited on 11/07/2011 at 4:14:36 PM PST

Go to: